ADVERTISEMENT

CPL Playoff Pick 'EM WEEK 1

GhostOfTheGhhost

May 14, 2018
CPL Playoffs are here! No need for any small talk...ON TO THE PICKS!

Taft vs Whitney Young Friday at Lane.
A group of dolphins is called a Pod. A group of eagles is called a Convocation. Pods remind of peas. I hate peas.
Eagles!

Simeon vs Amundsen Saturday at Lane.

Last year Simeon beat Taft in a close CPL Championship game. This year Simeon has Amundsen in a first round CPL playoff game. Amundsen plays at Winnemac Stadium. What do these things have in common? Nothing. The thing about this game that sticks out to me is that it isn't at Winnemac. It's supposed to be a beautiful Chicago fall day on Saturday and fans of this one get treated to non working bathrooms and muffled announcers instead of watching lululemon wearing, pumpkin spice latte drinking, dog walking, baby carriage pushers... Not fair.
Blue! And Gold!

Phillips vs Lane Saturday at Winnemac

I had a math teacher in high school named Mr. Phillips. Taught first period trigonometry my junior year. School started at 7:30. Announcements started at 7:30. Mr. Phillips used to walk in during announcements with his ceramic coffee cup filled with steaming coffee. Used to sit down at his desk. Open the bottom right drawer, pull out a bottle of whiskey, and then set it on his desk. Unscrew it, pour a generous amount in his coffee, cap it, then put it back in the drawer just in time for the announcements to end. With that, he would pop up and start teaching trig. Every day for the entire school year. Dude taught 30+ years, doing this every day as far as I know. No one ever questioned anything, at least when I was in school. Ahhhh, sweet high school memories....
Phillips!

Bonus IHSA Playoff Pick!
Morgan Park vs Sycamore

Morgan Park is a CPS Neighborhood School. I pull for neighborhood schools. Plus Sycamore is a tree. I hate trees this time of year. Being all soft when it gets cold and bailing on everything by dropping leaves and hibernating while the rest of us have to deal with these Chicago winters...Screw you trees!
Pumpkin Heads!

Reactions: forlouann
CPL Playoffs, wish they were Wednesday and Thursday, but I'll take it!

Taft vs Whitney Young Friday at Lane.
Friend of a friend of a friend loved the Young job about 7 years ago. Real sweet talker this guy was, was convinced that that should be able to get him the job. So he applies and actually gets an interview. Guy heads back north and meets us at the Hig after. So how'd it go buddy? "Well I told Dr. Jenner, I'm her guy, I got all the plans to right this ship." Everyone starts cracking up up, "No you didn't!" Guy responds "Damn straight I did." Everyone is dying, "You called her by the wrong name?" Guy, "Oh sh*t!" Hats off to him, what an idiot. Must have been Racking his brain all night trying to come up with a good apology email! You guessed it, he didn't get the gig. Fingers!

Simeon vs Amundsen Saturday at Lane.
The unadulterated pushing of your PSL agenda is insufferable, as much as the inability to not get the vision of all those lululemon leggings running through view on a crisp fall after noon. So conflicted in this one, Simeon is down, hurting after they lose their head coach before the season. Amundsen on the rise, getting featured on Fox Friday game day, only to lay an egg against Lane. Give me Simeon on a 2 pt conversion, 8-6...

Phillips vs Lane Saturday at Winnemac
Favorite thing about Lane besides that dumpster wreck of a stadium, are the red coats that haunt the joint. I have discussed that before so that takes me to my third favorite item... Their coach taking to the good ol face CPL group to complain about "key injuries" after they lose a big game. Dude whines more than any coach I have seen in that group, then follows it up with, "but it's no excuse". Hahahaha Sure seems like it bud. Phillips so I can enjoy the book of faces over coffee Sunday morning!

Bonus IHSA Playoff Pick!
Morgan Park vs Sycamore

Nothing I can sycamore to make me happy than Morgan Park advancing, and lengthening the talk of CPL taking the state playoffs by storm. Let's go Mustangs!

CPS teams would have a game on Saturday,IHSA playoff game that following Wednesday get beat,City Playoff Game that Saturday win,City Playoff game following Wednesday win then City Playoff game Saturday then if they won just 1 game week following.Julian played in the Prep Bowl i think they won but ended up playing 16 games

Reactions: GhostOfTheGhhost
The unadulterated pushing of your PSL agenda is insufferable, as much as the inability to not get the vision of all those lululemon leggings running through view on a crisp fall after noon. So conflicted in this one, Simeon is down, hurting after they lose their head coach before the season. Amundsen on the rise, getting featured on Fox Friday game day, only to lay an egg against Lane. Give me Simeon on a 2 pt conversion, 8-6...
PSL Agenda! HA! Did I ever mention the coach I saw at Winnemac doing backpedals, with what I can only assume was a PSL in hand, before a game? Watched him do those for awhile, then devour a pocket meat stick! Damn I love CPL football!

Reactions: thecpsblog
2 games being played at Lane & Lane plays at Winnemac lol.Any news on Hanson Stadium?

I keep hearing about renovations.Who is still alive in the City Playoffs? Who got a bye? And if both teams get knocked out are the back in? Kenwood a bye?
6 of the 8 teams are playing this week. MP is still in the IHSA playoffs. Kenwood is the highest seed not in the IHSA playoffs, so they get the bye.

I’ve heard renovations as well. Nothing done yet

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT