ADVERTISEMENT

Best High School Football Stadium

chatham glenwood is the nicest grass field i've been on.

marion's field and facility is very nice.

the coolest stadium i've been in-and no one has mentioned-is rock island's. it drips of old school memories.

i'm also a little partial to ken leonard field. very, very nice. i've never eaten there, but everyone raves about the food and huge menu.
Rocky Stadium was in my Top 5 state wide....

Reactions: markmacaluso
the turf sucks. and i've never experienced a such a 'wind tunnel'.
I remember that 2011 JC vs SHG game. Coin toss and wind decided the game. I believe it was 28 to 0 after one quarter solely because SHG was going into wind.

special teams pinned them deep a few times and it was all over. But that wind was as vicious as I’ve ever seen in that stadium.

I remember that 2011 JC vs SHG game. Coin toss and wind decided the game. I believe it was 28 to 0 after one quarter solely because SHG was going into wind.

special teams pinned them deep a few times and it was all over. But that wind was as vicious as I’ve ever seen in that stadium.
i can also remember you kicking high into the wind, my kor team dropped back to return the ball and the ball fell straight down around our 45 and jca recovered it. it was like a duck shot out of the air.

Have to agree with Edgy and Net-Se...

My visit to Rock Island in 2018 was impressive. Google Map that stadium and choose satellite view and zoom in. It's something to behold. Reminds me of football's glory days before I was born but not in a bad way.

Reactions: Gene K.
Have to agree with Edgy and Net-Se...

My visit to Rock Island in 2018 was impressive. Google Map that stadium and choose satellite view and zoom in. It's something to behold. Reminds me of football's glory days before I was born but not in a bad way.
Where have you been? I miss your input. Hope you are doing well!

Where have you been? I miss your input. Hope you are doing well!

Doing great Gene. Been working from home for the past 2 months. At first I loved it but now it’s getting old. Never thought I would miss going into the office. It’s weird because every day has become the same as the day before it. I can’t tell what day of the week it is anymore. Still counting my blessings that everyone I know is healthy and looking forward to things returning to some sense of normalcy.

How bout you buddy? Hanging in there?

Doing great Gene. Been working from home for the past 2 months. At first I loved it but now it’s getting old. Never thought I would miss going into the office. It’s weird because every day has become the same as the day before it. I can’t tell what day of the week it is anymore. Still counting my blessings that everyone I know is healthy and looking forward to things returning to some sense of normalcy.

How bout you buddy? Hanging in there?
Glad to hear you doing okay! I'm doing okay. Being retired, nothing much has changed for the most part. The staying home gets to me so I take rides to the post office or to pick up some carry out food from restaurants. Kinda like the ground hog day movie in a way, same old, same old. Is your son thru with HS football?

Glad to hear you doing okay! I'm doing okay. Being retired, nothing much has changed for the most part. The staying home gets to me so I take rides to the post office or to pick up some carry out food from restaurants. Kinda like the ground hog day movie in a way, same old, same old. Is your son thru with HS football?

yep. My youngest graduated high school last year. He just finished his freshman year of college at Illinois State. The last 1/2 semester for him was at home doing classes online. He’s dying to get back to campus. I don’t blame him.

I know what you mean about Groundhog Day. That’s a perfect description.

Reactions: Gene K.
i can also remember you kicking high into the wind, my kor team dropped back to return the ball and the ball fell straight down around our 45 and jca recovered it. it was like a duck shot out of the air.

Just for kicks:

Moline has a nice grass field and atmosphere, they definitely honor all their seniors (in the school) on senior night.
A fellow Sica lover.Sandburg used to play Moline some.Then I think a bunch of the old Sica South schools did

Reavis is nice but back in it’s glory days it was something else
Reavis (and Sandburg) from the Southwest Suburban Conference actually played Friday night football back in the 1960s which was relatively uncommon at that "early" time.

Moline has a nice grass field and atmosphere, they definitely honor all their seniors (in the school) on senior night.

Of the 8 schools in the Western Big Six, Moline's stadium ranks #8 and is also the only one without field turf.

EZBtxWtWoAAYmfe

St Pats at Lane Tech, 1971

This is the quintessential CPS football experience. No one has a home stadium. Fans AND Players are searched and wanded before games. CPS Security standing directly on the sidelines next to coaches and among the teams. CPS security kicking teams out of locker rooms and fans out of stands IMMEDIATELY after games so the next game can start...

All this, and yet there is nothing quite like a 3:45 pm Thursday or a 9 am Saturday start in a CPS game. Bring on the fall!

I really miss the old week 9 Wednesday at 3:30 starts, those were even more CPS then the Thursday games. Think I’m going to try to make a Thursday 3:45 start every week! I’m a lock if there’s a double header

Reactions: GhostOfTheGhhost
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT