ADVERTISEMENT

Any Idea on Non-Conference Games Next Year?

Batavia's 2017 schedule stays the same:
Week 1: Belleville West @ Batavia
Week 2: Libertyville @ Batavia
*Week 3: Streamwood @ Batavia
*Week 4: Batavia @ Elgin
*Week 5: St. Charles East @ Batavia
*Week 6: Batavia @ Geneva
Week 7: South Elgin @ Batavia
*Week 8: Batavia @ Larkin
*Week 9: Batavia @ St. Charles North

Conference games for the last year of the Upstate Eight River Division.

Good question. You would think a conference with this many teams could schedule an even amount of Conference Games for each team. Last year LWW had 6 Conference games. Next year they have 8. Is it really fair at the end of the year that teams play a different amount of Conference games? Of course, is it fair that a team like Bolingbrook gets LWE, HF, Lockport, LWC and Bradley while LWW plays Stagg, Andrew, Thornridge and Sandburg last year coming of a State Playoff run? The SWSC needs to go back to two divisions or devise a fairer system because right now it does seem to take the "buckshot" approach.

Note: Would like to see LWE vs LWW. LWE probably wins big but could take the place of the great rivalry LWW had with LWN.
Its fair, just gotta win those games and not worry about who else has who.

I am not 100% sure, but I think SR is playing same schedule as last year. Anyone in the know please correct or confirm this statement.

If playing the Shamrock again, not sure if it's a Soldier Field game. I believe the Rich Central game will be in Olympia Fields, then Larry MacMarmion, in addition to the Blue.

BigGroff,

Now I'm hearing it won't happen but not sure if the two will come back.

If the two don't come back it will be a BIG problem for the freshman team.

I definitely am hearing the same thing......Varsity coach brought in last week is now out out and lower level coaches resigned......what a mess. Can't believe the new coach has lost just about the entire old staff either by coaches quitting or getting let go.....St Francis is in real trouble since the new coach got there.

I definitely am hearing the same thing......Varsity coach brought in last week is now out out and lower level coaches resigned......what a mess. Can't believe the new coach has lost just about the entire old staff either by coaches quitting or getting let go.....St Francis is in real trouble since the new coach got there.

What was the issue between varsity guy briefly brought in and two lower level guys?

Its fair, just gotta win those games and not worry about who else has who.

Bones,

I understand that the kids just have to go out and play the games that are given to them but the point I was trying to make (and I think Woody6 too) is that the SWSC had no rhyme or reason for their scheduling last year after the conference was combined with losses of the (2) Joliet teams and LWN.

1. Previously with (2) divisions of (8), each team played the (7) teams in their division
and scheduled (2) non-con games - simple.
2. Now with a single conference of (13) teams, we have teams with (6), (7) and
(8) conference games and (1), (2) and (3) non-conference games. Much harder to
determine a conference champ with each team playing different amount of games
within the conference. (Does the 8 - 0 team beat the 6 - 0 team because it has
played more conference games)
3. Even though with graduation, transfers and injuries it is difficult to make a fair
schedule for everyone since last years success doesn't equal next years success,
a schools history can give you an idea of a schools football program.

For example using the current SWSC:
Tier 1:
H-F, LWE, Bradley (consistently good records and playoff success)
Tier 2:
Bolingbrook, LWW, Thornton (usually above .500 and have had playoff success)
Tier 3:
LWC, Lockport, Sandburg (usually around .500 - are all up and coming programs)
Tier 4:
Thornwood, Thornridge, Stagg and Andrew (Usually bad but will have an occasionally good season - Thornwood was unusually competitive last year and made the playoffs)

Why not base schedule around something like this - Base it on a 7 game conference schedule and Tier 1 and 2 can't have more than (2) games against tier 4 teams. This way a LWW can't get Thornridge, Stagg and Andrew in the same year and Sandburg only gets Stagg.

Perfect - of course not but equal conference games and trying to schedule based on historical data may help. After that, If Bolingbrook wants to schedule aggressively in their non-con schedule (GW) - more power to them and if LWW wants to schedule Proviso West - see how that worked out when the playoff schedule came out!

It is not mathematically possible for a 13 team conference to play equal amount of games in 9 weeks. You would need 13 weeks to balance it out.

Lways did not play each other last year by request. That went away for the upcoming season

What was the issue between varsity guy briefly brought in and two lower level guys?

mc140,

He was the old head coach and is still in the building. I'm not going to get into it any further except to say he isn't going to be coaching. The real problem is getting the old freshman coach and his son back.

Bones,

I understand that the kids just have to go out and play the games that are given to them but the point I was trying to make (and I think Woody6 too) is that the SWSC had no rhyme or reason for their scheduling last year after the conference was combined with losses of the (2) Joliet teams and LWN.

1. Previously with (2) divisions of (8), each team played the (7) teams in their division
and scheduled (2) non-con games - simple.
2. Now with a single conference of (13) teams, we have teams with (6), (7) and
(8) conference games and (1), (2) and (3) non-conference games. Much harder to
determine a conference champ with each team playing different amount of games
within the conference. (Does the 8 - 0 team beat the 6 - 0 team because it has
played more conference games)
3. Even though with graduation, transfers and injuries it is difficult to make a fair
schedule for everyone since last years success doesn't equal next years success,
a schools history can give you an idea of a schools football program.

For example using the current SWSC:
Tier 1:
H-F, LWE, Bradley (consistently good records and playoff success)
Tier 2:
Bolingbrook, LWW, Thornton (usually above .500 and have had playoff success)
Tier 3:
LWC, Lockport, Sandburg (usually around .500 - are all up and coming programs)
Tier 4:
Thornwood, Thornridge, Stagg and Andrew (Usually bad but will have an occasionally good season - Thornwood was unusually competitive last year and made the playoffs)

Why not base schedule around something like this - Base it on a 7 game conference schedule and Tier 1 and 2 can't have more than (2) games against tier 4 teams. This way a LWW can't get Thornridge, Stagg and Andrew in the same year and Sandburg only gets Stagg.

Perfect - of course not but equal conference games and trying to schedule based on historical data may help. After that, If Bolingbrook wants to schedule aggressively in their non-con schedule (GW) - more power to them and if LWW wants to schedule Proviso West - see how that worked out when the playoff schedule came out!

I hear you, I just think the scheduling was about as fair as they could do it to give everyone a chance. I think Lockport had the difficult draw, but all they had to do was win noncon and games they would be favored in and they get to 5.

I also disagree with the tiers. The top tier would be LWE, HF, and Brook. Then the next tier would be pretty large. Finally the bottom tier would have T Ridge, T Wood, and Stagg.

What would be disproportionate would be if a school had to play all of LWE, HF, and Brook or if a school had none of the 3.

Obviously with 13 schools and 1 conference the schedules as a whole were less than desirable but given the circumstances i felt they were okay.

What they should have done is allow a scenario where Joliet Central could be in the red and we probably dont have this issue. One year in the SWP and they notch 2 wins, that is huge for a program like that. They could have had more competitive games with a couple teams in the red.

Reactions: anon_4vszfu35bv677
Herd through the grapevine that St Francis Broke their contracts with St Viator and Geneva to get those two games......That is not a good sign for the integrity of the new coach!
Ghost,
I heard the same thing. New coach hired a coach that was fired by Francis before Purnell, but President vetoed the move. How is a guy not fit to coach, but you keep him on to teach? Doesn't make sense. I also heard current coach may be looking elsewhere. Major issues with the program.

Ghost,
I heard the same thing. New coach hired a coach that was fired by Francis before Purnell, but President vetoed the move. How is a guy not fit to coach, but you keep him on to teach? Doesn't make sense. I also heard current coach may be looking elsewhere. Major issues with the program.
Is that BB that you are referring to......

No, football. Former HC(2004-06?) at Francis still teaches at school. Current coach brought him on as coordinator and thats when fireworks began.
I think he meant former head coach whose initials are BB. So i would say yes, that former coach.
That's really disappointing about SF. They went from a semifinal 2 years ago to being in shambles?? This is hard to understand. Is it the new coach or is it that Fitzgerald plucked the talented kids from SF and they transferred to Naperville North? Sounds like a combination of both?

I think he meant former head coach whose initials are BB. So i would say yes, that former coach.
That's really disappointing about SF. They went from a semifinal 2 years ago to being in shambles?? This is hard to understand. Is it the new coach or is it that Fitzgerald plucked the talented kids from SF and they transferred to Naperville North? Sounds like a combination of both?
It is actually a combination of poor administration and leadership at the top, but the new coach is above average. Only one kid transferred to NN and he was hands down their best player. Francis has had some poor admissions/marketing people for 6-7 years and there is only 40-45% male population. This affects all male sports. It seems that the administration is content sending out post cards and keeping their fingers crossed. Their is very little accountability by the school board as most are hand picked by the president. I think the current coach struggled with lack of talent and getting a late start, and learning to deal with high school parents. Its a tough place to coach unless your daughter plays volleyball or soccer.

You're not trying hard enough. I hear we are on about 5 emails and 4 voice mails with no response. Is Bu not like A's Anybody anytime....

I'd say MS and LZ are as rough as it gets, but yeah, I'll make a few calls and see what's up.

I'd say MS and LZ are as rough as it gets, but yeah, I'll make a few calls and see what's up.
Right but does losing to teams much bigger than you really hurt? MCHS is always in a win win situation playing "up." If they beat MS that's awesome its a big upset. If they lose well they should MS is 2x-3x the size of MS. That would be like if MCHS scheduled ICCP and lost. Much more down side losing to teams same size or smaller.

Batavia's 2017 schedule stays the same:
Week 1: Belleville West @ Batavia
Week 2: Libertyville @ Batavia
*Week 3: Streamwood @ Batavia
*Week 4: Batavia @ Elgin
*Week 5: St. Charles East @ Batavia
*Week 6: Batavia @ Geneva
Week 7: South Elgin @ Batavia
*Week 8: Batavia @ Larkin
*Week 9: Batavia @ St. Charles North

Conference games for the last year of the Upstate Eight River Division.

Are you sure you not open week 2? Asking for a friend.

Well that's unfortunate, this board gets cheated out of that game yet again.
Agree this is such a tease. Someone has to make it happen

Untitled.jpg

TPF,

I hear Godfather has been pitching some Michigan Heavy Hitters. It seems the questions everyone had for Naz are being answered. Time will tell more about the outcomes. Sounds to me like it's going to be a fun season for everyone in LaGrange and LGP.

Doesn't make too much sense to me but to each his own, Montini plays awesome non cons every year so they get the benefit of the doubt. Selfishly I think we'd all like to see it though.

So @godfthr53 you're looking week 1 still, who is week 2?

Doesn't make too much sense to me but to each his own, Montini plays awesome non cons every year so they get the benefit of the doubt. Selfishly I think we'd all like to see it though.

So @godfthr53 you're looking week 1 still, who is week 2?
Yeah, can never question the Montini non-con schedule... but this game is the elephant in the room. Some times it takes time like when my Raiders finally played my Mustangs in 2007.

Like I said I am only a fan, but I think the negotiation of a non conf game on a message board between anonymous posters is a first for me.

Like I said I am only a fan, but I think the negotiation of a non conf game on a message board between anonymous posters is a first for me.
remember when fans here played a role in the outcome of Montini JCA pt 1 and MC Simeon?

Bones
You are going to have to refresh my memory. It was my belief, and it is entirely possible that I am wrong, that the first time Montini played JCA was in the 2010 title game (at least subsequent to 1994). Montini played the 2011 opener at JCA where Montini lost in a non-conf game, and played later that year in the title game.

Like most everyone I would like to see Montini play Naz, at the same time I don't know if getting a play by play as to who is not answering the phone, and the statement that Montini wants to play Morgan Park rather than Naz is the way to go about it. (Once again I am speculating and could be wrong but I don't think Morgan Park is on Montini's radar for a non-conf game.)

I finally get the job of the AD. Why don't schools return calls? There's at least 5-6 outstanding calls that aren't getting returned

Similar to Naz not responding to ESL a few year back! Not sure why there is a need to post this kind of stuff. Definitely when you live in a glass house!

Reactions: mc140
Yeah, can never question the Montini non-con schedule... but this game is the elephant in the room. Some times it takes time like when my Raiders finally played my Mustangs in 2007.
Aren't they playing again this year?

There's no negotiation going on here. IMO this game is about 5-6 years overdue and quite honestly has lost most of its luster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT