ADVERTISEMENT

8A predictions

brucealmighy

Apr 30, 2006
I pray for Mike O’Brien’s prediction to come true and setup a Warren/LWE matchup in the quarters. The thread for that game would be so entertaining.
O’Brien’s Picks

LWE’s close call last night will refocus them. Seems inevitable that LWE and LA matchup in Champaign. I see the Illini’s magical season rubbing off on Coach H and the Ramblers lifting the trophy on Memorial Stadium as the Orange and Blue return to town with the Land of Lincoln Trophy.

Assuming Warren makes it to Quarters ... Don't just assume LWE will beat Warren. They are very similar teams. I would predict a very close game. This years brackets are very interesting. All 8A top teams have shown some kinks in their armor.

For sure. My post was more directed towards the IHSA using gas prices as a reason not to seed more classes 1-32
In their defense ( not that most of their decisions are defensible) some of the classes have teams from every corner of the state.

Reactions: eireog
In their defense ( not that most of their decisions are defensible) some of the classes have teams from every corner of the state.
Agree but at the same time in 5A a second round matchup between Morris and Troy Triad is very likely. So they'll be coming up from south of St. Louis.

I think Loyola will meet LWE in the finals. If the weather is terrible, East should win a close one. If weather allows a serviceable aerial attack, Loyola should get the win by 10 pts.

Speaking of fuel, Richards goes to ESL just to get spanked round one $$$
Oil Companies Lol GIF by INTO ACTION

Last edited:
My prediction is one team will win 5 games in a row and no one else will - let’s see how this plays out
Lake
I like where your head is. Lol
I hope East plays Warren in the playoffs. Not because I don’t like Warren but because I respect them and know they will bring it. A long time LWE poster used to always say if you want to be the best you have to play the best. Warren is certainly in the top 5 in my opinion and this would be a great game. Believe me I know that the State Championship is up for grabs with plenty of teams capable of an upset.

Go East!

Lake
I like where your head is. Lol
I hope East plays Warren in the playoffs. Not because I don’t like Warren but because I respect them and know they will bring it. A long time LWE poster used to always say if you want to be the best you have to play the best. Warren is certainly in the top 5 in my opinion and this would be a great game. Believe me I know that the State Championship is up for grabs with plenty of teams capable of an upset.

Go East!
Good luck to beast!

Hope we can share a beverage of it gets that far

Reactions: corey90
Didn’t they go undefeated with the backup? Not saying he is better than the starter but seemed capable.
Mennecke missed 5 games early in the season. He came back Week 8 but was injured in the 2nd quarter of their loss to DeKalb. They are a different team without him but the backup is certainly more experienced now than the typical backup. Mennecke didn't play Friday night. I'm not certain if/when he will be able to play again this season. I think he is a big piece of the NV puzzle if they are going to beat LWE.

Reactions: Gene K.
A few questions/statements for 8A

1. Brook will beat Maine South in the road. Would be +175 before the game. Take them on the moneyline.
2. York will be first top 4 seed out. Wouldn’t count out Oswego East in round 1.
3. Would LWE Vs Loyola be one of the best 8A games in awhile?
4. Brook, HF and Marist will both make deep runs as lower seeds.
5. Minooka will be in quarters.
6. My final 4. LWE vs HF and Marist vs Loyola

Reactions: tmjgrady
A few questions/statements for 8A

1. Brook will beat Maine South in the road. Would be +175 before the game. Take them on the moneyline.
2. York will be first top 4 seed out. Wouldn’t count out Oswego East in round 1.
3. Would LWE Vs Loyola be one of the best 8A games in awhile?
5. Minooka will be in quarters.
South Elgin will also be out in the 1st round

Lotta love for H-F and 'Brook in this post. Where does this come from?

IG88 makes a return to the Homewood-Flossmoor sidelines just in time for the 2022 8A playoffs. Is there any doubt the Vikings will win the title?

There is no way that LWE loses to Neuqua in the 2nd round. Neuqua will beat Lane then they will be dispatched by LWE quickly. So it shall be written. So it shall be done.

As I posted previously about the STN/MC possible/probable semifinal game….

STN (NV in this case) can win, but they need an ice storm of a biblical nature upon kickoff, high winds and MC (LWE in this case) to play with their shoes tied together. Anything can happen.

Reactions: NNFAN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT