ADVERTISEMENT

Bears

Who was happy with the OL signings? They screamed "meh." Jenkins has been the big disappointment, but the overrating of Jones at LT was the real backbreaker. Hopefully Amegadgie works out when he gets healthy
Poles didn't draft Jenkins and you can hate Jones but he was one of the top rated tackles last year.

Fields about to be 3-0. Could have kept him and drafted Harrison #1 and OL at #9.
Fields sucks he is going no where fast. Say what you want right now, I still believe Caleb Williams will be the best QB in the history of the Bears unless he get injured. Play calling has to improve as does the run game. Growing pains for Caleb but he definitely has all the tools.

Fields sucks he is going no where fast. Say what you want right now, I still believe Caleb Williams will be the best QB in the history of the Bears unless he get injured. Play calling has to improve as does the run game. Growing pains for Caleb but he definitely has all the tools.
Again, you are what your record says you are and Fields is 3-0.

Poles didn't draft Jenkins and you can hate Jones but he was one of the top rated tackles last year.
By PFF which is hot trash. I don't give a crap who he didn't draft, you have to address team issues. If this was year 1, fine. Year 2, ok. Year 3, not doing enough

He is hot trash. Isn’t this year 4 for him? We know what he is.
25-32 for 245 yards and a TD with a rushing TD. I'll take that over 3 turnovers.

Yes, he's in year 4 so he's got experience. Now if you had paired him with Harrison and a top 10 OL, gee that may been a recipe for success.

Oh and he's 7-2 in his last 9 starts.

25-32 for 245 yards and a TD with a rushing TD. I'll take that over 3 turnovers.

Yes, he's in year 4 so he's got experience. Now if you had paired him with Harrison and a top 10 OL, gee that may been a recipe for success.

Oh and he's 7-2 in his last 9 starts.
if your banking on Fields to be you franchise QB have fun with that, I will watch Caleb improve each week as the play calling, run game improve. I don’t know with this OL but it’s the cards we have this year.

if your banking on Fields to be you franchise QB have fun with that, I will watch Caleb improve each week as the play calling, run game improve. I don’t know with this OL but it’s the cards we have this year.
Thr run game has regressed every game so far this year. Label him franchise or whatever the hell you want I just want wins. I don't care if a QB throws for 4,000 yards and 30 TDs wins is all I care about.

Caleb made some mistakes, but this is more crappy play calling and a weak O line.
I thought Eberflus did a good job the first two weeks, especially game 1, but today his time out management was crappy.

Reactions: corey90
Caleb made some mistakes, but this is more crappy play calling and a weak O line.
I thought Eberflus did a good job the first two weeks, especially game 1, but today his time out management was crappy.
Love how just casually say he made mistakes like it was nothing.

A Bears QB throwing 52 times is never a recipe for success. They needed to stick with the run game. Look what happened when Indy did that, they ripped off big runs late in the game. A solid run game is a rookie QBs best friend.

A Bears QB throwing 52 times is never a recipe for success. They needed to stick with the run game. Look what happened when Indy did that, they ripped off big runs late in the game. A solid run game is a rookie QBs best friend.
So you agree with my week 1 assessment now?

Takeaways from today:

Williams is comfortable in two reads - what he did on the two TD drives

Roschon Johnson is your very down back

Pryor, though shaky at times is better than Davis

Braxton Jones shouldn’t see the field any longer

Someone needs to explain time management 101 to Flus

The defense is still good

Odunze is good

They miss Allen.

I think we need to run Johnson more. Swift hasn’t impressed with 1.2 yard average in this game

Which was what? What did I say in disagreement? I've always been in favor of establishing a good running game.
I said we weren't leaning on the run game enough, and you said the pass attempts to run attempts were *almost* the same (at the end of the game) that they were balanced

I think we need to run Johnson more. Swift hasn’t impressed with 1.2 yard average in this game
Here's what I texted some people a little before that goal line fiasco "Swift is the wrong back in this game for between the tackles. Herbert and Johnson need more touches"

Reactions: corey90
I said we weren't leaning on the run game enough, and you said the pass attempts to run attempts were *almost* the same (at the end of the game) that they were balanced
Yes, I like balanced. 52 passes to 28 runs is not balanced.

It's also not balanced if you wait until the last two series to run the ball for time purposes 🤷‍♂️

Braxton Jones shouldn’t see the field any longer
Agreed. And that’s squarely on Poles. How long does it take to see a guy can’t play.? He’s not a starting LT. He couldn’t anchor when he got here, and he still can’t. He consistently gets pushed into the QB.

Jones was 31 and Wright was 32 ranked tackles in the NFL last year.
Convenient of you to leave out the assessment that went along with those rankings. Here's what they had to say.

31. Braxton Jones, Chicago Bears

A fifth-round pick out of Southern Utah in 2022, Jones proved in 2023 that his impressive rookie season was not a fluke. Although he was slowed down by an injury and had a bit of a decline from his 2022 season, he is still one of 24 offensive tackles to have earned pass-blocking grades over 70.0 in each of the last two seasons.

32. Darnell Wright, Chicago Bears

The only second-year player on this list, Wright's 66.0 run-blocking grade ranked first among his rookie class. In addition, he was also promising in pass protection toward the second half of the season after going through some growing pains in the first month. After giving up one sack in each of his first five games in the NFL, the former Tennessee Volunteer allowed just three sacks in his final 12 games.

Runs for over 1,000 yards and has never been below 4 yards per carry in a season. Also had 40 catches last year.
1.5 yards total Johnson 3.8 yards. Let’s face it the running game is killing us and the also falls on the OL. The Bears run defense was a little suspect allowing 125 yards to Taylor especially since Richardson is going to scare anyone with passing the ball.

1.5 yards total Johnson 3.8 yards. Let’s face it the running game is killing us and the also falls on the OL. The Bears run defense was a little suspect allowing 125 yards to Taylor especially since Richardson is going to scare anyone with passing the ball.
And you know why Taylor ended up with so many yards? The Colts didn't abandon the run game, they wore the Bears D line down and the Bears gave up on the run game.

And you know why Taylor ended up with so many yards? The Colts didn't abandon the run game, they wore the Bears D line down and the Bears gave up on the run game.
Tell that to our coach. I thought for sure we were going to establish the run this game but the play calling as been atrocious.

Runs for over 1,000 yards and has never been below 4 yards per carry in a season. Also had 40 catches last year.
And so far this year he has been awful - line or not. Johnson was the hit back today and was getting yards after contact. Appreciate the historical references but it doesn’t mean anything when someone is clearly playing better than him.

And so far this year he has been awful - line or not. Johnson was the hit back today and was getting yards after contact. Appreciate the historical references but it doesn’t mean anything when someone is clearly playing better than him.
Way to use a good sample size. First game Johnsons played this year. Let's see what he can do beyond 8 carries. Don't forget at least one of those decent gains was at the end when Indy was in prevent defense.

No doubt.
The run game has been awful, and without that, it’s a consistent recipe for disaster.
My take on Caleb was, yes, he made some rookie mistakes, but just as it ever was, there are problems that go beyond QB play. The play calling at the goal line was atrocious.

Reactions: corey90 and 4Afan
Way to use a good sample size. First game Johnsons played this year. Let's see what he can do beyond 8 carries. Don't forget at least one of those decent gains was at the end when Indy was in prevent defense.
Way to use a sample size. Johnson was better than swift today. The offense needs a spark at running back. Johnson provided that when he was in the game today.

It’s window dressing for a pitiful offense

Way to use a sample size. Johnson was better than swift today. The offense needs a spark at running back. Johnson provided that when he was in the game today.

It’s window dressing for a pitiful offense
I was glad to see him in because I think he's a good back, but 30 yards in a game is not providing a spark.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT