ADVERTISEMENT

2023 NFL Draft Class: State of Illinois bred names to watch

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Again just wanted to compile a list of kids that have been listed on various draft boards......if you are away of any names missing and/or should be added post them here.

QB Aidan O'Connell Stevenson/Purdue
WR Jayden Reed Naperville Central/Michigan State
WR Charlie Jones Deerfield/Iowa/Purdue
TE Sam LaPorta Highland/Iowa
TE Jahleel Billingsley Phillips/Alabama/Texas
OL Peter Skoronski Maine South/Northwestern
OL John Michael Schmitz H-F/Minnesota
OL Nick Broeker SHG/Ole MIss
OL Dalton Wagner Richmond Burton/Arkansas
OL Chris Elmore Phillips/Syracuse
OL Johari Branch Phillips/EIU/Maryland
DE Lukas Van Ness Barrington/Iowa
S Antonio Johnson East St. Louis/Texas A&M
S Cameron Mitchell Bolingbrook/Northwestern
DB - CJ Coldon, Althoff/Wyoming/Oklahoma.
RB Xazavian Valladay Brother Rice/Wyoming/Arizona State

LaPorta early day 2. Antonio a bit later - a nice pice about his family and the support from the community after a house fire.
And this os cool too: CJ Coldon, a 2017 Althoff Catholic High School graduate, was signed by the Minnesota Vikings as an undrafted free agent on Saturday night.

A defensive back or cornerback, Coldon spent his first four college season as the University of Wyoming — where he earned his bachelor’s degree in American Studies — before playing his final collegiate campaign playing at the University of Oklahoma as a grad transfer.

So who's all been taken so far? I saw Reed, Skronski, LaPorta, and Mitchell but I can't keep up with all of em.

All.... Nick Broeker went in the seventh round and is going to the Buffalo Bills. 14 OG's guards were picked he was the 13th selected. Ratsy

Last edited:
I don’t know why Jahleel Billingsley gave up two years after pretty much not playing in 2022 at Texas after the transfer....well I have an idea but it would be speculation only. He had the golden ticket at Alabama....it’s a shame.

What happened to Antonio Johnson? I never really followed him outside of this board but people were projecting him as 1st rounder in the fall, how did he slide to the 5th round?

What happened to Antonio Johnson? I never really followed him outside of this board but people were projecting him as 1st rounder in the fall, how did he slide to the 5th round?
Only 1 Int in 3 seasons was a red flag. He became more of a tackle guy, tweener between safety and LB....5th round will still make him money. He should make the team and make even more money down the road.

Reactions: Gene K.
OLB Zaire Barnes to the Jets in the 6th round out of Carmel Catholic (‘18) and Western Michigan.

Great individual all around!

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT