ADVERTISEMENT

Predict Your Team's Record

WSCC - Who do you have naz losing to? I assume one is JCA, is the other CoM? Or are you just thinking more generally that is the way it will shake up?

I am very skeptical about their oline, I have been asking around who is going to be the starting group, and it sounds like they are moving players to the oline out of necessity, even if those players perform they will still be thin. Having that big of a question mark on the oline always makes me nervous. I said 7-2 because I think they will lose to JCA and I was leaving room for one of those typical random ESCC midseason loses to a team like Benet or Marist.

I am very skeptical about their oline, I have been asking around who is going to be the starting group, and it sounds like they are moving players to the oline out of necessity, even if those players perform they will still be thin. Having that big of a question mark on the oline always makes me nervous. I said 7-2 because I think they will lose to JCA and I was leaving room for one of those typical random ESCC midseason loses to a team like Benet or Marist.

Naz has 3 players with Div1 offers that will be playing OL. It's correct that two did not play OL last year but that's not abnormal when you graduate 5 starters. I don't think Naz will EVER see an OL like that again but I don't think this version will be below average, I'd suspect average at worst out of the '15 group. I think depth is certainly a concern there but isn't depth always a concern when Naz is good? I haven't made my prediction yet and I'm not even sure you're wrong with a 7-2 prediction but I think most schools would kill for 3 d1 kids in their OL.

Naz has 3 players with Div1 offers that will be playing OL. It's correct that two did not play OL last year but that's not abnormal when you graduate 5 starters. I don't think Naz will EVER see an OL like that again but I don't think this version will be below average, I'd suspect average at worst out of the '15 group. I think depth is certainly a concern there but isn't depth always a concern when Naz is good? I haven't made my prediction yet and I'm not even sure you're wrong with a 7-2 prediction but I think most schools would kill for 3 d1 kids in their OL.

Im not bashing, trying to objective as possible. High school football is won in the trenches, and when its only June and an entire championship oline needs to be replace I think its ok to hold a little caution. Predicting a loss to a possible 5A favorite and a random hard loss in a tough ESCC is not that wild of a prediction. I think they are the runner up favorite for 5A.

Reactions: DeanOfSelection
Looking at Naz schedule-no ND or Com. Bloomington was 2-7 last year. I will also say 7-2 losses to JC and another somewhere along the line.

Date
Opponent Result
08/287:30p
@ Bloomington (Bloomington, IL)
Preview
Game

09/051:30p
Leo (Chicago, IL)
Game Details: Nazareth
Preview
Game

09/117:00p
St. Patrick (Chicago, IL)
Game Details: Nazareth Academy
Preview
Game

09/187:30p
@ Marian Central Catholic (Woodstock, IL)
Game Details: Woodstock Marian Central Catholic HS
Preview
Game

09/257:00p
Marian Catholic (Chicago Heights, IL)
Preview
Game

10/027:00p
Benet Academy (Lisle, IL)
Preview
Game

10/097:30p
@ Joliet Catholic Academy (Joliet, IL)
Game Details: Joliet Catholic Academy, Joliet Memorial Stadium
Preview
Game

10/167:00p
Marist (Chicago, IL)
Preview
Game

10/237:30p
@ Saint Viator (Arlington Heights, IL)
Game Details: St. Viator HS, Forest View Stadium

Looking at Naz schedule-no ND or Com. Bloomington was 2-7 last year. I will also say 7-2 losses to JC and another somewhere along the line.

Date
Opponent Result
08/287:30p
@ Bloomington (Bloomington, IL)
Preview
Game

09/051:30p
Leo (Chicago, IL)
Game Details: Nazareth
Preview
Game

09/117:00p
St. Patrick (Chicago, IL)
Preview
Game

09/187:30p
@ Marian Central Catholic (Woodstock, IL)
Game Details: Woodstock Marian Central Catholic HS
Preview
Game

09/257:00p
Marian Catholic (Chicago Heights, IL)
Preview
Game

10/027:00p
Benet Academy (Lisle, IL)
Preview
Game

10/097:30p
@ Joliet Catholic Academy (Joliet, IL)
Game Details: Joliet Catholic Academy, Joliet Memorial Stadium
Preview
Game

10/167:00p
Marist (Chicago, IL)
Preview
Game

10/237:30p
@ Saint Viator (Arlington Heights, IL)
Game Details: St. Viator HS, Forest View Stadium

I love seeing all those 7pm at Home, although I am going to miss Saturday afternoon football badly. It was always nice to get to chose a good game to go watch Friday night and then Naz saturday.

I think Nazareth loses once, to JCA.

The line doesnt scare me much, as I'm supremely confident in the kids sliding around, as well as some kids to step in. Yes, HS football is won and lost in the trenches, but I don't see Nazareth's group losing against too many ESCC defensive lines. It's not going to be a complete failure along the front, there is plenty of big tough bodies.

If they do, lose a battle here or there, the playmakers have that elite talent - like holy sh!t did you see that move talent. I'll take my chances on a Love or Ivory busting a one on one tackle, as again, I don't see a bumbling unit, despite the turnover.

Lastly, this talk of trenches, the Roadrunners return one of the top DL in the state, including a kid that's a freak, and gonna blow up in 2015. The unit is the type that can win you games, notably with D1 talent behind them.

I think Nazareth loses once, to JCA.

The line doesnt scare me much, as I'm supremely confident in the kids sliding around, as well as some kids to step in. Yes, HS football is won and lost in the trenches, but I don't see Nazareth's group losing against too many ESCC defensive lines. It's not going to be a complete failure along the front, there is plenty of big tough bodies.

If they do, lose a battle here or there, the playmakers have that elite talent - like holy sh!t did you see that move talent. I'll take my chances on a Love or Ivory busting a one on one tackle, as again, I don't see a bumbling unit, despite the turnover.

Lastly, this talk of trenches, the Roadrunners return one of the top DL in the state, including a kid that's a freak, and gonna blow up in 2015. The unit is the type that can win you games, notably with D1 talent behind them.

Can't wait to see the defense. It returns a lot. 2 DL already with division 1 offers with another in my mind to see plenty when all is said and done.

epic you have better inside info than me hopefully thats the case, I dont think any one is suggesting a complete failure on the oline this season. They just have some really big shoes to fill and their are no returning starters, was my concern.

but Im amazed how far naz has come, once an all girls school to now competing for conference with JCA and state. And now a 7-2 prediction is seen as a slight to them haha.. think about 10 years ago if you were to say naz would go 7-2 and compete with JCA for the title..pretty cool.

For MC I will say 8-1 regular season. Playing at LA always tough although they get them after 2 virtual bye weeks. Worked well last year. Just don't see MC going undefeated last time went 14-0 was 17 years ago and last undefeated regular season was 8 years ago.

Dean:

I think LA goes 7-2 or better.

epic you have better inside info than me hopefully thats the case, I dont think any one is suggesting a complete failure on the oline this season. They just have some really big shoes to fill and their are no returning starters, was my concern.

but Im amazed how far naz has come, once an all girls school to now competing for conference with JCA and state. And now a 7-2 prediction is seen as a slight to them haha.. think about 10 years ago if you were to say naz would go 7-2 and compete with JCA for the title..pretty cool.

I know you didn't mean it as a slight, nor should anyone. Also not suggesting you said it would be a complete failure. It just would take a complete dud to nullify the extreme talent elsewhere, and I don't see that as the case.

It's amazing how far the school has come. 8-1 in the PSL was a big deal when I was there, now that's laughable to me. Really something crazy.

Anywhere between 6-3 to 9-0. Potential losses from Oswego, Naperville Central, and St. Charles North or Geneva. Definitely 7A come playoff time with 1990 enrollment. Bigger than Geneva for the first time in a long while.

Palatine goes 7-2 again and surprises everyone in the MSL West ..again...except the people at Palatine. MSL West will be between Palatine & Conant next fall.

Fun now to look back and see how accurate your prognostication was...Mine was 7-2 for Palatine with them winning another MSL West championship....and oh look...that's exactly what they did!

How did everyone else's crystal ball turn out?

Last edited:
HC game can be won. Similarly,DGS game can be lost. I see anywhere from 6-3 to 8-1 (with a few bounces our way).

Looking back, I think I was pretty much right on. However, did not see Willowbrook being trip upteam (versus my prediction of DGS). In the end, HS record about what I thought going in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT