ADVERTISEMENT

AJ Henning

Years ago it seemed the LWE faithful were less inclined to be so soft on here. Most, if not all on this board have massive respect for that program and what they have accomplished. @WIU78 and @LWeastDad where did we all go wrong in offending you so deeply? That the people posting are concerned for a kid who has a brilliant future is so offensive that you stomp your feet and whine is truly befuddling...

Reactions: Bwm57
Too funny. Let’s all put our skirts on and play flag football. On any given play a career in HS and beyond could be lost. I told this to many a talented athlete to focus on the academics First and let the games play out. As soon as you start questioning the process internally you will have problems. And obviously AJ Henning has enough folks viewing his complete sophomore films to negate his injured junior year season. Michigan I don’t believe has told him not to play?Here is hoping not a single IHSA football player is injured this fall.

Reactions: Gene K.
Jwar... please define from your coaching perspective what “out of position” is. Curious as there are many two way players in Illinois.

WIU,

I am certainly aware of Ironman Football and see it on occasion here in PA and certainly saw it in Illinois even at Naz. That said, playing a defensive position in addition to a Offensive position is not what we are discussing.

I also find it hard to believe that LWE would need to employee the Ironman when you bring two bus loads of boys to 7v7 and have three or more full units of offensive skills alone.

Jwar... please define from your coaching perspective what “out of position” is. Curious as there are many two way players in Illinois.

Reactions: Undercenter3rd1
Years ago it seemed the LWE faithful were less inclined to be so soft on here. Most, if not all on this board have massive respect for that program and what they have accomplished. @WIU78 and @LWeastDad where did we all go wrong in offending you so deeply? That the people posting are concerned for a kid who has a brilliant future is so offensive that you stomp your feet and whine is truly befuddling...

I would be disappointed if us East fans didn’t feel he should play wherever the coach feels is best. East players and fans aren’t soft so we expect our best out there for every play. You don’t understand the community if you feel we don’t support the coaches and players/team.

Reactions: PRokie
I would be disappointed if us East fans didn’t feel he should play wherever the coach feels is best. East players and fans aren’t soft so we expect our best out there for every play. You don’t understand the community if you feel we don’t support the coaches and players/team.

Sorry big guy, you missed the entire point of my post.

I never said LWE players were soft, I said fans on this board are soft. I also never even remotely said anything about the community not supporting the team.

In short, stay off the drugs son.

Been there and seen it. Much like MS. I’ve only ever had a beef with the Beast on one play only (coaches not kids or fans), and have found them straight up folks all the way.

Corey saying you play where your told is Bible where I come from. I’d be just as proud if my boys played there!

Reactions: WIU78
I love these entertaining squabbles. Reminds me of that cheerleading movie. Bring It On?

Sorry big guy, you missed the entire point of my post.

I never said LWE players were soft, I said fans on this board are soft. I also never even remotely said anything about the community not supporting the team.

In short, stay off the drugs son.

Ha
I doubt your old enough to have a son my age.
I guess you should read between my lines because what I was trying to say is East fans don’t want to baby their players. If our players suit up we trust our coach on where he feels they should play.

In the long, stay off the cool-aid
Lol

Reactions: mchsalumni
Been there and seen it. Much like MS. I’ve only ever had a beef with the Beast on one play only (coaches not kids or fans), and have found them straight up folks all the way.

Corey saying you play where your told is Bible where I come from. I’d be just as proud if my boys played there!

Thanks PRokie
You get it. My 2 sons both played for coach Z and I have nothing but high praise for how he coaches and teaches his players.

WIU,

I am certainly aware of Ironman Football and see it on occasion here in PA and certainly saw it in Illinois even at Naz. That said, playing a defensive position in addition to a Offensive position is not what we are discussing.

I also find it hard to believe that LWE would need to employee the Ironman when you bring two bus loads of boys to 7v7 and have three or more full units of offensive skills alone.
Jwar...not sure what we are talking about any more. Quality and quantity are two distinct animals and the “exposure” to injury is much greater playing on both sides of the ball...which is very common on 7A, 6A and below. So it was OK for the beloved Naz to have players do just that? And we are concerned for only the athlete at LWE? Ok , fine Coach. Let’s start the season already.

WIU,

We already started playing ball last week in PA. Good luck to your guys playing, here’s to a SAFE enjoyable season for everyone.

Jwar...not sure what we are talking about any more. Quality and quantity are two distinct animals and the “exposure” to injury is much greater playing on both sides of the ball...which is very common on 7A, 6A and below. So it was OK for the beloved Naz to have players do just that? And we are concerned for only the athlete at LWE? Ok , fine Coach. Let’s start the season already.

Anyone know if AJ ran the wildcat tonight?
Wow this was a wasted debate....no wildcat from AJ. Both teams did well and not a single turnover. If you count special teams punts and kickoffs AJ had accounted for 120 yards without touching the ball once. Stevie never kicked near him. LWE 30-7 victory was a good start to the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT