ADVERTISEMENT

Best Job Currently Open ?

Argo is by far the best paying job open.
Nobody wants to Coach there unless it's someone from Argo who is there now.I've been to other schools where guys would give up their first born to get a Head Coaching job in Football.When Argo is mentioned it is a he double hockey sticks no!!! Don't care who I make mad but Innis lasted there for years with a horrible record.Why? Nobody else would come there.I went to games there as stated before where I would speak to parents and not just 1,2 or 5 of great sophistication football players who would say they weren't going to play for him and did not speak kindly of him.But now that he is gone the numbers remain down still as does the beatings.I talked with a nice young man who transferred to Richards from Argo a few years ago.He said he learned more football in 3 weeks at Richards than he did 3 years at Argo.Big school I wonder why the issues of getting kids out for football there which goes way back to the early 80's.Innis gets credit for taking the Argonauts to the playoffs in 98,01,13 going to round 2 in 13.However his teams in 95,96,97 as well as 02,04,05,07,08,10 should have easily made the playoffs.Don't know the situation.I don't think any of the Rebels kids are going to Laurence,Rita,Marist,Rice,Naz,Fenwick.Or are they?

Reactions: RichieRebel
Well apparently Argo.

Argo can be competitive relative to their class and conference. They have kids walking around the hallways that could play but have chosen not to for a variety of reasons.

I would say Stagg is the toughest right now relative to the conference they are currently in.

Argo can be competitive relative to their class and conference. They have kids walking around the hallways that could play but have chosen not to for a variety of reasons.

I would say Stagg is the toughest right now relative to the conference they are currently in.
This is actually interesting....this thread. I know nothing about Stagg...or many other schools...enlightening...any others?

Clown,

I'd imagine that WWS would be a pretty good gig and for the life of me I can't understand why it's not open after the results of the past several seasons.
Pretty sure the coach there will be allowed to step down whenever he wants to. There's been rumors for the last 5+ years that next year is his last year, just hasn't happened yet.

Which would you rather have?
1. A building full of talent that lacks administrative support and has fickle parents.
2. A building that lacks talent that has support from administration and parents.

Pretty sure the coach there will be allowed to step down whenever he wants to. There's been rumors for the last 5+ years that next year is his last year, just hasn't happened yet.

Try the last 15 years but the he has been retired from teaching for 4 years now. There have been a couple of attempts to put the next head coach in the building but nothing has happened yet.

I really can’t see him staying more then another year or two but WWS is starting to get an influx of talent they haven’t had for 5 or 6 years so it’s going to be tough for him to leave when he see what’s coming up.

Try the last 15 years but the he has been retired from teaching for 4 years now. There have been a couple of attempts to put the next head coach in the building but nothing has happened yet.

I really can’t see him staying more then another year or two but WWS is starting to get an influx of talent they haven’t had for 5 or 6 years so it’s going to be tough for him to leave when he see what’s coming up.

Haven't we been hearing this for the last 2-3 years?

Haven't we been hearing this for the last 2-3 years?

Which part? Every year he tells people he thinks it’s his last only to come back but I think a few things have changed that I can’t see him staying much longer.

As for the talent at the school it has been down for the last few years but the younger classes are much deeper and talented then what they have had for the last 3-4 years.

Clown,

Honestly both issues have been discussed back and forth for several years as I'm remembering.

Which part? Every year he tells people he thinks it’s his last only to come back but I think a few things have changed that I can’t see him staying much longer.

As for the talent at the school it has been down for the last few years but the younger classes are much deeper and talented then what they have had for the last 3-4 years.

A probably the toughest job is Stagg in the SWSC.
Because of their enrollment #Tough to compete in the league

Agreed, Argo should be able to compete in that conference to be at least .500

Stagg is in a tough spot.
2500 kids in the school with limited talent.
Tough conference for football based on population.
other programs at Stagg can compete in other sports because you only need a few players.
Football needs 12-15 players to be competitive, and they haven't had those players for years.

Second issue is the communities Stagg serves, Palos Hills and Hickory Hills.
People that used to live in those communities are now living in place like Darien, Orland, or Lockport. The old-school, hard nosed kids that used to be in Hickory and Palos are not present anymore.

Reactions: Blondie5
I think there is no doubt that the worst job out there is East Aurora. Low-income, low athletic enrollment, and they don't even have school buses!

A probably the toughest job is Stagg in the SWSC.
Because of their enrollment #Tough to compete in the league

Agreed, Argo should be able to compete in that conference to be at least .500

Stagg is in a tough spot.
2500 kids in the school with limited talent.
Tough conference for football based on population.
other programs at Stagg can compete in other sports because you only need a few players.
Football needs 12-15 players to be competitive, and they haven't had those players for years.

Second issue is the communities Stagg serves, Palos Hills and Hickory Hills.
People that used to live in those communities are now living in place like Darien, Orland, or Lockport. The old-school, hard nosed kids that used to be in Hickory and Palos are not present anymore.
Amazing that a school with 2500 students can't come up with 22 that are good at football

Amazing that a school with 2500 students can't come up with 22 that are good at football

Quantity does not = players.

Also, constant losing breeds players not interested in playing FB or attending there. There are not many multi-sport guys at Stagg.
No school is more affected by privates than Stagg. Limited players in district already, then some get pilfered to privates. not a plan for success.

Reactions: Blondie5
I would think DGN. Great community. Sophomore team was very solid so you can start building your program.

I disagree, and so would Evergreen Park High School!
Agreed about EP, but EP can be .500 with the schools in its conference while losing those players.
Stagg has no chance to finish .500 in its conference losing those same players.

Agreed about EP, but EP can be .500 with the schools in its conference while losing those players.
Stagg has no chance to finish .500 in its conference losing those same players.
Stagg went 2-4 inside its SWSC schedule and did not even play LWE & 'Brook, then 2-1 non-con for the 4-5 finish.
EP went 1-5 in the SSC Red and lost its Blue Division cross-over after 2 opening wins non-con vs CPS teams.

Stagg went 2-4 inside its SWSC schedule and did not even play LWE & 'Brook, then 2-1 non-con for the 4-5 finish.
EP went 1-5 in the SSC Red and lost its Blue Division cross-over after 2 opening wins non-con vs CPS teams.

EP also has recent Semi and Quarter final appearances. But yes they have been down the past couple seasons.

Reactions: mullin17
EP also has recent Semi and Quarter final appearances. But yes they have been down the past couple seasons.
EP enrollment less than half of every school in their Red division of the SSC except Richards, who still has 700+ more students. They should switch to the Blue side and send TF South over with their 1740 enrollment.

EP enrollment less than half of every school in their Red division of the SSC except Richards, who still has 700+ more students. They should switch to the Blue side and send TF South over with their 1740 enrollment.

That conference is setup by district/geography and has been one of the most stable conferences in the Chicagoland area over the past decade.

From a football standpoint the Blue is almost always better than the Red in crossover match ups and was 5-2 this year. Sending EP to the other side does not help them.

In the other thread i think you said MC had 650 students of which 500 could care less about football. If Bolingbrook were to have similar participation we'd have 400 football players. Food for thought.

(edited to account for half of the enrollment not playing football)

This.

In the other thread i think you said MC had 650 students of which 500 could care less about football. If Bolingbrook were to have similar participation we'd have 400 football players. Food for thought.

(edited to account for half of the enrollment not playing football)

This year you are correct. This year they tried to level the playing field schedule-wise.
In past years, Stagg never played TW or TR, their two conference wins.
What about the last 5 years before that when they went 0-for in the conference, except when Joliet Central was there?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT