ADVERTISEMENT

Hero to Goat

I think if anything those of us that love and have coached or played high school football can relate. Sometimes you get a game that just goes bad the entire night, and a lot of times in the high school game that comes at unexpected times.

My poster handle obviously indicates my disappointment tonight, but as a high school football fan you tip your hat to Buffalo for coming in and getting the win. It’s why the MAC in my opinion is an absolute awesome college football conference to follow especially as we get more into NIL and the College Football Playoff. I’m not opposed to any of it necessarily though I’d love to go back in a time machine, but if anything a classic game in the MAC conference on a Saturday in September shows what makes college football so great and high school football even more so. The big time games are awesome like we saw today with USC and Michigan, but fortunately college football is big enough to give us compelling games like Buffalo and NIU today as well as whenever the service academies play.

Plus my Irish and Alma Mater NIU are going to get their rematch anyways in the new College Football Playoff when they both run the table and finish 11-1.🙂

Reactions: epicbret
I think NIU’s win against ND had significantly more to do with ND not showing up to play more so than NIU’s performance.

NIU first td was a fluke play that went 83 yards.

NIU isn’t a top 25 team and will probably have 2-3 losses in the MAC this year.

Reactions: PowerI66
I think NIU’s win against ND had significantly more to do with ND not showing up to play more so than NIU’s performance.

NIU first td was a fluke play that went 83 yards.

NIU isn’t a top 25 team and will probably have 2-3 losses in the MAC this year.
Agreed
NIU losing to Buffalo is telling.

I was out there yesterday and they had such an opportunity and blew it. I've never seen that place so packed. East grandstand was full and on the west side we were packed in like sardines. They've had attendance issues at games post pandemic ( I had season tickets before but haven't since myself), and that could have gotten so many alumni enthused, but they blew it.

Reactions: whitesox05
The shame of it was that they statistically completely dominated the game. They outgained Buffalo 2 to 1 (it was like 360 yards to 180) and first downs were like 24 to 9... but they kicked field goals in the red zone and turned the ball over and got what they deserved.

Still think NIU is a good football team this year. Are they great? No... we'll see how they do at NC State.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT