ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone help here? Hanson Stadium?

I was thinking the same thing Tim.Watched that crazy punt live in the high school playoffs there.Area used to be nice but is sketchy now

I was told by a college classmate's dad that Hanson would be packed after the war for HS football Standing room only. When lights were added, the crowds swelled further. Austin and Weber had some great teams back then.

Reactions: lookoutforliam
I was over by Hanson buying some ammo (don't @ me Karens) and was able to take a few pics for all of you.
Track was resurfaced a couple of years ago, keeping it at 440 yards with a straight 200. Also, they were able to preserve the original AstroTurf.

m2umeip.jpg

swJ3jyn.jpg
oLPAlY9.jpg
7nq68ru.jpg
s8TlkBI.jpg
X9LdMQV.jpg
626Q7de.jpg

There were plans in place to resurface the field but obviously that has not happened yet

I was over by Hanson buying some ammo (don't @ me Karens) and was able to take a few pics for all of you.
Track was resurfaced a couple of years ago, keeping it at 440 yards with a straight 200. Also, they were able to preserve the original AstroTurf.

m2umeip.jpg

swJ3jyn.jpg
oLPAlY9.jpg
7nq68ru.jpg
s8TlkBI.jpg
X9LdMQV.jpg
626Q7de.jpg
Were you meeting up with Crusader of 90’s guy?

Reactions: ignazio and Gene K.
I don't think CPS has even held any games there the past two seasons. I know St. Patrick moved its home contests to Triton College starting with the 2018 season. The Park District has to get rid of that blasted Astroturf, plain and simple.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT