ADVERTISEMENT

Belskis steps down at Minooka

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Minooka Hall of Fame head coach John Belskis tuned in his resignation on Wednesday and told the team on Wednesday night he was stepping away from the Indians football program.

"I've had a lot of fun over these three past seasons in Minooka. We worked with a lot of great kids and coaches. I just hope they are able to keep the program moving in a positive direction."

Belskis, who along with Hall of Fame coach Terry McCombs arrived in 2017 and led the Minooka football program to three straight IHSA state playoff appearances. McCombs was the Indians head coach in 2017 then stepped aside from the head coaching position. McCombs then served under Belskis in 2018 and 2019. The Minooka program under Belskis and McCombs posted a 27-7 record.

Edgy, is this a surprise or did you see this coming? Any idea on potential replacements?

Everyone I talked to loved Belskis, I wonder if this will affect the morale of the kids. Was his goal just something short term, or did he have some type of external factors in his resignation.

Again I’ve had issues with some specific coaches getting very tired of seeing their names attached to every open job Jokingly or not....so when those names keep getting dragged into something you have zero knowledge on...those post will disappear with zero explanation

Reactions: Gene K.
Again I’ve had issues with some specific coaches getting very tired of seeing their names attached to every open job Jokingly or not....so when those names keep getting dragged into something you have zero knowledge on...those post will disappear with zero explanation
Matt Nagy to Minooka?

After reading a different article about his retirement. I predict he will be back in the SPC close to home for the 2021 season.

Reactions: USD24
No surprise at all they both (Terry Mccombs and john) gave Minooka a 3 year agreement so...I’m guessing we will see john coaching closer to his home eventually

my early guess is DC Matt Harding is the clubhouse leader
Wow I didn't know Harding was the DC. I knew he coached there. I play softball with that maniac.

Reactions: SMC34
I played for Bob, 1 year after he left Yorkville and a year before he left for Rockton Hononegah. Don coached us as well. Good guy, remember that Redman tucked away in his cheek.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT