ADVERTISEMENT

2A Final - Athens vs Wilmington

7-0 wilmo. 0:34 1st.

Is a dead ball personal foul not an automatic first down in HS?

Is it just me or does every single player on Wilmington look the exact same height and weight? They look identical just different numbers .

28-3 Wilmo. Athens got desparate and went for it deep in their own territory and got sacked at their own 2 on 4th down. Punched it in 3 plays later.

Just got home. Athens was good on the defensive front. Their misdirection offense caused a few issues, but they were shut down for the most part.
Kind of a signature Wilmo win. Not flashy, but effective.
Congratulations to the kids and coaches.

Re: earlier statement - Seneca was 100% the best team they faced. I’ll even say Wilmo was very fortunate to pull off that win.

hmmmmm. Looks like I was right....this was reference to Seneca vs Wilmo BTW
I didn’t want to put up any bulletin board material, but I also felt like after Wilmo escaped Seneca, they would win the next two without a ton of resistance.

Not surprised one but by the outcome of this game. People talk alot about Wilmington's offense but their defense was stifling throughout the playoffs. A great program.
Exactly. Just like Byron it's bad enough when you have to go up against an offense like that but then that defense too...they totally shut Mount Carmel down..

Exactly. Just like Byron it's bad enough when you have to go up against an offense like that but then that defense too...they totally shut Mount Carmel down..

^^this^^

For all the accolades Wilmo and Byron get for their offense, people sleep on the D. Byron D pitched almost perfect defensive game plans down the stretch and Wilmo was incredible too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT