ADVERTISEMENT

Best New Hire?

Which school made the best new hire in your opinion? Fitzgerald at York? DeBoeuf to Prospect? Lynch to Mount Carmel? Arthur Ray to Curie? Horeni to DGN?

Who won the off season?

Is this only head coaches?

I'm not saying they "won the offseason", but Lyons Township hired recent alum and Northwestern stud Matthew Harris to come back and will be coaching their defensive backs. And their junior CBs had great years as it was imho.

Reactions: TonPlugZeroLock
Heard CoM new coach Blake Annen is bringing in former Bears Olin Kreutz, Israel Idonije, and Johnny Knox... anyone confirm??

Heard CoM new coach Blake Annen is bringing in former Bears Olin Kreutz, Israel Idonije, and Johnny Knox... anyone confirm??

Olin Kreutz was a beast at University of Washington and with the Bears! Was your post in jest or serious? I would make the drive from Naperville for a game to watch Olin coach up a HS OLine!!!

Olin Kreutz was a beast at University of Washington and with the Bears! Was your post in jest or serious? I would make the drive from Naperville for a game to watch Olin coach up a HS OLine!!!

Heard through some sources. Im trying to confirm if it is serious. Would be good for bringing in players but who knows how they would be as a coach.

I have a tough time seeing that considering his kid plays for Loyola
Well think about it, this way Coach Kreutz wouldn't catch the dreaded daddy ball germ that some coaches seem to catch when their sons are playing on the same team that they coach! Some of the best coaches in the game fall victim to this senario.

Which school made the best new hire in your opinion? Fitzgerald at York? DeBoeuf to Prospect? Lynch to Mount Carmel? Arthur Ray to Curie? Horeni to DGN?

Who won the off season?

Can you ever really tell? I know the guy from Lakes stepped into a mess at LZ and got them to 2nd in 7A, but you almost would have had to mess up to not get that squad that far it seems.

I think everyone likes the DeBoeuf to Prospect, thinking it'll bring back the glory years of Pearlman. But what would people have said about Prospect when Pearlman was first hired? Could anyone have predicted he's take a routinely moribund program and win 3 state titles in 5 years? What Pearlmans are out there waiting for their first opportunity and who recognizes it?

Also, it seems the success is often hard to recreate. Pearlman's best season at Wheeling was 5-5 and now he's a DC at Fremd. Stortz went home to Rock Island and was unable to recreate what he did at LZ and is now back an Conant. I don't think because DeBoeuf had success at Johnsburg he'll necessarily have the same success at Prospect.

Can you ever really tell? I know the guy from Lakes stepped into a mess at LZ and got them to 2nd in 7A, but you almost would have had to mess up to not get that squad that far it seems.

I think everyone likes the DeBoeuf to Prospect, thinking it'll bring back the glory years of Pearlman. But what would people have said about Prospect when Pearlman was first hired? Could anyone have predicted he's take a routinely moribund program and win 3 state titles in 5 years? What Pearlmans are out there waiting for their first opportunity and who recognizes it?

Also, it seems the success is often hard to recreate. Pearlman's best season at Wheeling was 5-5 and now he's a DC at Fremd. Stortz went home to Rock Island and was unable to recreate what he did at LZ and is now back an Conant. I don't think because DeBoeuf had success at Johnsburg he'll necessarily have the same success at Prospect.
KP. I look at what he did over the course of his tenure. Johnsburg was not a power before he got there. He took them to state. Debouf is a great young coach. Prospect made an outstanding hire.

Pearlman was never going to be winning state at Wheeling but to get them to the playoffs says a lot. Put him at Hoffman and I'm sure he does the same as Donatucci did. It will be interesting to see if Heyse can continue what Donatucci set him up with.

Stortz I'm not as sold on. I think he won a lot of games because of some great talent and Proffit's defense.

KP. I look at what he did over the course of his tenure. Johnsburg was not a power before he got there. He took them to state. Debouf is a great young coach. Prospect made an outstanding hire.

Pearlman was never going to be winning state at Wheeling but to get them to the playoffs says a lot. Put him at Hoffman and I'm sure he does the same as Donatucci did. It will be interesting to see if Heyse can continue what Donatucci set him up with.

Stortz I'm not as sold on. I think he won a lot of games because of some great talent and Proffit's defense.

You know in reality, for all their wins back then, Donatucci never got Fremd to a semi-finals. Heyse did that in his first year at HE and Splitt did it in 2 of his 4 years at the helm at Palatine.

As for Pearlman, I think if Fremd has another season like this past one, he'll wind up at the helm there(which I as an unabashed Palatine fan do not like..).

You know in reality, for all their wins back then, Donatucci never got Fremd to a semi-finals. Heyse did that in his first year at HE and Splitt did it in 2 of his 4 years at the helm at Palatine.

As for Pearlman, I think if Fremd has another season like this past one, he'll wind up at the helm there(which I as an unabashed Palatine fan do not like..).
Donatucci never got Fremd to a semifinal but it’s not like he lost to some bad teams. He got there in 96(don’t remember who he lost to), 2006(lost to a good York team), 2007(lost to eventual finalist glenbard north), 2009(lost to eventual finalist Marist). They may not have made a semifinal but they ran the MSL west for a long time. It’s not easy to make a semifinal.

Donatucci is one of the best around. No one thought he would do what he did at Hoffman and look at what happened.

Fremd will never hire Pearlman btw.

Donatucci never got Fremd to a semifinal but it’s not like he lost to some bad teams. He got there in 96(don’t remember who he lost to), 2006(lost to a good York team), 2007(lost to eventual finalist glenbard north), 2009(lost to eventual finalist Marist). They may not have made a semifinal but they ran the MSL west for a long time. It’s not easy to make a semifinal.

Donatucci is one of the best around. No one thought he would do what he did at Hoffman and look at what happened.

Oh, no disrespect to Donatucci, moreso I was thinking his stepping down at HE was odd because he had such a good team returning. Heyse has stepped into a strong program thanks to Donatucci, and I think everyone thought they had the potential to get as far as they did last year and why would he step down before that big year?

Why do you think Fremd would never make Pearlman HC? He's already DC there and given his track record in a good socio-economic situation at Prospect, it seems he'd be a natural fit at Fremd.

‘96 they lost to Stevenson in the quarter finals.

Oh, no disrespect to Donatucci, moreso I was thinking his stepping down at HE was odd because he had such a good team returning. Heyse has stepped into a strong program thanks to Donatucci, and I think everyone thought they had the potential to get as far as they did last year and why would he step down before that big year?

Why do you think Fremd would never make Pearlman HC? He's already DC there and given his track record in a good socio-economic situation at Prospect, it seems he'd be a natural fit at Fremd.
Donatucci was forced out at Hoffman. Not his choice.
Also, fremd would never hire pearlman because the district won’t hire guys that are close to retirement. Hoffman hiring donatucci was an anomaly and they definitely won’t do that again.

Sponsel is fine. Rough year last year but he’s done a good job other than that. All programs have their ups and downs.

Donatucci was forced out at Hoffman. Not his choice.
Also, fremd would never hire pearlman because the district won’t hire guys that are close to retirement. Hoffman hiring donatucci was an anomaly and they definitely won’t do that again.

Sponsel is fine. Rough year last year but he’s done a good job other than that. All programs have their ups and downs.

Pearlman was class of '85 at Buffalo Grove, which would put him at 50 or 51 years old though..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT