ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else thrown off by the Spring Season?

McCaravan

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2016
Normally when a season ends we have 10 months to wait, now we have 10 weeks till kickoff, I haven’t wrapped my head around it yet that the season is fast approaching

Normally when a season ends we have 10 months to wait, now we have 10 weeks till kickoff, I haven’t wrapped my head around it yet that the season is fast approaching
I am becoming curious about the consistency from stadium to stadium regarding entry protocol. Specifically, I would be disappointed to see a proliferation of online/on-phone ticketing in advance or a reservation system.

I am becoming curious about the consistency from stadium to stadium regarding entry protocol. Specifically, I would be disappointed to see a proliferation of online/on-phone ticketing in advance or a reservation system.
Troha said on a recent Kerr podcast they are anticipating a lot of vaccination proof requirements for schools to attend football. Schools will have hard time determining who is vaccinated or not, so they may go the route of requiring proof to eliminate any doubt.

Don't agree with it, think it's dumb, but it is something he specifically talked about. This was a few weeks ago. I could see the online ordering stay the same if ISBE/IDPH don't change anything and act like we are in phase 3 still (which wouldn't shock me).

If we’re stage 5 as of today, why wouldn’t that be back to normal?
Because in phase 5 he said schools have to mask up and follow ISBE and IDPH separate guidance (still follow sports risk policies, masking, etc). Basically phase 5 got rid of capacity limits, but it changed nothing for schools rules

Because in phase 5 he said schools have to mask up and follow ISBE and IDPH separate guidance (still follow sports risk policies, masking, etc). Basically phase 5 got rid of capacity limits, but it changed nothing for schools rules
Hmm. I gotta think The Guv will reconsider that. Too much euphoria today with this reopening and people will not understand nor be happy.

Hmm. I gotta think The Guv will reconsider that. Too much euphoria today with this reopening and people will not understand nor be happy.
Totally agree. Will be nuts in August after a maskless summer trying to get everyone wearing them again. Sadly, I don't think he cares. If anybody watches the June 10 IDPH/ISBE webinar on YouTube showing the testing plans for the fall, you'll see this ain't changing.

Troha said on a recent Kerr podcast they are anticipating a lot of vaccination proof requirements for schools to attend football. Schools will have hard time determining who is vaccinated or not, so they may go the route of requiring proof to eliminate any doubt.

Don't agree with it, think it's dumb, but it is something he specifically talked about. This was a few weeks ago. I could see the online ordering stay the same if ISBE/IDPH don't change anything and act like we are in phase 3 still (which wouldn't shock me).

No one will be checking for vaccination cards. Not worth the effort. Very few people care at this point.

I'm participating in an outdoor stair climb at Soldier Field next week, a substitute for the Hancock building. Masks, distancing, and proof are all required.

Last edited:
I'm participating in an outdoor stair climb at Soldier Field next week, a substitute for the Hancock building. Masks, distancing, and proof are all required.
I doubt it will be enforced. They were announcing outside the White Sox game that masks must be worn but once you got to the gate they didn’t care if you had one on or not only in the stores

HF restricting capacity today for sectional baseball game. Like I said when it comes to schools we are going to see much different adherence then the rest of society. All because of IDPH and ISBE.

Not at all. Happy for the quick turnaround time. Ready for a new season. With the news today.....of the phase 5 I am expecting full bleachers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT