ADVERTISEMENT

Prep Bowl Playoffs this week

crazylegs777

Oct 18, 2023
I'm so excited the playoffs are in full force & to add to them the Prep Bowl Playoffs start this week!!! Here are the games I have.Feel free to add to them,correct me,share in my excitement or complain how unfair the Prep Bowl is lol.City Playoffs:Taft vs Whitney Young Friday at Lane.Simeon vs Amundsen Saturday at Lane.Phillips vs Lane not at Lane but at Winnemac Saturday.Is Hanson ever going to be in use btw? Catholic playoffs:Thursday De Paul @ Marist.Thursday Niles Notre Dame @ De La Salle. Friday Chicago Heights Marian Catholic @ Chicago St.Patrick

I guess Benet & Fenwick not participating? Can someone tell me why the CPS teams eliminated from the state playoffs aren't in the city playoffs? What about 5-4 Noble Rauner & 5-4 King who both should have made the state playoffs? Is this another one of the stupid rules from King of CPS?

I guess Benet & Fenwick not participating? Can someone tell me why the CPS teams eliminated from the state playoffs aren't in the city playoffs? What about 5-4 Noble Rauner & 5-4 King who both should have made the state playoffs? Is this another one of the stupid rules from King of CPS?
I think you have to be in the highest CPL division to be eligible. It is similar to the basketball tournament that has different levels.

Reactions: crazylegs777
From what I can tell, the CPS is now treating the prep bowl as it's "CPL Playoffs"

The winner of the CPS-side of the prep bowl will be the city champ, and they will play in the prep bowl.

I could be wrong, just going off of what I am seeing on the CPL website.

Rant:
CPS athletics is just an absolute disaster when it comes to organization/messaging. The last post on their twitter is some "congratulations" from September to two female football coaches coaching against each other for the first time ever. They are jumping up and down in the handshake line with excitement as the greet eachother. One of those teams (Fenger) went 0-9 with a forfeit to end the season. The other, Washington, played 6 games with the only win against Fenger. Feel bad for those Fenger kids watching their coach celebrate in that line.

Correction: Apparently that was from last year. It was the first thing I saw when I opened their twitter profile.

• Haha
Reactions: Gene K.
I'm so excited the playoffs are in full force & to add to them the Prep Bowl Playoffs start this week!!! Here are the games I have.Feel free to add to them,correct me,share in my excitement or complain how unfair the Prep Bowl is lol.City Playoffs:Taft vs Whitney Young Friday at Lane.Simeon vs Amundsen Saturday at Lane.Phillips vs Lane not at Lane but at Winnemac Saturday.Is Hanson ever going to be in use btw? Catholic playoffs:Thursday De Paul @ Marist.Thursday Niles Notre Dame @ De La Salle. Friday Chicago Heights Marian Catholic @ Chicago St.Patrick
What about Kenwood?

What about Kenwood?
They might have a bye week?

Prep bowl is on the 24th... so my guess is

Round 1 this weekend
Semis 10th/11th
"city championship" on the 17th/18th
Prep Bowl 24th.

If that's correct, they just need one more team for the semis. I would assume it's Kenwood, unless Morgan Park losses this weekend and theyre in? Who knows, what a mess lol.

Reactions: GhostOfTheGhhost
From what I can tell, the CPS is now treating the prep bowl as it's "CPL Playoffs"

The winner of the CPS-side of the prep bowl will be the city champ, and they will play in the prep bowl.

I could be wrong, just going off of what I am seeing on the CPL website.

Rant:
CPS athletics is just an absolute disaster when it comes to organization/messaging. The last post on their twitter is some "congratulations" from September to two female football coaches coaching against each other for the first time ever. They are jumping up and down in the handshake line with excitement as the greet eachother. One of those teams (Fenger) went 0-9 with a forfeit to end the season. The other, Washington, played 6 games with the only win against Fenger. Feel bad for those Fenger kids watching their coach celebrate in that line.

Correction: Apparently that was from last year. It was the first thing I saw when I opened their twitter profile.
You looking at the right Twitter account? Looks like a flag football post is most recent

Take top 64 teams regardless of conference.Start week 9.Prep Bowl week after state
0.0 chance you could get 64 CPL teams to field full teams after game 9. Honestly, I would bet you couldn't get 20 CPL teams to play that long. Most of the teams outside of those top 10-15 struggle to get kids to practice weekly during the season. Getting the numbers when it gets cold and rainy would be nearly impossible. I've been sitting in the stands watching a team warm up, only to find out the other team isn't coming and there will be a FF. The current way is the best way. Especially, since the CPL has promotion and relegation within conferences. Win, and you get to play for a CPL championship. Can't seem to understand how that isn't fair.

Reactions: eireog
Who's in the Prep Bowl playoffs for those of us who care?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT