ADVERTISEMENT

Caravan first two games?

All.... According to il.8to18.com showing a partial schedule of seven games including the first two. Ratsy

8-29 Thursday (7pm) (H) a home game for the Caravan. The Hun School of Princeton out of Princeton, New Jersey. A boarding school. If I have their numbers correct around 700 students from grades 6 through 12. The football pedigree according to Maxpreps looks good. Haven't a clue how many H.S kids they have attending,

9-6 Friday (7:30 pm) (A) St, Rita

All... If il.8to18.com is indeed correct on that week one game your school should at the very least provide the team a fine meal after the slaughter. Projections below if they would of played in 2023. Ratsy

Calpreps - Mt. Carmel 48 Hun High 8 (99%)

Massey - Mt. Carmel 50 Hun High 0 (100%)

Reactions: Silver Rain
Last years Princeton team went 8-1 and didn’t have an in state playoff game…

MC was close to playing Pitt Central Catholic week 1 out there. Just never happened. I think they ended up scheduling a top OH team. I don't know anything on the week 1 opponent. I like the Week 0 game though for more prep time for SR week 2.

I have an acquaintance who is a NJ native and Hun school parent. He swears that even though Hun is a middle of the road NJ fb program, they would beat the best of illinois by 25. We shall finally get to see it. And I hope MC hangs 70 on them.
All.... When I looked them up earlier Massey had them ranked 12th in NJ. The Raiders return all of their rb's but they really like to throw the ball. Lost to graduation is a qb who threw for over 2000 yards. The backup did very well tossing for over a thousnd and has several returning receivers.

About a half of dozen big boys on the line in that 275 plus range as well. They look good in the few clips I watched but I still believe the Caravan will pound them. Ratsy

Good for SR & MC for getting this done. Makes Rita's schedule obviously tougher.

I believe in my heart that this will be a competitive game.

I don't know what Carmel has, but I expect a 3-peat. Loyola can tag along if they want, as long as they go 13-1.
But even if the Caravan is strong, Rita always comes to play. Rice could be a tough customer too . It's the CCL Blue, the premier league of Chicago high school football. Go tell that to the Huns.

Last edited:
I have an acquaintance who is a NJ native and Hun school parent. He swears that even though Hun is a middle of the road NJ fb program, they would beat the best of illinois by 25. We shall finally get to see it. And I hope MC hangs 70 on them.
Why do they not participate in their state playoffs?

They go 8-1 with a mid season loss and no playoff run

All.... The school certainly attracts the players. In the New Jersey Rivals top 30 the Raiders graduated two in the top ten. Miles O'Neill ( at 3) their 6'5" qb who will now play at Texas Tech. In the four spot Owen Wafle a 290lb DT that is going to Michigan.

If one decides to board at the school facility tuition runs around 70 grand. Yowza! Ratsy

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Gene K.
Why do they not participate in their state playoffs?

They go 8-1 with a mid season loss and no playoff run

The Huns play in NEPSAC, a New England Prep School Association. But they are in the Freelance Division, which consists of a total of two teams. Their freelance status allows them to schedule other independent schools. Judging by last year's schedule, they pick a lot of cream puffs. Their Points Scored vs Points Allowed was a lopsided 362/53. Of the top 25 teams in New Jersey, the Huns had the lowest score for strength of schedule. They played only three teams from their home state. The others were from Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Connecticut. This seems to indicate that they don't compete for a state championship.

Last edited:
No wonder why other teams in the state have something to say when their name comes up…

Hun School typically plays other boarding schools in the Mid-Atlantic and New England. It is kind of a self-contained world so it is hard to rank them against other teams. They have postgrads and reclassified players on their team. Last year they had four FBS signees and an Ivy League kid. Question with these teams is always whether they have much depth of talent or if they just recruited enough studs to beat the other rich boarding schools.

MaxPreps rated Bergen Catholic as the top team in New Jersey last year. Bergen's strength of schedule was 40.1. Hun was ranked 23 and its strength of schedule was 3.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT