ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Immaculate Conception and St Francis to join CCL

Riverside Brookfield had petitioned a few times to get in WS the conference with Oak park river forest etc but nothing has came to fruition. RB has absolutely dominated both of their past 2 conferences in basketball, I believe 20+ straight conference titles and had held its own In football too. Moving to WS with those ****** schools would be quite the challenge but I think they’re up for it

Reactions: colin2229
I’m sorry but weren’t you the poster complaining when Aurora Christian was playing in the CCL about having to play bigger and better schools? Did Aurora Christian just get better? No. They left the conference.
I think it’s great that IC and others are leaving the metro. It’s a garbage conference, but to call out smaller public schools for complaining about it is ridiculous. They never had a chance in football just like Aurora Christian did when they tucked their tail and went to the Metro.
No, I was not that poster.

This is not the SCC. The SCC was:
MCC
Marmion
Montini
SF
IC
St. Eds
ACC
Driscoll

The Suburban Christian Conference is what caused this mess. Never should’ve let the other schools in IMO.
Was referring to what it would look like today without Driscoll and Walther.

Reactions: Blue Ruin
Not since March 2020. Less traffic and wider highway.
Not my experience at all. The pandemic traffic lull is over.

It might be anecdotal, but the old saying that traffic expands with additional highway capacity has always proven true to me.

Whatever, I'd rather be at the dentist than the southbound Tri-State on Friday afternoon.

It might be anecdotal, but the old saying that traffic expands with additional highway capacity has always proven true to me.

Whatever, I'd rather be at the dentist than the southbound Tri-State on Friday afternoon.
The construction certainly doesn't help. They shut down lanes during non-rush hour periods which then makes it feel like rush hour at 8 or 9pm on a random Tuesday night for example.

The Induced Demand theory can be folly sometimes...a lot of Build 53 clamor went away when they added the 4th Lane to each side of 294 north of O'Hare in 2008.

I am a lapsed Catholic but still somewhat parochial, so my attention is focused on the Blue. But as a disinterested observer, I have been quite impressed by Montini, Driscoll, and Bishop Mac

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K.
I am a lapsed Catholic but still somewhat parochial, so my attention is focused on the Blue. But as a disinterested observer, I have been quite impressed by Montini, Driscoll, and Bishop Mac

Driscoll, eh?

Just saw this announced on Twitter. Some of you had your information correct!

Really glad to see this, but the commute times between these schools makes me wonder if this is going to be an experiment or if it will be here to stay. I wonder if they approached Walther Christian. They seem conspicuous by their absence.

Last edited:
This leaves the CCL/ESCL at 25 teams. What do they do? 5 team leagues are pretty awkward. Do they go with 5-4 team leagues and a 5 team league?

Really glad to see this, but the commute times between these schools makes me wonder if this is going to be an experiment or if it will be here to stay. I wonder if they approached Walther Christian. They seem conspicuous by their absence.
I agree. I am happy for these guys but at the same time, this is all such an odd combination. Most conferences succeed on some combination of geography, enrollment, or competitiveness. This league gets an F for geography. At least for football, it will have a clear “haves and have nots” breakdown so it gets a D for competitiveness at least for football. I guess they are all relatively small private schools, though some much smaller than others. Perhaps they get a C for enrollment similarity.

with those grades, that leaves this league with minimal chance of remaining intact as is more than a few years. That said, the weird position most of these schools find themselves in and their limited other prospects means it just may work out of desperation. I hope it works out for them.

Reactions: ramblinman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT