ADVERTISEMENT

what's the quickest score you've ever seen in a game?

Golden Warrior

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2005
Sterling scored a safety 6 seconds into their game vs Payton yesterday. The Payton return man bobbled the kickoff near the goal line, recovered and retreated into the end zone where he was tackled. Anyone ever see something like that before?

(and there was/is some debate on whether it should have been a touchback, but the officials called it a safety)

I believe the fastest I saw was in this year's regular season Rochester/Lincoln game. Rochester kicked off and on the first play from scrimmage pick sixed to the end zone. I think only 7 seconds total went off the clock.

Last week against Lincoln in the playoffs the Rockets got the ball first and on the 1st play QB Parker Gillespie took it 60 yards to the house. 13 seconds off the clock. I believe, also this season, against Lanphier they scored within the first 20 seconds of the game.

Reactions: rocketnation
1973 Quinn Buckner from Thornridge went 75 yards on a kickoff at Rich Central. 3 seconds flat. It may have been 1971 or was it 1972? Damn melon has been knocked around some. I do know we watched the mighty Quinn run free a ton that game.

Sterling scored a safety 6 seconds into their game vs Payton yesterday. The Payton return man bobbled the kickoff near the goal line, recovered and retreated into the end zone where he was tackled. Anyone ever see something like that before?

(and there was/is some debate on whether it should have been a touchback, but the officials called it a safety)
Can anyone post a video of the play? I’d love to see it.

Reactions: Sterling Warrior
Then I think they scored and it was 9-0 in the first minuet and a half. Then I think there were 14 points scored in Less than 2 minutes with 2 pick 6s before half

Last edited:
First thing that comes to mind is The 2nd round of the playoffs last season, St Francis threw a 70 yard TD to Dash Dorsey who now plays WR at Kent State on the first snap. was about 6-7 seconds, an in the QTR finals the next week their first offensive snap also went for a 70 yard TD which took about 7-8 seconds. Back to back weeks first snap touchdowns..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT