ADVERTISEMENT

Phillips 22 Herscher 13 half

We had too many guys going both ways, potential all state RB/LB went out early and that really hurt on both sides of the ball

that's coz you guys have a bowndary to deal with

Yeah, but our kids competed and game was closer than the score says.. we return a quite a bit, about 7 on offense and 5 or 6 on defense.. I really think we are the 4th best team in 4A this year, return more than the 3 teams that are better.. though those 3 have shown the ability to attract new talent better than we do.. 2017 should be another good year.

Yeah, but our kids competed and game was closer than the score says.. we return a quite a bit, about 7 on offense and 5 or 6 on defense..

So no where in your posts have you said Phillips played a great game congrats to them and good luck in the next round. Is that so damn hard to do?

So no where in your posts have you said Phillips played a great game congrats to them and good luck in the next round. Is that so damn hard to do?

Obviously they have talent... I am being polite and taking the high road on Phillips... is that ok?

Not at all, we played great all year and last night was no different..

Its funny that all week you talked down about our kids, yapped about how they would lose to 5-4 Coal City and couldn't contend for a trip to Champaign.. they proved you wrong, perhaps you should comment about being wrong and saying what a great year our kids had.. Unlike you, I said nothing bad about the Phillips kids, just didnt want it to turn into an Althoff type thread..

Not at all, we played great all year and last night was no different..

Its funny that all week you talked down about our kids, yapped about how they would lose to 5-4 Coal City and couldn't contend for a trip to Champaign.. they proved you wrong, perhaps you should comment about being wrong and saying what a great year our kids had.. Unlike you, I said nothing bad about the Phillips kids, just didnt want it to turn into an Althoff type thread..

Yes they're on the couch now but they proved me wrong! There you go again shifting conversation back to you. Turn the spotlight up!

Yes they're on the couch now but they proved me wrong! There you go again shifting conversation back to you. Turn the spotlight up!

Well no, I was talking about our kids... you and the other guy are the ones attempting to make this personal.. nice try though.. we had a great year, most picked us 3rd or 4th in the conference, we ended up dominating the conference and giving the defending state champs a scare in the quarters, and with a team that plays a lot of juniors..

Well no, I was talking about our kids... you and the other guy are the ones attempting to make this personal.. nice try though.. we had a great year, most picked us 3rd or 4th in the conference, we ended up dominating the conference and giving the defending state champs a scare in the quarters, and with a team that plays a lot of juniors..

we know you had a "great year" you've only mentioned it a ton of times because you want people to care, they don't. And it can't be personal, I've never met you, I've only heard horror stories.

we know you had a "great year" you've only mentioned it a ton of times because you want people to care, they don't. And it can't be personal, I've never met you, I've only heard horror stories.

I will play along.. where did I say our team was great?? I hardly mentioned them on here..

Great game played by 2 great teams with great coaches and a ton of talent.

#85 is a really good ball player, even though I felt he got away with quite a few questionable calls. It's extremely difficult to defend a 6'8" WR on the high school level, #4 from Phillips did a solid job despite giving up a foot in height.

Herscher has to be the favorites or at least in the top 3 to win 4A next season.

Great game played by 2 great teams with great coaches and a ton of talent.

#85 is a really good ball player, even though I felt he got away with quite a few questionable calls. It's extremely difficult to defend a 6'8" WR on the high school level, #4 from Phillips did a solid job despite giving up a foot in height.

Herscher has to be the favorites or at least in the top 3 to win 4A next season.

Great crowd by Phillips last night...

Two kids that impressed me the most were two juniors, Elmore #1 for Phillips and Jarnagin #7 for Herscher.. neither kid left the field, played solid defense and put up huge offensive numbers..

Phillips RB was out the entire game. That was a backup running back that got 300 yards. First game he has ran the ball the entire game.

HHS,

When during your game was the Philips team scared? Was it the bus ride down? Did someone almost hit them or run them off the road? I just don't see any point in that game that they were "scared". Like I said before, Philips experimented and toyed with Herscher yesterday.

Phillips RB was out the entire game. That was a backup running back that got 300 yards. First game he has ran the ball the entire game.

Herscher running back went out on the second offensive series with an ankle injury, he is also MLB... if he doesnt go out, Elmore doesnt rush for 285 yards.. the two series with him in there, Elmore gained 6 yards on 5 carries..

Still think we have zero chance of scoring 20??? Honestly, if we play them again we probably score another TD or two..

HHS,

When during your game was the Philips team scared? Was it the bus ride down? Did someone almost hit them or run them off the road? I just don't see any point in that game that they were "scared". Like I said before, Philips experimented and toyed with Herscher yesterday.

And I am again laughing at you.. their coach said that was the best 4A team they have played since Rochester in 2014.. also said he was quite nervous when score was 14-13 and we had the momentum..

The only thing they really experimented with was who could slow down the Stuart kid, the answer was nobody they had.. you have no idea what you are talking about..

This thread is making me dumber - all that matters is the final score

Decent by whose theories? Try giving credit to the opponent and stop making excuse -not necessarily in this thread but in every other about how unfair everything is.

Sometimes you just get beat. Phillips was better and he final score shows that nothing else matters.

I said we competed well, missed perhaps our best player going out early and then talked about next year... Also said as far as Phillips, taking the high road was what I chose... been better if. I complained about their on field behaviour??? What did that accomplish in the Althoff thread??

Obviously someone pissed on your Wheaties today..

No just you posting and acting like you normally do. But that's ok

My comments are Herscher was much better than I anticipated. As for Phillips you got their B team. Replace Elmore with an all state back to back 2,000 yard rusher and he goes for 400 yards and Phillips has about 14 or 21 more points.

Reactions: jwarigaku
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT