ADVERTISEMENT

Best offense in the state

could be. But this all worl QB they have that makes everything go. Is he a recruited player or a local Lagrange kid who turned down LT because they have stinked for years?[/QUOTE

Lives in Lagrange Park, opted for Naz over LTHS for obvious reasons, good family, good kid. His “big” offers thus far are Yale, Iowa state, Michigan State, cincy

could be. But this all worl QB they have that makes everything go. Is he a recruited player or a local Lagrange kid who turned down LT because they have stinked for years?
He actually is a Lagrange kid lives a few blocks from Naz. Played LT youth ball.

Reactions: Gene K.
As a public school fan my only beef is these schools have turned into all star teams. Whatever happened to kids wanting to play for their hometown high school?
They still have to be coached up. If you were a highly touted QB prospect in a district where football is a bottom feeder, but the private 10miles away fits your style....what's your next move?

He actually is a Lagrange kid lives a few blocks from Naz. Played LT youth ball.

Historically Naz has recruited from local areas very well. 2014 and 2015 state teams were made up of players that had siblings that attended Naz. Racki has done a great job of getting top local talent and supplements it with kids from Naperville and Chicago.

Reactions: weirdo0521
could be. But this all worl QB they have that makes everything go. Is he a recruited player or a local Lagrange kid who turned down LT because they have stinked for years?
Ding ding. Kid lives 3 blocks from Naz. Love family is from Westchester. They were gonna go to PW? Evans is from west side originally and he has over. 4.0, I guess CPS was the way to go? I could go on and on. At the end of the day public school supporters need to stop looking at these kids as property of public schools. Each family needs to make a decision that’s best for the child, if a better education or environment is something you feel you need to pay for then what on earth is the issue with that?

Yeah I’m sure Diamond Evans would’ve loved to stay loyal to his hometown school and played at Urban Prep-Bronzeville
If he's from UP-Bronzeville's district then he's in Phillps' as well. By the why you don't have to be in district to attend the Urban Preps//Simeon/Lane/WY for exmaple

If he's from UP-Bronzeville's district then he's in Phillps' as well. By the why you don't have to be in district to attend the Urban Preps//Simeon/Lane/WY for exmaple
Take any CPS school and compare it to Naz. Naz wins every time not just on the football field in kids minds, but also the environment of the school and the community it is in. More factors go into a final decision of a high school choice than just football (even if that was the main reason they looked into it.)

As a kid who was property of the CPS, who went to Naz, the fact you are arguing why someone would make the choice is asinine.

Corey Cooper to Nebraska
Kyle Prater to USC & NU

Didn’t impact their recruiting going to PE & PW. If you are good they will find you

Or maybe it’s just not all about football. I know it’s heretical to say or suggest that. If you have a son, daughter, niece, nephew, have them shadow at a private school. Private schools are not just for the rich but for the determined also

But 100% agree, if you’re legit, they’ll find you anywhere but 13-18 year olds have a huge bridge to cross from 100% potential to being 100% legit.

Disclaimer: Had kids in private and public schools and they are great rookie adults. May God keep them on that path

2nd disclaimer: I just really like freedom, like a ‘die for it’ like

Speaking of D1 QB development as well. Obviously you can’t compare the 2 teams this year bc they were polar opposites.

The last 3 QB’s that have gone to LT have gone to Syracuse, NIU, & Cincinnati.

The last 3 QB’s from Naz prior to JJ I don’t believe ever threw a pass in college

And miraculously JB is now coach Sophs rather than the Offensive Coordinator and QBs coach... sounds like a brilliant move by LT Head Coach.

Speaking of D1 QB development as well. Obviously you can’t compare the 2 teams this year bc they were polar opposites.

The last 3 QB’s that have gone to LT have gone to Syracuse, NIU, & Cincinnati.

The last 3 QB’s from Naz prior to JJ I don’t believe ever threw a pass in college

Weren't they actually pretty good this year?
Corey Cooper to Nebraska
Kyle Prater to USC & NU

Didn’t impact their recruiting going to PE & PW. If you are good they will find you

They are sh!+ schools both academically and environmentally along with most CPS and others in the area that are drawn from.... no one wants to go there... only those that have to, do so.... I never mentioned exposure.... if you are a public school person from a far out suburb (Batavia) a rural area (Wilmington) a wealthy suburb (Glen Ellyn), etc and attended public grade school then I can see why you might question not playing for your hometown and kids you grew up with... none of that applies in the area we are talking about..... plus if you started in private/catholic grade school and never set foot in a public school in your life then the kids you grew up with and may want to play with are either also going to the private school or going 10 different directions for HS anyway so it doesn’t apply.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT