ADVERTISEMENT

4A North Discussion

Might move Morris down a few spots based on injuries. Otherwise, pretty good list.

1. Rochester
2. Johnsburg
3. Highland
4. Herscher
5. Morris
6. Raby
7. Althoff
8. Dixon
9. Peotone
10. Unity (if QB is back)

Unity QB returns this week vs Bloomington Central Catholic.

I think an argument can be made to put Unity at #9, as I think they would beat any of your 9 through 15, though I think any of your last 8 playing each other would be good matchups. Just my biased opinion.

I saw Unity's week 3 game, wasn't real impressed

Might move Morris down a few spots based on injuries. Otherwise, pretty good list.

1. Rochester
2. Johnsburg
3. Highland
4. Herscher
5. Morris
6. Raby
7. Althoff
8. Dixon
9. Peotone
10. Unity (if QB is back)

IMO Highland would carve Johnsburg up.

I saw Unity's week 3 game, wasn't real impressed

Fair enough, you have to go on what you've seen.

That was the worst game they played this year by far though. Coach didn't even throw one pass in the second half. Normally they try to be more balanced. I know you are a Herscher fan, so what would be my impression of your team if I saw the worst game they played.

Who knows, in the playoffs they may play a bad game. My point is that if they play to their capabilities, they will be a tough out. Once again, Full disclosure, I'm biased.

Guess I am familiar with what Pontiac and Prairie Central have had the last several years, neither Unity or Monticello dominated them. Plus being perhaps bumped to 4A, that's a big jump

Guess I am familiar with what Pontiac and Prairie Central have had the last several years, neither Unity or Monticello dominated them. Plus being perhaps bumped to 4A, that's a big jump

I agree the jump to 4A is huge when you are the smallest school. Believe me I am still hoping for 3A. Unity had no problem with Pontiac, 38-14 and the game was never close. I think Peotone, Manteno, Coal City, Effingham, Taylorville, etc I think Unity would win, not dominate. The two teams I would fear are Rochester and Morris. Definitely would be underdogs against Althoff, Herscher, Jonsburg, but I don't think they'd be afraid. It's why you play the games.

Yeah could be. I think it's close. Doesn't matter much I suppose since Rochester will be the south rep once again.

I think Rochester would have their hands full with Highland as well.

neutral field[2017] Rochester (IL) 38, [2017] Highland (IL) 34

dcaudle68 - just curious - when is the last time you saw Johnsburg play?

Last year, haven't seen them this year to be honest. Know they lost almost the entire starting offense though and Highland retuned everybody of note.

Which game? By the way, Johnsburg is better than last year. Just seems like you are down on them a bit - which is fine but I like their chances at making a deep run again.

Which game? By the way, Johnsburg is better than last year. Just seems like you are down on them a bit - which is fine but I like their chances at making a deep run again.
I'm not down on them. I saw them play Phillips and Rochester last year. I just think hey lost too much talent. Yes they have winning by similar scores this year but honestly they really don't have a tough schedule IMO for a 4A school. I can easily be wrong and will be happy to admit if so but I think Raby comes out of the north.

You are right the schedule is not good. They may not represent the north side of the bracket. Several quality teams. But, with that being said, they are BETTER than last year. It is going to take a really good team to beat them.

Bracket shift. Peotone is pretty solid, but Herscher mojo just took a hit.

4A north turned upside down tonight.
Johnsburg status quo.
Herscher, Morris and Dixon all lose.
Althoff beats a Texas team.
Rochester will still be the champ. Those guys should petition up anytime now.

4A north turned upside down tonight.
Johnsburg status quo.
Herscher, Morris and Dixon all lose.
Althoff beats a Texas team.
Rochester will still be the champ. Those guys should petition up anytime now.
Nic Baker has tossed 40 TDs and not interceptions this year. Someone on the SHG staff called him the best high school QB he's ever seen.

If Soucie is correct, Highland has a nice path to the semi finals. Althoff somehow gets Rochester in Round 2 again - who would get home field in that scenario?

In Soucie's bracket they both host the 1st round, therefore Rochester would host Althoff in the second round. (Same # of previous home games, higher seed hosts).

Reactions: crusader_of_90
Wanted to share Highland QB Garrett Marti's stats:
121/189 passing - 64%, for 2132 yards, which includes 28 touchdowns and 1 interception. He also have 815 yards on the ground on 78 carries.

The Bulldogs also averaged more than 50 points a game.

Wanted to share Highland QB Garrett Marti's stats:
121/189 passing - 64%, for 2132 yards, which includes 28 touchdowns and 1 interception. He also have 815 yards on the ground on 78 carries.

The Bulldogs also averaged more than 50 points a game.
That is impressive. Will certainly be a tough out!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT