ADVERTISEMENT

Anteaters beat Kansas State

corey90

Aug 27, 2005
Crown Point, IN
You have to love March Madness.

Now I hope Gardner-Web can beat Virginia?
You have to love the little schools getting a chance to win the National Championship.
Some other sports can learn something on how this tournament gives everyone a shot.

No computer figuring it out. ;)

? College football has done away with the computer years ago.

Sorry you are correct I always hated that computer having a say, but you still have strength of schedule that plays a part in the total outcome. Basketball you have non of that just win baby in the big tournament.

Sorry you are correct I always hated that computer having a say, but you still have strength of schedule that plays a part in the total outcome. Basketball you have non of that just win baby in the big tournament.

They actually just came up with a new metric that measures a teams ability and used that to justify selections and seeds.

They actually just came up with a new metric that measures a teams ability and used that to justify selections and seeds.

The point is the small schools have a chance and that is what makes it special. I am sure the school has to have a winning record to make it in the tournament. If they actually use a metric after that then so be it but it’s better than how they figure football. Just saying and yes I am in favor of expanding the number of teams in the football playoff. 4 teams is not enough in my opinion.

The point is the small schools have a chance and that is what makes it special. I am sure the school has to have a winning record to make it in the tournament. If they actually use a metric after that then so be it but it’s better than how they figure football. Just saying and yes I am in favor of expanding the number of teams in the football playoff. 4 teams is not enough in my opinion.

The playoff in college football has proven that the last thing you need is more teams. There has been like 3 competitive games in the playoffs so far. None of the 3 games this year were close at all. Adding more teams will lead to more blowouts.

College basketball is a completely different animal. All you need is a few kids to get hot and the other team to get cold and you have a chance for an upset. Not happening against Bama or Clemson.

FCS...we need 24 teams to figure out North Dakota State can beat whoever is put in front of them.

Basketball...the Bison need to win the play-in game in order to prove that they can only play with Duke for a half before Duke blasts them...

The structure of the basketball tourney are that the 13-16 seeds are realistically not going to be competitive. One upset, maybe. 13-16 seeds are like participation trophies, congratulations for winning the conference tournament, probably only going to win if the top 4 seed expects to win just by showing up...

But its money...money drives the hoops tourney. And the need for money is going to force football playoff expansion as well...

people thought a 16 would never beat a 1... then Virginia. I'd say there are enough upsets in hoops to justify the # of teams. Football right now looks bad, but Bama wont be like this forever.

A school that qualifies for the tournament by winning their conference tournament does not need to have a winning record, only at-large selection committee picks do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT