ADVERTISEMENT

AAF Folds, next stop McMahon XFL

NFL is too big for a fledgling league to take on and compete with. They may want to try to expand an existing league like.......the Canadian Football League into the US.

NFL is too big for a fledgling league to take on and compete with. They may want to try to expand an existing league like.......the Canadian Football League into the US.

if they would have made strictly for 18-22yr olds and non drafted college players it would be a huge hit.
as we have said many times here. a lot of these athlete have absolutely no reason to go to college.
so many in these last chance u's type facilities. no reason for it. and I would say, pay scale should be 50k -65k, so if these individuals want to go to college, they now have the money for it.

AAF was stupid they rushed the product on the field to beat the XFL but lacked the needed funding, not to mention building a business plan around using NFL practice squad players when they were already under contract and unavailable.

I think the XFL will actually succeed since they have better financing, will have a better TV deal and have learned from their mistakes last time.

Read this earlier. This is my argument against professional spring football and spring football in general.

My thoughts on the subject have never changed. I am simply not very interested in any sport that is out of traditional season. Not interested in hockey in July. Not interested in baseball in December and not very interested in football in March. But I will listen.

I am not saying I refuse to talk about it, but I am not interested in watching it. I watched maybe a few plays on opening night. My reaction was, nah.

Reactions: Gene K.
Read this earlier. This is my argument against professional spring football and spring football in general.

My thoughts on the subject have never changed. I am simply not very interested in any sport that is out of traditional season. Not interested in hockey in July. Not interested in baseball in December and not very interested in football in March. But I will listen.

I am not saying I refuse to talk about it, but I am not interested in watching it. I watched maybe a few plays on opening night. My reaction was, nah.
I'm with you. It's like trying to watch remakes of classic movies. You can try but nothing is better than the original.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT