ADVERTISEMENT

Phillips 22 Herscher 13 half

The blame for for HHS's perceived injustice lies squarely at the feet of the governor of the great state and the mayor of Chicago. In an effort to destroy the CPS teachers union and open more charter schools they have created the model for enrollment here in the city. As long as kids do not have to go to their underperforming neighborhood schools and can travel or be bussed to charter schools anywhere in the city nothing is going to change. Hell the only reason Phillips is in 4A is because there are around 8 other high schools within 3 square miles of Phillips, 3 of which are charters.

That all being said, there is a ridiculous amount of competition here for 8th graders who have played football. Most youth programs have seen their numbers drop drastically making things even more cutthroat. There are no direct feeders, no high school coaches are allowed to have contact with and coach youth teams like in the smaller cities around the state which most of us see as a MAJOR advantage.

CPS teams went 1-16 in this years state playoffs. The teams from the Chicago conference have NEVER beaten a state opponent from outside of CPS. If the enrollment boundary of the city of Chicago is such a great advantage, then why don't you come to Chicago and coach. There are currently a few schools with openings. Trust me you will find out very quickly how wrong you are.

That's all fine and dandy, then treat the schools like every other open enrollment school is the state and multiply them

The blame for for HHS's perceived injustice lies squarely at the feet of the governor of the great state and the mayor of Chicago. In an effort to destroy the CPS teachers union and open more charter schools they have created the model for enrollment here in the city. As long as kids do not have to go to their underperforming neighborhood schools and can travel or be bussed to charter schools anywhere in the city nothing is going to change. Hell the only reason Phillips is in 4A is because there are around 8 other high schools within 3 square miles of Phillips, 3 of which are charters.

That all being said, there is a ridiculous amount of competition here for 8th graders who have played football. Most youth programs have seen their numbers drop drastically making things even more cutthroat. There are no direct feeders, no high school coaches are allowed to have contact with and coach youth teams like in the smaller cities around the state which most of us see as a MAJOR advantage.

CPS teams went 1-16 in this years state playoffs. The teams from the Chicago conference have NEVER beaten a state opponent from outside of CPS. If the enrollment boundary of the city of Chicago is such a great advantage, then why don't you come to Chicago and coach. There are currently a few schools with openings. Trust me you will find out very quickly how wrong you are.
yes sirrrr!!!!! . But he will never actually take the time to gather actual facts before posting on here

Nah he just wants an "even playing field" which means he wants all schools out of 4A except the ones Herscher can beat.

That would make 4A a very small group of teams considering the Herscher playoff history.

Reactions: biglatte
Nah he just wants an "even playing field" which means he wants all schools out of 4A except the ones Herscher can beat.

That would make 4A a very small group of teams considering the Herscher playoff history.

Yes, because Lake County has been the mecca of football for centuries....

Yes, because Lake County has been the mecca of football for centuries....

I dunno I think we've done pretty well up here. State titles from LZ Stevenson Carmel and Libertyville in the last decade. Plus three more title game appearances in that span.

Oh and little old Vernon Hills found a way to compete against the big bad private schools by beating zero boundary schools MCC and Naz. And I believe Urban Prep is a magnet school so they too are zero boundary.

Hmm, didn't think small class schools could compete with zero boundary schools

Reactions: pjjp
I dunno I think we've done pretty well up here. State titles from LZ Stevenson Carmel and Libertyville in the last decade. Plus three more title game appearances in that span.

Oh and little old Vernon Hills found a way to compete against the big bad private schools by beating zero boundary schools MCC and Naz. And I believe Urban Prep is a magnet school so they too are zero boundary.

Hmm, didn't think small class schools could compete with zero boundary schools

Which would pale in comparison to other high population counties in the state...

How many of the schools in Lake County advanced farther this year than the team you chose to make fun of????

Which would pale in comparison to other high population counties in the state...

How many of the schools in Lake County advanced farther this year than the team you chose to make fun of????

VH is the only team left and I am by far not poking fun at a team making its first ever semifinal appearance. They were also one of two to make the quarters.

Point is, schools can compete with these zero boundary schools. It has been and continues to exist.

That's all fine and dandy, then treat the schools like every other open enrollment school is the state and multiply them

Maybe I should have clarified my statement a bit.

Phillips and all other city schools have a boundary. It is the city limits. Therefore by the definition of the rules they do not have an open boundary and should not be treated as such.

Now if you want to cry and whine about population density and how there is a much larger pool of kids to choose from so that's just unfair then have at it.

I don't know how long you've been around, but I know that in 2010 Herscher beat up on CPS Dyett HS pretty bad in the first round of state and OH GASP!!! Dyett had kids from multiple neighborhoods around the city as well as dare I say it "TRANSFERS". Was anyone crying then???

Maybe I should have clarified my statement a bit.

Phillips and all other city schools have a boundary. It is the city limits. Therefore by the definition of the rules they do not have an open boundary and should not be treated as such.

Now if you want to cry and whine about population density and how there is a much larger pool of kids to choose from so that's just unfair then have at it.

I don't know how long you've been around, but I know that in 2010 Herscher beat up on CPS Dyett HS pretty bad in the first round of state and OH GASP!!! Dyett had kids from multiple neighborhoods around the city as well as dare I say it "TRANSFERS". Was anyone crying then???

The flaw in your logic is that many CPS schools do have a multiplier...

The flaw in your logic is that many CPS schools do have a multiplier...

Yes, those are the selective enrollment schools that require an entrance exam just like the Catholic schools and literally hand pick each student that is allowed in for academic purposes. The Governor's daughter went to one despite them living in New Trier's District.

Those magnet schools rarely if ever compete in football. I believe Simeon is now one and Whitney Young is another.

Not sure but I believe the Urban Prep schools are in that same bracket.

Clearly the open enrollment thing has worked for Phillips but it sure isn't working anywhere else.

Yes, those are the selective enrollment schools that require an entrance exam just like the Catholic schools and literally hand pick each student that is allowed in for academic purposes. The Governor's daughter went to one despite them living in New Trier's District.

You mean like such academic heavyweights as Simeon and CVS?????? About half the CPS schools are multiplied, yet they can all get athletes from anywhere in the city..

And Rauners daughter snuck into Payton because they used a city address

Why does every HHSTigerfan sentence end in two or three periods or none at all?

Simeon and CVS are both Vocational schools. So is Dunbar. Thats what the V in CVS stands for. They are not required to let in all neighborhood kids. Applications to enroll in those specialty programs are required therefore, multiplier.

All right, I'm bored and I'm done. I understand what it is that you want and nothing I say is going to matter. Maybe one day you can move to Chicago, take one of the many great coaching openings, and get that elusive state championship you're so desperately seeking. It is after all a really easy thing to accomplish here.

Simeon and CVS are both Vocational schools. So is Dunbar. Thats what the V in CVS stands for. They are not required to let in all neighborhood kids. Applications to enroll in those specialty programs are required therefore, multiplier.

Yeah, I get it... the schools that dont have to let the neighborhood kids in get a multiplier, the schools that have to let them in do not get a multiplier.. but they can all enroll kids from anywhere in the city, so the IHSA logic makes no sense

HHS,

Or should I call you snowflake...we get it, you don't think it's fair, it might be it might not. At the end of the day it's important for everyone to realize Life is NOT Fair! It's how you deal with your setbacks and overcome them the next time that is important. Suck it up buttercup and get better if you want to win.

Yeah I complained about a field, to me it was more about safety, sure I didn't like that we lost but we learned from it and moved forward. You've been bitchin on this board and others since at least 2003 about the same crap day after day. Move on, life ain't fair!

Yeah, I get it... the schools that dont have to let the neighborhood kids in get a multiplier, the schools that have to let them in do not get a multiplier.. but they can all enroll kids from anywhere in the city, so the IHSA logic makes no sense

Reactions: pjjp and biglatte
HHS,

Or should I call you snowflake...we get it, you don't think it's fair, it might be it might not. At the end of the day it's important for everyone to realize Life is NOT Fair! It's how you deal with your setbacks and overcome them the next time that is important. Suck it up buttercup and get better if you want to win.

Yeah I complained about a field, to me it was more about safety, sure I didn't like that we lost but we learned from it and moved forward. You've been bitchin on this board and others since at least 2003 about the same crap day after day. Move on, life ain't fair!

hahahah jwar I like that..
tell that to the Hilary voters. hahaha nice luvit.

No one seems to be commenting on the Fenwick fan in the other thread who is saying the same thing...

HHS,

Hopefully our kids do learn from it, we return as much as anyone in 4A and could contend once agin..

HHSTigerfan.....

The one poster who unites the board whether public/private, Chicagoland/"downstate"

Reactions: jwarigaku
HHS,

Perhaps Edgy can create a board called the crying room for those of us that want to discuss our misfortunes on the field and how unfair the playing field is in today's landscape. It's such a trendy and popular approach to "give a voice" to the wrongs we have incurred. Perhaps we can have hot coco and coloring books too.

Like I said HHS, you've been complaining about this since atleast 2003! The kids will certainly learn from the experience but you are hopeless to take anything away.

Hopefully our kids do learn from it, we return as much as anyone in 4A and could contend once agin..

Reactions: Normdog
HHS,

Perhaps Edgy can create a board called the crying room for those of us that want to discuss our misfortunes on the field and how unfair the playing field is in today's landscape. It's such a trendy and popular approach to "give a voice" to the wrongs we have incurred. Perhaps we can have hot coco and coloring books too.

Like I said HHS, you've been complaining about this since atleast 2003! The kids will certainly learn from the experience but you are hopeless to take anything away.

And when you go talk to the small school public guys they agree with me...

Didnt play an open boundary school, so its stupid to bring up in this thread

Actually! You're the one who started this thread as a means to post the score, because you thought Herscher was hanging in there and wanted everyone to know how a poor little public school was doing against the "cheater".

Ok with more insults HHS?

Has an open boundary school ever lost a playoff or championship game to a closed boundary school.

Since according to your educational gauge of excellence I don't measure up why not explain and clarity for me.

Unless talking down and insults are all your capable of in which case

Last edited:
Ok with more insults HHS?

Has an open boundary school ever lost a playoff or championship game to a closed boundary school.

Since according to your educational gauge of excellence I don't measure up why not explain and clarity for me.

Unless talking down and insults are all your capable of in which case

Just because you have an edge doesnt mean you are going to win all the time..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT