ADVERTISEMENT

All conference

According to Social Media from MC

Blainey Dowling- All Conference- Tony Lawless Winner. CCL Blue MVP.

Denny Furlong- All Conference- Offensive Player of the Year.

Jordan Lynch- Tony Lawless Winner, Coach of the Year CCL Blue.

Following are also All Conference

Darrion Dupree
Damarion Arrington
Bobby Medina
Danny Novickas
Noah Smith
Asher Tomaszewski

Please forgive my ignorance, but who was/is Tony Lawless?

Marist

John Nestor-All Conference-Defensive Player of the Year CCL Blue

All-Conference
Derm Smyth QB
Ryan Simms WR
Ben Meehan OL
John Nestor DB
Jamel Howard DL
Duke White LB

Reactions: corey90 and Gene K.
Congratulations to all. Nice to see Nick Thome get recognized. He’s had a heck of a season.

What a joke that DJ Stewart does not make all conference in the Green Division. Who does the voting?

The MSL does not announce their all conference team until their last remaining team has completed its season

According to Social Media from MC

Blainey Dowling- All Conference- Tony Lawless Winner. CCL Blue MVP.

Denny Furlong- All Conference- Offensive Player of the Year.

Jordan Lynch- Tony Lawless Winner, Coach of the Year CCL Blue.

Following are also All Conference

Darrion Dupree
Damarion Arrington
Bobby Medina
Danny Novickas
Noah Smith
Asher Tomaszewski
No Parker Startz?

Reactions: Silver Rain
No Parker Startz?
That really shocked me too. He certainly deserved it. The one game he didn't play vs BR you can tell he was missed stopping the QB. I also thought Darrion Gilliam deserved recognition, he has at least 6 or 7 TD receptions. Big Sam Singleton on the OL and Tavon Rice on the DL have a case as well.

Reactions: Silver Rain
His coach.
I think the Coaches submit names then all the coaches in the Conference chime in and come to some agreement....I know the Coaches all agree on the Lawless Winners in the CCL. I know for All State the Coach submits his nominees....many coaches either don't or forget to do this because every year there is a thread of noticeable snubs.

I think the Coaches submit names then all the coaches in the Conference chime in and come to some agreement....I know the Coaches all agree on the Lawless Winners in the CCL. I know for All State the Coach submits his nominees....many coaches either don't or forget to do this because every year there is a thread of noticeable snubs.
All conference is 100% picked by each schools coach. Coaches do not vote on other schools appointees. They do all vote on who wins player of year, lawless. Each team gets certain number of spots determined on where they finished in the standings. MC got 8, Loyola 7 etc.

All conference is 100% picked by each schools coach. Coaches do not vote on other schools appointees. They do all vote on who wins player of year, lawless. Each team gets certain number of spots determined on where they finished in the standings. MC got 8, Loyola 7 etc.
This right here. Coaches bring in their allotment of All Conference players. Only higher awards are voted on.

yes in the Catholic League coaches submit and that is it, preference usually goes to Seniors over Juniors may not be fair but that is what it is.

Reactions: chakazulu89
This right here. Coaches bring in their allotment of All Conference players. Only higher awards are voted on.

Depends on the conference. In my experience it has been a hybrid of voting and slots.

Yes, three way tie in the Purple.

And the weight for Lamberti from Carmel Catholic is wrong.

He’s a 6’8 300lb Sophomore.

Yes, three way tie in the Purple.

And the weight for Lamberti from Carmel Catholic is wrong.

He’s a 6’8 300lb Sophomore.
That's an impressive group of underclassmen on the team for the Corsairs.

probably because it was a 3 way tie for the conference championship
Then it should not be called coach of the year..........becasue if it was a vote, it is impossible to have a 3 way tie with only 4 votes, unless one abstains.

Then it should not be called coach of the year..........becasue if it was a vote, it is impossible to have a 3 way tie with only 4 votes, unless one abstains.
It's not a vote. The coach of the team that wins conference is named coach of the year. A three way tie for conference means 3 coaches of the year.

Tyler Erkman of LZ won NSC player of year. Not strongest group of candidates this year but congrats to Tyler.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT