ADVERTISEMENT

North Suburban Conference Playoff Preview

DadCoachSports

Jun 29, 2020
Warren (8A)
I see the Blue Devils beating Oswego and either Lane/South Elgin advancing the the Quarterfinals before losing to Lincoln-way East.

Stevenson (8A)
The Patriots have a tough first round draw but it looks like the young Patriots have been improving every week. I see them beating Lyons and losing to York.

Lake Zurich (6A)
The Bears are not flashy but they get by with a solid defense and a controlled ground and pound offense. I see the Bears in Normal losing to East St Louis in the Finals. However, I could also see them losing in Round 2 to Kaneland.

Lake Forest (6A)
The Scouts have a nice draw in round 1 v Lake View which I see them winning. However I see them losing in round 2 v Geneva.

Libertyville (6A)
In one of the major upsets in the 1st round I see the Wildcats defeating Cary-Grove. I have head C-G is down and I am a big fan of Libertyville QB and their sophomore WR LaVista. I then see Libertyville defeating the HP/Mather winner before losing to Geneva in the Quarterfinals.

Pretty spot on IMO. Libertyville would be a big upset though. Last time they played CG they got trounced, I was there.

Reactions: msuyko
The NSC went 3-2 in the first round with the young Patriots and Wildcats losing. I expect to see both of them back and with strong squads in 2024.

Looking ahead to Round 2 for the NSC.....
Warren at South Elgin. I predict the Devils will run the ball and play stout defense in a 35-7 victory.

Geneva at Lake Forest. After a cupcake in round 1 I see the Scouts coming back down to reality and losing handily to a strong and getting healthier Vikings team. Geneva 42-7

Lake Zurich at Kaneland. The Bears had a scare in round 1 but their strong defense propelled them to a strong 2nd half. I feel the Bears have some life left in them and will ground and pound their way to victory 28-14.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT