ADVERTISEMENT

Provi at JCA

Secondo1

Aug 29, 2011
Awfully quiet on the board here…
Maybe because it’s a pick’em game.
Maybe it’s because no one wants bulletin board fodder.
Maybe because both sides are so nice and cordial,they will go to Mass together before the geme then hold hands and pray over a pregame meal together at McBrides.
😂

Looks like the Celtics think they can smash Jca. I hope Jca shows up.
Thought they had more class than that; it's pretty disgusting that Plantz lets his players speak to the press this way before a game. Gonna be extremely embarrassing for the entire organization if JCA shuts 'em out again.

Reactions: rjjtwest
Thought they had more class than that; it's pretty disgusting that Plantz lets his players speak to the press this way before a game. Gonna be extremely embarrassing for the entire organization if JCA shuts 'em out again.
I think coaches are in a tough position when it comes to kids and the press. Should they say the kids are off limits? If kids are made available to the press the press is absolutely going to take advantage and bait kids into providing quotes and soundbites like this. Not saying this is for sure what happened here but I've seen it done and wouldn't trust the press around teenagers.

Looks like the Celtics think they can smash Jca. I hope Jca shows up.
stomp stomping GIF

I think coaches are in a tough position when it comes to kids and the press. Should they say the kids are off limits? If kids are made available to the press the press is absolutely going to take advantage and bait kids into providing quotes and soundbites like this. Not saying this is for sure what happened here but I've seen it done and wouldn't trust the press around teenagers.
Teenagers have been allowed to give interviews for as long as I can remember. I can tell you one thing, Cogs wouldn't have been okay with this reckless display of pre-game vanity. Just a really horrible look.

any way to read behind the paywall?
“We’re gonna stomp ‘em,” said junior Danny Jones, who made a bunch of big plays on defense. “They stomped us, but our offense is revamped, our defense is revamped. As long as we keep getting better.”

Said Jamari Tribett of the rematch with the Hilltoppers, “The first time we went to the game kinda blindsided. I wouldn’t say anything was missing. We were just putting the pieces to the puzzle together.

“I feel we’re better as a team and can take ‘em now. We’re just going to move forward and make it to state.”

Reactions: kkhawk
Teenagers have been allowed to give interviews for as long as I can remember. I can tell you one thing, Cogs wouldn't have been okay with this reckless display of pre-game vanity. Just a really horrible look.
Cogs was an old stick in the mud. Coach Plantz is of the younger generation and he understands how important pre-game swag is to these youngsters. He's the Deion Sanders of the CCL.

Cogs was an old stick in the mud. Coach Plantz is of the younger generation and he understands how important pre-game swag is to these youngsters. He's the Deion Sanders of the CCL.
Kudos. This might be the funniest thing I’ve read on here in awhile. LOL

Cogs was handed the keys to a Cadillac and handed over a used Hyundai to plantz. It's no mistake that he is in the semifinals both of his first 2 years. He insipires the kids to play for him. Winning with mostly underclassmen both years as well. He may not be everybody's cup of tee but neither is Jordan lynch. That seems to be working out quite well for lynch. I wouldn't be surprised if plantz has similar success. All that being said I think jca wins because they dominated the line of scrimmage in the 1st meeting I assume they will again.

Just playing devil's advocate here...

Cogs was the head coach for 16 seasons (06-21). Made the playoffs 11 times. Finished runner up in 2009. State champs in 2014.

This was all while completing in arguably the best football conference in Illinois.

Take into account the success their neighbors had too...JCA, LWE

And the openings of LWW and LWN.

“We’re gonna stomp ‘em,” said junior Danny Jones, who made a bunch of big plays on defense. “They stomped us, but our offense is revamped, our defense is revamped. As long as we keep getting better.”

Said Jamari Tribett of the rematch with the Hilltoppers, “The first time we went to the game kinda blindsided. I wouldn’t say anything was missing. We were just putting the pieces to the puzzle together.

“I feel we’re better as a team and can take ‘em now. We’re just going to move forward and make it to state.”
I want every kid on my team believing this. I’m not sure I want them on social media or legacy media spouting off about it. I’m old though.

Cogs was the head coach for 16 seasons (06-21). Made the playoffs 11 times. Finished runner up in 2009. State champs in 2014.

This was all while completing in arguably the best football conference in Illinois.

I'll give cogs this they always played a tough schedule but under performed alot. Know body that he coached was running through a wall for him. He was never a great leader and didn't bring the energy you need to be a great high school coach. I don't think the lincoln ways or jca have every really affected pc's talent pool. Its more of marist going coed and the cost of tuition. PC used to get a ton of talent form oak forest , tinley, orland and Homer Glen. Cogs didn't have that same success in those areas. Plantz has brought life to the program and made it a place where 8th graders want to go.

His first year Cogs (2006) they had a very good team but maybe the toughest schedule in the state. Losses were to LWE, MC, LA, and St. Rita twice. The losses to St. Rita were both a FG. The second loss to St. Rita was in the semi final. St. Rita won title 7A the next week. The St. Rita kicker's father (CPASTEVE) was a big poster here on Edgy.

Rising property taxes maybe are Providence Catholic's biggest challenge. 15k on top of property taxes is tough when you can go to one of Lincoln Way's for free.

Last edited:
His first year Cogs (2006) they had a very good team but maybe the toughest schedule in the state. Losses were to LWE, MC, LA, and St. Rita twice. The losses to St. Rita were both a FG. The second loss to St. Rita was in the semi final. St. Rita won title 7A the next week. The St. Rita kicker's father (CPASTEVE) was a big poster here on Edgy.

Rising property taxes maybe are Providence Catholic's biggest challenge. 15k on top of property taxes are tough when you can go to one of Lincoln Way's for free.
100% agree with tuition and taxes being a problem. Again when PC was pumping out state championships in football and wrestling the population in frankfort new Lenox and Mokena was nowhere near what it is today so I don't really see that as a factor. The lack students from oak forest, orland ,tinley and Homer and even palos is the biggest difference. Most of them go public or to marist. But winning cures all if kids from Mokena and orland are going to 64th and Dante to win and get exposure they will definitely start going to providence if plantz continues to trend upwards. PC is going to bring back like 15 or 16 starters or something like that next year so I assume they will be better then they are this year.

100% agree with tuition and taxes being a problem. Again when PC was pumping out state championships in football and wrestling the population in frankfort new Lenox and Mokena was nowhere near what it is today so I don't really see that as a factor. The lack students from oak forest, orland ,tinley and Homer and even palos is the biggest difference. Most of them go public or to marist. But winning cures all if kids from Mokena and orland are going to 64th and Dante to win and get exposure they will definitely start going to providence if plantz continues to trend upwards. PC is going to bring back like 15 or 16 starters or something like that next year so I assume they will be better then they are this year.
Serious question. How has his sideline demeanor been this year? I know he lost his cool on the sidelines in the championship game last year and that seemed to be the beginning of the snowball of PC falling apart and SHG pulling away in that game.

I assume he has composed himself more this season?

The game is going to be close and, like most big games, a few key coaching decisions, turnovers, or big plays will be the difference.

Cogs was handed the keys to a Cadillac and handed over a used Hyundai to plantz. It's no mistake that he is in the semifinals both of his first 2 years. He insipires the kids to play for him. Winning with mostly underclassmen both years as well. He may not be everybody's cup of tee but neither is Jordan lynch. That seems to be working out quite well for lynch. I wouldn't be surprised if plantz has similar success. All that being said I think jca wins because they dominated the line of scrimmage in the 1st meeting I assume they will again.
How do you have mostly underclassmen two years in a row

Reactions: USD24 and penlight
How do you have mostly underclassmen two years in a row
The previous head coach had mailed it in. The the football program had extremely low numbers. Last year they had something like 6 or 7 sophomores starting. This year I think it's 5 sophomore and a freshman starting.

Is Dillan Johnson older than a typical high school senior? Asking the JCA guys here that may know the answer to this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT