ADVERTISEMENT

18th Anniversary of Dergo game

JCHS78

Mar 12, 2002
I haven’t been to a game at Morris sine the 2005 game. For those of us who were there we witnessed a once in a lifetime individual performance. Hands down, John Dergo had the greatest individual performance I have ever witnessed in my 55 years of watching high school football. I have told the story of his performance all these years since. This old time JCA guy says thanks John for the memories of your performance.

Go Hill!

I haven’t been to a game at Morris sine the 2005 game. For those of us who were there we witnessed a once in a lifetime individual performance. Hands down, John Dergo had the greatest individual performance I have ever witnessed in my 55 years of watching high school football. I have told the story of his performance all these years since. This old time JCA guy says thanks John for the memories of your performance.

Go Hill!
Thank you JCHS78
Now I really feel old! Hahahaha
He was a great HS player!

Always enjoyed reading about this legendary performance, anyone have his stat line for the game?
The play of the game was Morris had a 4th down at about their own 40. My memory is that there was a bad snap or a drop by Dergo while he was in punt formation. He picked up the ball and ran for a first down. I believe Morris then scored a touchdown a few plays later.

Last edited:
Me and the Mrs. got there at 4:30 to get in line before the gates opened. Lucky enough to get a seat on the JCA side. The Dergo play above happened right in front of us. Legendary game and performance.

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT