1 @McHenry
3 @ Benet
4 Marist
5 @ Viator
6 Marian Central
7 @ Pats
8 @Marian
9 Com

McHenry? Lol we're really trying for 5 wins aren't we? OK, in all honesty (assuming Evanston game is on) ND will probably lose to Benet and Carmel (they shouldn't lose to Carmel but if Chris James couldn't beat Carmel then unless there's :00 on the clock in the 4th qtr and ND is ahead I won't believe ND can beat Carmel ever). ND is favorites vs. everyone else.

McHenry? Lol we're really trying for 5 wins aren't we? OK, in all honesty (assuming Evanston game is on) ND will probably lose to Benet and Carmel (they shouldn't lose to Carmel but if Chris James couldn't beat Carmel then unless there's :00 on the clock in the 4th qtr and ND is ahead I won't believe ND can beat Carmel ever). ND is favorites vs. everyone else.
I would say Marist is only other team on the schedule that could give them trouble

In retrospect, MC lost twice to PC last year, lost to Rita, has to play at LA this year, lost to Rice and Rice sophs only lost to MC by 1 but MC had zero sophs up and Rice had key people up. I will say another 5-4 year but now with 8A and proper 1-32 first round loss so 5-5 heading into Prep Bowl Playoffs. Probably finish 7-6.

That little meatball of a back at GN is going to be nuts this year, IMO. The line needs to be great though as the QB situation is unproven

That little meatball of a back at GN is going to be nuts this year, IMO. The line needs to be great though as the QB situation is unproven
I think they have another back that will at least be splitting carries with Tricase.

I think they have another back that will at least be splitting carries with Tricase.

That's going to be a dangerous running game if so.

All comes down to OL play in the DVC though, notably against a team like WWS.

I'm starting to have a better feeling about this JCA team. I am sensing an 8-1.

Right now, I think Naz and CoM are pick-ems and we head to PC the underdog. However, if we stop the run against PC, win that game, this JCA team will be a tough out...that is my early feeling..and one that has changed recently.

LA: 1-13.
The Ramblers will successfully roll through the season until an over-inflated football incident will come to light. They'll pin it on their manager, Petey McCracken, who'll take the fall just before the final game. Petey tried to help his team, but is a notorious screw-up, even getting the inflation trick backwards. When Piotr Krzyklyzczski's punts keep hitting cars on the Edens on-ramp, an investigation begins. The team's disqualification and forfeiture of all wins by the IHSA will be successfully overturned by the Honorable William Donovan in a two-minute summary judgment. Later it'll be revealed that the judge is Petey's mother's college-roommates' ex-boyfriend's neighbor's drinking buddy, as well as his godfather. They'll play the quickly-assembled East-St-Louis-Edwardsville-Cahokia co-op in the championship game. Ramblers will stifle the Flying Tiger Comanches with their patented shut-down defense 6-3 in a driving hailstorm.

I think MCC goes 3-6 this year. Going to be a rough season this year. Have some really talented seniors mainly at skill positions, but lack of good line play on both sides of the ball will kill them. Also not much coming up in this junior class. Doesn't help that we are going into this expected down year with a new coaching staff. I expect Dineen to be a beast though!
MCC goes 5 -4 New coach will have a few weapons I assume the QB will be KR and RB EP will be a nice 1 2 punch running the ball in the new offense. How soon the players buy into the new coaches philosophy. A learning experience for both players and new head coach. Potential is there to be very competitive.

MCC goes 5 -4 New coach will have a few weapons I assume the QB will be KR and RB EP will be a nice 1 2 punch running the ball in the new offense. How soon the players buy into the new coaches philosophy. A learning experience for both players and new head coach. Potential is there to be very competitive.

You know budmayr wont be there next year right? And I don't know about Rominski, great kid and hard worker, but I don't know how it will work out. And ya I agree there is some skill at the skill positions, but in the ESCC line play is important, and they do not have any talent in the O line coming back. I'm curious to see who you have them beating. I have them beating South, but wouldn't be surprised if they lose that one, Marian, and then St. Pat's.

You know budmayr wont be there next year right? And I don't know about Rominski, great kid and hard worker, but I don't know how it will work out. And ya I agree there is some skill at the skill positions, but in the ESCC line play is important, and they do not have any talent in the O line coming back. I'm curious to see who you have them beating. I have them beating South, but wouldn't be surprised if they lose that one, Marian, and then St. Pat's.
lkhammer,

Where did Budmayr go? Seems like an ominous sign...no?

I don't think anything is for sure, but I heard Lake Zurich. I heard Viator was an option, but that ended up not working out. And Lake Zurich makes sense because Proffitt was the coach at MCC before Brucker.

Hinsdale South 7-2

The GBW match up in week 2 will be a great one. They have a tough schedule but they're good enough to handle it. South's first 3 games are not easy... @ Romeoville, @ Glenbard West and @ Downers Grove South. If they come out of that 2-1 then they're in good shape. If they come out of that 1-2 they will still make the playoffs. If they come out of that 0-3, which they won't, but if they do then they'll have to rattle 6 wins in a row to make the playoffs.

Losses: Glenbard West & Hinsdale Central.

Tough match ups: Romeoville (They'll be good this year, solid Junior class), Downers Grove South (always tough, this game in week 3 will be another slug fest like last year), Addison Trail (They won't repeat last year, that team was special but they'll still be good) and Willowbrook (Regardless of Willowbrook's record they're never an "easy" opponent, they're always a threat to put up points)

Guaranteed wins: Morton, Proviso East & Leyden

HC game can be won. Similarly,DGS game can be lost. I see anywhere from 6-3 to 8-1 (with a few bounces our way).

Reactions: Wild_Mustang
HC game can be won. Similarly,DGS game can be lost. I see anywhere from 6-3 to 8-1 (with a few bounces our way).

All Hinsdale South has to do is make the playoffs...they're battle tested all year by playing bigger school, it prepares them for the playoffs. Just win 6 and they can always make noise. They're a team I do not want to see in the playoffs, unless you are on Naz's level of last year.

All Hinsdale South has to do is make the playoffs...they're battle tested all year by playing bigger school, it prepares them for the playoffs. Just win 6 and they can always make noise. They're a team I do not want to see in the playoffs, unless you are on Naz's level of last year.
They got beat pretty good by a team with half their enrollment last year, just saying.

Enrollment aside, St Francis was a pretty good team. If you saw the game you would realize that we had a 14-7 game mid 2nd quarter when SF made a series of unreal plays that just broke HS spirit.

Furthermore, I don't recall many people picking HS over DeKalb to get to elite 8 matchup with SF.

HS core last year mostly juniors. So should have a very solid team. However, with GBW as crossover game , regular season schedule a bit tougher this year. Come playoff time, HS should be a tough out.

Glenbard West should be loaded this year. No reason to not predict 14-0 or 13-1, in 7A or 8A. But honestly, can't wait for the season to start. The upcoming National Select 7 on 7 at WWS should be a good tune up for all fans.

They got beat pretty good by a team with half their enrollment last year, just saying.

Also, St. Francis' enrollment was 1333, HS was 1629...not "half their enrollment".

But St. Francis was the better team that day...regardless of enrollment. I think SIUfan mistook what I said....I said all South has to do is get into the playoffs and they'll make noise, which they did. They went to the quarterfinals, that's a pretty solid season to be in the top 8. But as the saying goes, haters hate.

Also, St. Francis' enrollment was 1333, HS was 1629...not "half their enrollment".

But St. Francis was the better team that day...regardless of enrollment. I think SIUfan mistook what I said....I said all South has to do is get into the playoffs and they'll make noise, which they did. They went to the quarterfinals, that's a pretty solid season to be in the top 8. But as the saying goes, haters hate.
It's all good, i misinterpreted a post.
I was speaking on actual enrollment but anyways.

Coalers should go 8-1. Lone loss will be a really good Plano team but CC always plays them really good so 9-0 is a possibility.

Rice 7-2 best case (perhaps 6-3) Hopefully they'll get Marist in 2nd round who I predict at 6-3

Blue is a crapshoot this year. Rice Of Michigan always tough but they lost a ton - don't know much about Crete

Reactions: biglatte
ALL... I have a question which gets answered different often. Will Montini play in 7A (due to the success factor) next season even if they don't make it to the championship game this year? Ratsy

yes as they have been to 5A title 6 seasons in a row. You can only leap 1 class a year or they would be 7A this year-hence 6A 2015, 7A 2016.

Last edited:
Fenwick goes 6-3 and continues to build under Nudo. There may not be the star power people are looking for but Nudo has them playing selfless tough football and they surprise most on Friday nights.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT