ADVERTISEMENT

Sterling football

Their school website makes to mention of an ACT test that day, but a big mention of the big craft beer tasting next month.. lol

Reactions: OrsonSHS91
I guarantee you Sterling is a very gracious host, and cares just as much about education as Viator, Sterling is an Elite school and when you see the campus you may have a different opinion. You sound like a spoiled brat for wanting to change thousands of people's schedules for 3 kids, It also sounds like your making excuses in advance too, what positions do these kids play? I'm curious?

Back to the ACT!? Ok how about this — Sterling will play the toughest game of the year thus far and St V has a chance to win this game, I’m sure the team nor the staff are discussing this drama. No one here who wants to talk football really cares about the test or how many movie theaters are in Sterling-

How about You can all argue at the damn fundraiser about the ACT

Edgy—please dump this thread to keep it off our timeline! We have send
Here are the facts, some kids will miss cause of the ACT and they need it done before Nov 1st deadline for college applications. Most games during the regular season are 5/730pm start times between lower level game and varsity. This game could be played at 3pm with Newman still playing at 7pm without any issues. Sterling has not been a gracious host. This is about the kids for both schools but they make it about them. They might have a great team this year, but lets play with both teams having all starters out there that are not injuried. Schools are suppose to agree on the day and start time. Sterling gave Viator no consideration on either. Well there is a play on Friday night(so what), park down the street if there is not enough parking. In the end, no class on Sterlings part what so ever. The IHSA didnt step in as well. Typical IHSA BS. On a side note, all classes 1A-8A should be seeded 1-32, then Sterling wouldnt have to worry about playing Viator in the first round.
so are safe to assume you won’t be participating in the fundraiser? I’m sure there is a Mikey D’s on the way

Reactions: Golden Warrior
I like the thread. It’s good reading for the plane Wi-Fi and intertaining! I vote NO FLUSH! Although Edgyland is not a democratic forum - so my vote is meaningless.

I guarantee you Sterling is a very gracious host, and cares just as much about education as Viator, Sterling is an Elite school and when you see the campus you may have a different opinion. You sound like a spoiled brat for wanting to change thousands of people's schedules for 3 kids, It also sounds like your making excuses in advance too, what positions do these kids play? I'm curious?

I am sure Sterling will put their best foot forward in hosting the game. And my hopes are that the tailgate is a huge success and much money is raised for a very worthy cause.

I don't know all the kids involved, but one of them is Christian Dolecki, who is second in my area in interceptions.

Last edited:
I think the key to this game will be the line play, if Viator is good at protecting the QB and he has time to throw, Sterling can give up passing yards, if not and he's not a mobil quick QB it's going to be a long night or should I say Day, for Viator.

It must have been an oversight for the families of the players involved in this ACT fiasco. Perhaps SVHS had a much better season than anticipated, and what was thought to be an open weekend became booked.

The onus is solely on them. What if SV had drawn a school that didn't have lights? The only option is Saturday day game??
Throwing a full blast tantrum because 98% of the others involved won't cater to the whims of the offended 2% is patently ridiculous, but I suppose it is where we are as a society these days.

change thousands of people schedules? its 2 hours or maybe just 1. you have already spent that much time defending the 1pm start time...

There are no excuses, We all know that Sterling is the real deal of a football team and a school. Have the curtesy to follow the rules of how the game is suppose to be scheduled. It is suppose to be agreed upon by both schools, not a one way deal. Being a spoiled brat is stating my opinoin, WOW. It is ok for all of us to listen to you guys, but when someone doesnt agree you get bent out of shape. In the end, this was not handled the right way, that is my beef. Why does a 2A school in your area get the 7pm game. Must be a bunch of spoiled brats at that school as well. How are we tying to change 1000's of peoples schedules. Isnt the game suppose to be played for the players, not the fans. What is best for all players involved??? We dont need excuses, if Viator loses they lose. We will never come back and say what if. We will play with the deck that is dealt, doesnt mean we have to like it. Good luck on Saturday!

Reactions: Quags57
There are no excuses, We all know that Sterling is the real deal of a football team and a school. Have the curtesy to follow the rules of how the game is suppose to be scheduled. It is suppose to be agreed upon by both schools, not a one way deal. Being a spoiled brat is stating my opinoin, WOW. It is ok for all of us to listen to you guys, but when someone doesnt agree you get bent out of shape. In the end, this was not handled the right way, that is my beef. Why does a 2A school in your area get the 7pm game. Must be a bunch of spoiled brats at that school as well. How are we tying to change 1000's of peoples schedules. Isnt the game suppose to be played for the players, not the fans. What is best for all players involved??? We dont need excuses, if Viator loses they lose. We will never come back and say what if. We will play with the deck that is dealt, doesnt mean we have to like it. Good luck on Saturday!

The rules were followed, thus the 1:00 start time

I'm pretty sure that the game is always on Saturday unless both teams agree to play Friday. The start time is not agreed upon it is set by the host school.

I'm pretty sure that the game is always on Saturday unless both teams agree to play Friday. The start time is not agreed upon it is set by the host school.

That may be true but most schools try to accommodate. For example the Southern teams are very good at working to find a time that works with the travel etc. specifically Edwardsville is great about Saturday late afternoon or evening etc to try and help the northern teams coming down to play. I sure hope the reverse it true and the northern teams accommodate for travel when they come up here.

Your right of course - They could be total A**H***S about it and pick 1pm start and force a 4am departure or an overnight stay ....but they choose not to be Asses. Imagine that?

Per the IHSA"The game must be played on Saturday, unless both schools agree to play the game on Friday. Friday games must not be scheduled during school hours. Saturday games must start between 1 pm and 7 pm. The schools must agree on the starting time of the game. If they cannot come to an agreement, the IHSA Office will set the starting time."

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
I just looked at the IHSA website and I was wrong in my previous post. It says that the game is on Saturday unless both agree on Friday. The game time must be agreed upon by both schools or the IHSA sets the time.

Edit- I see someone else looked as well!!

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
Sterling play kids have to be there at four. Yes there are football players in play. Imagine that, well rounded kids out in the sticks. So again, Friday night and Saturday night were not going to work for Sterling. Starting at 3 would not work.

Sorry Sterling is choosing to accommodate their kids before they accommodate St. Viator's. But guess what, that’s a perk they get for being 9-0. At this point, it’s too bad for any opposition players that don’t get to ride over with the team or potentially miss the game. I applaud them for taking their academics seriously. That is also their choice. Sterling has a lot going on and this time worked best. And like I said before, 2 o’clock was offered. There’s no debating that. That’s a fact no matter what anyone’s sources say. Now let’s just get to Saturday!

I wonder how many playoff games a year the IHSA has to come in and handle the business of the two schools for them?

I can assure you that the Godfthr did not have to look up the IHSA rule, as he knows the book as if it's a supplemental bible.

I just looked at the IHSA website and I was wrong in my previous post. It says that the game is on Saturday unless both agree on Friday. The game time must be agreed upon by both schools or the IHSA sets the time.

Edit- I see someone else looked as well!!

Have a hard time believing that Viator wouldn't have taken the 2pm over 1pm start if offered, and am very skeptical it was ever offered. Have to say that for the first time ever, I will be a Viator fan and hoping they make sterlings record 9-1 for the year!

Sterling play kids have to be there at four. Yes there are football players in play. Imagine that, well rounded kids out in the sticks. So again, Friday night and Saturday night were not going to work for Sterling. Starting at 3 would not work.

Sorry Sterling is choosing to accommodate their kids before they accommodate St. Viator's. But guess what, that’s a perk they get for being 9-0. At this point, it’s too bad for any opposition players that don’t get to ride over with the team or potentially miss the game. I applaud them for taking their academics seriously. That is also their choice. Sterling has a lot going on and this time worked best. And like I said before, 2 o’clock was offered. There’s no debating that. That’s a fact no matter what anyone’s sources say. Now let’s just get to Saturday!

Have a hard time believing that Viator wouldn't have taken the 2pm over 1pm start if offered, and am very skeptical it was ever offered. Have to say that for the first time ever, I will be a Viator fan and hoping they make sterlings record 9-1 for the year!

Why's that? Because Sterling didn't try to accommodate? how awful of them! they literally have no means of being able to do so or they would, quit putting this on Sterling and making them out to be the bad guy, it's not their fault, don't be a hater because someone failed to plan.

Reactions: Stable42
b95f1895-4eab-451b-97cd-8124bf0f531d.large.png

'Peter and the Starcatcher'
Saturday, October 28, 2017
7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Go to centennialauditorium.org or call 815-622-3248 for tickets or more information.

Reactions: OrsonSHS91
Hey, I heard there was a lot of good football to follow this Saturday...anyone else hear that?

FYI, St Viator has a play this weekend as well. The football players that are also in the play needed to make a decision. It's not just the Sterling players.

I wish we had a country where we didn't face financial ruin because our child was sick. And the very fine gesture of the Sterling fundraiser wouldn't even be needed because as a country we'd lift each other up. Instead, we as a country can literally kill the entire earth.

But anyways this is a great thread and I can't wait to see the results. Is this getting streamed anywhere?

Viator is climbing an uphill battle. Two RB's out/limited due to injury, best DB out due to ACT and best DE out last week due to injury. Not sure of his status this weekend. I know a lot of teams hurt this team of year but they are thin to begin with.

If Sterling's line (O & D) win the battle, it might be over early. Think of Naz a few weeks ago.

Reactions: TeeOH
Sterling @ Kaneland Saturday at 6. Why at 6 you ask?

Thor: Ragnarok premieres Friday so that night was out of the question. I have a brunch to attend Saturday from 11-2 so 1:00 wouldn't work. I'll need a nap afterwards so 3:00 is booked.

Looking forward to having the Sterling faithful at our place!

Great win by the boys against a good team. Let us be humble in victory as we have much left to prove. On the road next week against a foe who has had measure of us before. Look forward to next weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT