ADVERTISEMENT

8a early predictions- Final 4

Illgold22

Sep 5, 2005
Okay after reading up this summer and listening to people I trust. Here is my 8a final four prediction.

LWE defeats Loyola in semi 1
York defeats Glenbard West in semi 2

LW East defeats York in title game.

I love pre-season football talk. Please chime in and what’s everyone’s final 4 prediction.

Okay after reading up this summer and listening to people I trust. Here is my 8a final four prediction.

I love pre-season football talk. Please chime in and what’s everyone’s final 4 prediction.
It’s kinda weird but not a lot of talk about LWE. Always expected good and in the thick of things, but not a lot of buzz. I know the they return their QB who I expect to have a really good season along with the DE who will be tough to keep off the opposing QB. Any East fans in the know, how the Griffins have coming back to win that 8A title?

It’s kinda weird but not a lot of talk about LWE. Always expected good and in the thick of things, but not a lot of buzz. I know the they return their QB who I expect to have a really good season along with the DE who will be tough to keep off the opposing QB. Any East fans in the know, how the Griffins have coming back to win that 8A title

I have some buddies out that way. Was told they return 8 starters on D. That with the QB and the OL kid going Iowa usually means a deep run by LWE.

Reactions: corey90

Lincoln-Way East defeats Maine South in a semifinal game.
Loyola defeats Marist in the other semifinal game.

Lincoln-Way East defeats Loyola in a rematch of last year's championship game.

Reactions: corey90
It’s kinda weird but not a lot of talk about LWE. Always expected good and in the thick of things, but not a lot of buzz. I know the they return their QB who I expect to have a really good season along with the DE who will be tough to keep off the opposing QB. Any East fans in the know, how the Griffins have coming back to win that 8A title?
That’s what it was last yr, no buzz and little hype with LWE, and when I saw them live, they crushed Batavia and were easily the fastest team in IL HS football that I saw live. I’ve got LWE winning 8A again. Can anybody run with the QB?

Agree on Loyola. GBW, York, and Lyons will be in it at the end along. Maine South will be in it imo, and also I think Marist should be in it.

Official prediction:
1. LWE
2. Loyola
3. Maine South
4. GBW

LW Beast, Loyola, Palatine, & York.... GB west lost too much on that line..... If I'm not mistaken LWE whole d line are returning and they look good. It all starts up front....

Reactions: Irishfan90
LWE always has a great defense, but when they run into another team with a great defense, they struggle offensively.

Reactions: sporthog9er
Correct. You're not just going to run over these top teams. Even if you're LWE. And Loyola didn't just run over them either.
They rolled through plenty of good-great teams last season including Batavia, GBW, and Warren. Outside 4/5 schools in the entire state (Loyola, MC, ESTL, MS), I think they are a clear level above everyone.

Kudos to Nequa and Bradley for keeping it close though last season.

That’s what it was last yr, no buzz and little hype with LWE, and when I saw them live, they crushed Batavia and were easily the fastest team in IL HS football that I saw live. I’ve got LWE winning 8A again. Can anybody run with the QB?

Agree on Loyola. GBW, York, and Lyons will be in it at the end along. Maine South will be in it imo, and also I think Marist should be in it.

Official prediction:
1. LWE
2. Loyola
3. Maine South
4. GBW
I agree with you last years team was fast. I said the same thing when I saw them live. That QB is going to have a big year if he picks up where he left off. He got better with each game including the playoffs.

Reactions: stl705
They rolled through plenty of good-great teams last season including Batavia, GBW, and Warren. Outside 4/5 schools in the entire state (Loyola, MC, ESTL, MS), I think they are a clear level above everyone.

Kudos to Nequa and Bradley for keeping it close though last season.
I was referring to LA/LWE. Their ability to consistently shut down a run game is uncanny.

Their junior class was 16-2 the last 2 years, the have the best running back in the conference and the top coach. Very tough first 2 weeks but 6-3 seems to be the floor.
Like Sammy the Bull good?

Can someone please explain the York hype train? I thought they lost a ton from last year.

I will go with

Quarters
LWE over Naperville Central
Palatine over Warren
Loyola over Marist
Maine South over Glenbard West

Semi
LWE over Palatine
Maine South over Loyola

LWE over Maine South

Last edited:
Reactions: chakazulu89
Can someone please explain the York hype train? I thought they lost a ton from last year.

I will go with

Quarters
Palatine over Warren
Loyola over Marist

Semi 1
LWE over Palatine
Maine South over Loyola

LWE over Maine South
York returns a lot.

I will go with

Quarters
Palatine over Warren
Loyola over Marist

Semi 1
LWE over Palatine
Maine South over Loyola

LWE over Maine South
I have Palatine (H.S.) beating Frankfort (Lincoln-Way East) in Final.

Seems a lot of folks on Palatine bandwagon (I’m not disagreeing per say). I know about the RB, but do they have an all star QB as well? Can’t win in today’s game without an allstar at QB at 8A imo.

Not since the Bobbitt boys has there been this type of Pirate love.
Well, the 2016 squad with Zach Oles had alot of folks dreaming of a state championship until he broke his collarbone in the first round of the playoffs.

As for the QB question. Tommie Elter is very good. Stepped in when Dersnah went out for the season in week 4 last year with no discernable drop in offense. And he'll have one receiver who is 6'7", another who is the OC's son and was a starter on varsity last fall as a sophomore, plus two other receivers that are only slightly less fast than Dom Ball. Ken's crystal ball time - sophomore Kole Fager will be an all stater before he graduates.

Scary thing is.. if Elter gets hurt, his backup Teijens is just as good, and if both them get hurt, the sophomore Santiago may actually be the best athlete of the three.

It just kind of feels like a changing of the guard in the air a little in 8A this year to me. I think I will be able to check out the Pirate week 4 on the Thr night week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT