ADVERTISEMENT

Any new teams in 2018?

superac777

Aug 28, 2006
Do we have any new schools other than the yet unnamed school opening in Englewood(Robeson,Team Englewood,John Hope,Harper all combining into 1) that are starting football in 2018? I wish Southland Prep,Illiana Christian & Beecher would get football going.

Christ the King 5000 w Jackson in Chicago had a JV team this year. Was told they would look to play some varsity games next year

Reactions: superac777
Still surprised Timothy Christian in ELMHURST has never fielded a team. They are very well healed financially and larger enrollment than IC.

Do we have any new schools other than the yet unnamed school opening in Englewood(Robeson,Team Englewood,John Hope,Harper all combining into 1) that are starting football in 2018? I wish Southland Prep,Illiana Christian & Beecher would get football going.
FORGET ABOUT IT.
Everyone with a pulse will at Phillips regardless of where they live.

Still surprised Timothy Christian in ELMHURST has never fielded a team. They are very well healed financially and larger enrollment than IC.
Angry Dave can head it up & take some disgruntled York players with him.Instant success!

Reactions: Cat Box
I heard that the Brother Rice JV team will be playing a Varsity schedule in 2018 and will be joining the CCL Blue to become that long sought after 6th team in 2019.

Beecher is an interesting community. BHS grew from low 200's enrollment to the upper 300's, and has shrunk back to the 330's. They built a school addition 10-12 years ago with a modern gym (and the strangest bleacher setup I've ever seen). A nice weight room was part of the addition; hopefully the locker rooms are adequate. They coop wrestling with/at Grant Park; neither had wrestling on their own...

Coop opportunities with existing programs are unlikely, as I don't see Peotone, Manteno or Momence wanting to be bumped up a class or two...Crete Monee?

There is no tackle youth program that I can find. Village Rec program has flag football & cheerleading.

They have no track or stadium facility in town. Their soccer field has no significant bleachers or improvements. They would need a significant financial investment for football...

The Manteno approach would be a logical route. Manteno's Booster club harassed the school board to build the track (after an addition at the junior high paved over the west end of the cinder track). Track was built in '95. Boosters fenced it, sodded it.

Manteno & Peotone tried cooping football starting in fall '91. Only lasted like four years. Parents approached the board about football, were told they needed to start a youth program and show it would be viable (school board did same thing to soccer in late 80's). Youth football started in '97. First major additions to school in '98ish included a "fieldhouse", which included a football appropriate locker room & major weight room facility. School approved football for 2001...JV schedule only, played mostly sophomore games & 3 road varsity games for desperate teams who needed games. 2002 first varsity season, I-8 member with constraints - required to have bleachers & lights within 2 years. Ed Foundation undertook major fundraiser for bleachers & lights. School board put bleachers up with promise of fundraiser reimbursing them; bleachers in place for start of school 2002. Ed foundation was determined to play under the lights that year...paid for the lights prior to reimbursing for the bleachers; last game Friday Night Lights!

Beecher is an interesting community. BHS grew from low 200's enrollment to the upper 300's, and has shrunk back to the 330's. They built a school addition 10-12 years ago with a modern gym (and the strangest bleacher setup I've ever seen). A nice weight room was part of the addition; hopefully the locker rooms are adequate. They coop wrestling with/at Grant Park; neither had wrestling on their own...

Coop opportunities with existing programs are unlikely, as I don't see Peotone, Manteno or Momence wanting to be bumped up a class or two...Crete Monee?

There is no tackle youth program that I can find. Village Rec program has flag football & cheerleading.

They have no track or stadium facility in town. Their soccer field has no significant bleachers or improvements. They would need a significant financial investment for football...

The Manteno approach would be a logical route. Manteno's Booster club harassed the school board to build the track (after an addition at the junior high paved over the west end of the cinder track). Track was built in '95. Boosters fenced it, sodded it.

Manteno & Peotone tried cooping football starting in fall '91. Only lasted like four years. Parents approached the board about football, were told they needed to start a youth program and show it would be viable (school board did same thing to soccer in late 80's). Youth football started in '97. First major additions to school in '98ish included a "fieldhouse", which included a football appropriate locker room & major weight room facility. School approved football for 2001...JV schedule only, played mostly sophomore games & 3 road varsity games for desperate teams who needed games. 2002 first varsity season, I-8 member with constraints - required to have bleachers & lights within 2 years. Ed Foundation undertook major fundraiser for bleachers & lights. School board put bleachers up with promise of fundraiser reimbursing them; bleachers in place for start of school 2002. Ed foundation was determined to play under the lights that year...paid for the lights prior to reimbursing for the bleachers; last game Friday Night Lights!
Yes.They played SFDS(Miss them),Naz & somebody else I can't recall

Yes.They played SFDS(Miss them),Naz & somebody else I can't recall

They actually played de Sales twice that year, once home and once away. I remember they had paw prints on the street leading to the school...thought that was the coolest thing.

You're correct.SFDS(Speaking on helmet logos they used to have the Steelers logo honoring the nearby Steel Mills) week 6 SFDS 33 Manteno 20 Week 9 SFDS 40 Manteno 6

I'm guessing that is the Facebook page of HHS/BBCHS? That means your screen name is his real name? I have to be honest. That is unbelievably creepy and stalkerish. Aren't you the guy who did the same thing to IG88? How many screen names do you have? Jon Posiedentop/Anonymous_Coward/Robert Mazak...

The Illinois State Police have been notified of his actions

I have always wondered one huge thing about Provi, and then I’ll leave this thread and not hijack it.

If we are considered the Celtics, why is our mascot, “Charlie” a spartan?

No apology needed, were all good.

I have always wondered one huge thing about Provi, and then I’ll leave this thread and not hijack it.

If we are considered the Celtics, why is our mascot, “Charlie” a spartan?

No apology needed, were all good.
I think Charlie is related to the Tinley Park Titan guy they used to have on their helmets(His dad was on the Niles East helmets) as well as GORC who was on the Rich Central helmets lol

Reactions: emdee91
lol, are you serious? I'm sure the state police will be all over this scofflaw.

One of the creepiest things ever seen on a message board.. we had to block him from the I-8 board after he made sexual comments about cheerleaders from one of the schools... so more to it than just what happened here..

One of the creepiest things ever seen on a message board.. we had to block him from the I-8 board after he made sexual comments about cheerleaders from one of the schools... so more to it than just what happened here..

Whatever Jon. Have the cops roll him up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT