ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Bears draft

agree. Jim Finks always had said build your rosters from the line out. Look at the top seeds in each conference, they both have dominant offensive lines.

I like the Bridgewater thing but it could be too pricey.

Finks was a genius.

If the focus of this team isn’t on three things this offseason everyone gets clipped.

QB
OL
TE

you realistically can add linebacker safety and wide receiver to this too.

Lots to fix but if you don’t address one and two on what I listed above it won’t matter.

not sure anyone could have succeeded behind this offensive line but Mitch has proven he isn’t an NFL level QB.

it’s a very good draft for QB.

Do they cut Mitch loose, sign Eli and draft a kid? Maybe not sign Eli but sign a veteran that can start right away.

Trade the house for Burrows. I am telling you this kid is the real deal. He will instantly make Cincinnati better. You heard here first.

If the focus of this team isn’t on three things this offseason everyone gets clipped.

QB
OL
TE

Why is DeShawn Watson winning with one of the worst NFL offensive lines in football?

No QB takes more hits than Watson.

They already picked up Floyd’s 5th year option.
Its only guaranteed for injury though. And he's healthy, so they can walk away free and clear. I'd try and extend him at a lower value for a 2-4 year deal. If he isn't interested, let him hit the open market. He probably can get 7-9M per year still on this market.

The Bears could probably create up to about 45M in salary but that's with a few extensions and cuts, but that's only 36 players, many of who are practice level guys. Then the 6-7 draft picks. They'd have major starting holes at OLB, CB, RG, S, and ILB, and they'd have only 1 OLB and 1 S TOTAL. That's also with your returning OT starters. Soooooo that 45M wouldn't be a lot to fill out all your holes and depth. They're definitely going to have to pick some spots this year, but also, they are going to have to pick their spot with a big splash or two and rounding out several rotational rolls with minimum salary players and rookies, or spreading out money on a handful of avergish to below veterans.

Why is DeShawn Watson winning with one of the worst NFL offensive lines in football?

No QB takes more hits than Watson.
For what its worth, they're winning season was probably pretty fluky. They put up -7 point differential.

Watson is pretty awesome though. They have yet to put up a top 10 offensive season though, so the clock will start ticking on O'Brien next season I think (assuming they don't make noise this post season).

Reactions: stonedlizard
Trade the house for Burrows. I am telling you this kid is the real deal. He will instantly make Cincinnati better. You heard here first.
There is no combination of Bears assets that would get you Burrows.

Besides Hurts stay away from picking Oregon's Justin Herbert. Very overrated and both wont make it in the NFL.

OK let's see who's paying attention and reading each post. To Snetsrak61 and Corey. His name is Joe Burrow. Not Burrows. You need to drop the "S" in his last name. If we are going to talk about a guy, let's at least get his name right. Thank you and carry on. Lol.

Reactions: Gene K.
Its only guaranteed for injury though. And he's healthy, so they can walk away free and clear. I'd try and extend him at a lower value for a 2-4 year deal. If he isn't interested, let him hit the open market. He probably can get 7-9M per year still on this market.

The Bears could probably create up to about 45M in salary but that's with a few extensions and cuts, but that's only 36 players, many of who are practice level guys. Then the 6-7 draft picks. They'd have major starting holes at OLB, CB, RG, S, and ILB, and they'd have only 1 OLB and 1 S TOTAL. That's also with your returning OT starters. Soooooo that 45M wouldn't be a lot to fill out all your holes and depth. They're definitely going to have to pick some spots this year, but also, they are going to have to pick their spot with a big splash or two and rounding out several rotational rolls with minimum salary players and rookies, or spreading out money on a handful of avergish to below veterans.
Yup...I know about the guarantees on the 5th year. They are in a tough spot with cap and draft picks.

OK let's see who's paying attention and reading each post. To Snetsrak61 and Corey. His name is Joe Burrow. Not Burrows. You need to drop the "S" in his last name. If we are going to talk about a guy, let's at least get his name right. Thank you and carry on. Lol.
I do not know the complete story about this but I like the spelling on his jersey.
59ead1d26c1036ac684b3bcc3d68cd93939a8dfceca7650f507cbf72d4637070.jpg

Reactions: mchsalumni
That's obviously why I said the Bears couldn't get him. He doesn't exist. :confused:o_O

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
I do not know the complete story about this but I like the spelling on his jersey.
59ead1d26c1036ac684b3bcc3d68cd93939a8dfceca7650f507cbf72d4637070.jpg
With LSU fandom, you may see some representation of the French part of the Cajun influence in Louisiana in print. The long O sound may be replaced in print by the letters "-eaux," which is the same sound in the French language. For example, when viewing an LSU game on television, the camera will usually pan to a sign held in the stadium: "GEAUX TIGERS" which is actually "GO TIGERS."

With LSU fandom, you may see some representation of the French part of the Cajun influence in Louisiana in print. The long O sound may be replaced in print by the letters "-eaux," which is the same sound in the French language. For example, when viewing an LSU game on television, the camera will usually pan to a sign held in the stadium: "GEAUX TIGERS" which is actually "GO TIGERS."
Well, yeah.

Today's press conference was a complete joke. But, no surprise.
Were you actually expecting something different?

Anything you want to know you'll see in their actions. They hold the PC cuz they have to and are going to do everything theybvsn to make it a boring meaningless nothing burger

Reactions: SiuCubFan8
Were you actually expecting something different?

Anything you want to know you'll see in their actions. They hold the PC cuz they have to and are going to do everything theybvsn to make it a boring meaningless nothing burger
I just said, no surprises.

In yet another bizarre wrinkle of today's year-end press conference, while Pace & Nagy were talking, Bears LB Roquan Smith crashed his Mercedes into a traffic pole on his way to Halas Hall--

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT