ADVERTISEMENT

Beast vs Six Flags

sporthog9er

Jun 9, 2001
The matchup people have wanted to see. East offense scoring on the vaunted D? Warren's offensive vs an also good East D? Where does Dom for East kicking change the game if at all?

With all things being equal and results of previous few games.... I'd say Warren -3 to start

All day Saturday looks like an incredible lineup of great games with veteran Finals teams. Have we had a single day of four games with this much recent Championship experience?

Reactions: epicbret
I’m just happy we are there. See everyone Saturday
Happy for Coach Bryan McNulty a former Naperville Central Redhawk!...BTW Newt...The North Suburban celebrated it's 70th anniversary (established 1948) last season...Warren was one of the seven charter members...can you name the other six schools?

I won't be leaving my couch Saturday. Will have two TVs going--one with college games and one with high school championships.

And a lot of whiskey. And leftover turkey sandwiches.

I won't be leaving my couch Saturday. Will have two TVs going--one with college games and one with high school championships.

It truly is a great day, and these are some of the best match ups I can recall in awhile. Looking forward to it as well.

If I’m the Beast, the way I’d attack Warren is the 3 step drop and BAM, quick hitters. LWE is so capable of this as they have possession receivers. Their slobber knockers can utilize and control the run game then.

The Beast D will be able to hold their own against Warren’s offense but the biggest difference is the trenches where The Beast will be able to sustain blocks and use the passing game to their advantage.

Warren’s d is pressure from the edges, their edge ends are superb. You need to neutralize that, you do your successful. That’s why I say a quick drop and hot read.

Reactions: Solid Snake Pliskin

VERY tempting, but my son wants to go see his old team play, and my girl is cheering. For my son, the last of the guys he played with are on this team, so I get it. If not for that, I would stay home!

Reactions: ESCC fan
With all things being equal and results of previous few games.... I'd say Warren -3 to start
I don’t think you’re crazy with that line. The Beast is still the Beast. But, Warren last night looked every bit as much of a Beast. Historically speaking though, I think the Beast gives 3.

Pretty evenly matched teams. Warren has a AJ Henning his name is Christian Phillips (CP) both are explosive. Both can run wild cat, play wr, and rb. Plus warren has a quick slot name Luther Thompson and big physical RB Derrick McLaughlin + a solid OL. Both teams can get after you with thier front 4 (running up the middle on the best DT in Illinois - Singleton will not happen). Warren has big, fast physical, LB's (college abilities + lock down corners and a nasty safety (turner, yes relative of turner the burner) with range (3 year starter that captains the secondary. My money is that both coaches will scheme to take a way the teams explosive players (AJ and CP). This may come down special teams and other key players stepping up. I see a 3 or 7 point gane. Neither team is sexy ... just blue collar. It will not be a lot throwing the ball around. Home of six flags !

I wish... NW. @ Illinois drive to Dekalb and freeze my nads off.

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
If it comes down to the kicking game I’ll take Dzioban and LWE

I listened to the game ... via NFHS as I drove.
Kept thinking, why don’t/can’t they get AJ the ball in any meaningful way.

Then he had a bi QB play - and a short while later, “Lined up in the slot, pitch to Henning ...” Went 60 or something.

They are a legit team - and I’ve seen Warren’s D. Might be a one slip-up type thing.

3-0 LWE.

Reactions: TigerforFlyers
It's amazing that between these two teams and the talent, many of us are talking about the kicking game (and rightfully so, both have great special teams). Just goes to show you how even and tough this game could end up being. Love it!

Only down side of when MC plays
in State is that I can’t do the same. My favorite weekend of the year to hit the recliner with good beer, turkey sandwich and great high school and college football. I put in request for this Saturday off ever year even if MC is out of it.

In this game and matching up strengths. I am taking the team who has BEEN THERE BEFORE.

LWE with a low scoring win

Reactions: Iamjaytee
Saw them both against Bolingbrook (TV and NFHS). I'd have to give the edge to LWE. Both defenses stopped the Bolingbrook offense. Warren couldn't really muster any offense and I think Bolingbrook had two starters out. I think we'll see a lot of punts, but in the end

17-3 East

Reactions: Iamjaytee
Saw them both against Bolingbrook (TV and NFHS). I'd have to give the edge to LWE. Both defenses stopped the Bolingbrook offense. Warren couldn't really muster any offense and I think Bolingbrook had two starters out. I think we'll see a lot of punts, but in the end

17-3 East

Well based on this Warren wins. Week 1 LWE beat Stevenson 30-7. Week 8 at Stevenson Warren gave up, 7 yards.

Oh and I guess Bolingbrook was missing offensive starters too since all they could muster was 6 points and 79 total yards

Guwss my point is past results arent a good comparison of future outcomes

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT