ADVERTISEMENT

Mediocre MC vs best GW team ever

Ok MW, in the spirit of your OFOCN reference, I will play the role of McMurphy (although the voice I will use will be Kirk Douglas, as I am a Ken Kesey guy and he liked KDs stage version better) and play out the game, drive by drive. MC fans have to remember that I am, within my character, a delusional paranoid given to fits of misplaced grandeur, so you are not allowed to say things like "you're crazy," because that is a given, I'm in the nut house, right? You also can't say I'm arrogant, because delusional flights of grandeur just come with the territory.

Here we go:
  1. MC receives the kickoff and methodically drives down the field and scores on a two yard plunge. MC 7-0
  2. MC devours three straight GW plays forcing a punt. MC fans congratulate each other with lots of " I told you"s
  3. MC drive is methodical but stalls inside the 10 GW D limps off after two beat down drives. MC 10-0
  4. GW starts to move the ball but a 50 yd Brodner TD is called back by phantom holding call away from the play by the North Side judge. GW can't over come the penalty and punts. Chants of "over-rated" can be heard in the North stands
  5. MC does a option pass over the top for a huge gain into GW territory, but GW mans up and stops the drive on downs at the 15. Lenti decides to go for the kill on 4th and 3 from the 15, but GW holds with 2 min left in the half
  6. GW takes over on downs and Brodner takes a bubble screen 85 yards. MC fans can't believe a flag wasn't thrown but neither the side judge or back judge could hear Lenti's request MC 10-7
  7. Time expires with MC at the GW 30 yard line. At the half, the score is MC 10-7 but MC fans decide to come get brats on the GW side to ensure their display confidence is acknowledged and remind anyone within earshot that if not for that one Brodner play ...
  8. GW receives the 2nd half kick and gets a return out to the 40 and proceeds to drive in for a score using non Brodner plays to get close, but Brodner bulls in from the 5 and the score is GW 14-10
  9. MC, convinced that they are the superior team based on yards and time of possession scratch their heads but remain steadfast in their belief of imminent domination. Folks look up to see Ross Andreseak (sp?) blow up a pitch in the backfield causing a fumble and recovery by GW.
  10. GW strikes on a Brodner drag route. GW 21-10
  11. MC coaches settles their boys down and remind them they are MC and carry a 148-2 playoff history to defend so they drive down the field and score on a three yard plunge. GW 21-17
Ah but here comes Nurse Ratchett and McMurphy is pulled from the room and the boys are scattered by the orderlies. It is time for medication now and all of this fooling around has disturbed the patients.

Martini asks McMurphy as he waits for his medicine: "Mac, How does it end?"
McMurphy, still disgusted that Nurse Ratchett wouldn't let him watch the game responds, "I'm not crazy enough to predict what that finish is going to be"
Billy warms up to McMurphy and shyly says " th, th, th thanks M,m,m,m Mac. I hope the g,g,g, good guys win"
McMurphy smiles that smile and comforts him "the good guys always win in the end Billy"

Last edited:
Reactions: Bwm57
Ok MW, in the spirit of your OFOCN reference, I will play the role of McMurphy (although the voice I will use will be Kirk Douglas, as I am a Ken Kesey guy and he liked KDs stage version better) and play out the game, drive by drive. MC fans have to remember that I am, within my character, a delusional paranoid given to fits of misplaced grandeur, so you are not allowed to say things like "you're crazy," because that is a given, I'm in the nut house, right? You also can't say I'm arrogant, because delusional flights of grandeur just come with the territory.

Here we go:
  1. MC receives the kickoff and methodically drives down the field and scores on a two yard plunge. MC 7-0
  2. MC devours three straight GW plays forcing a punt. MC fans congratulate each other with lots of " I told you"s
  3. MC drive is methodical but stalls inside the 10 GW D limps off after two beat down drives. MC 10-0
  4. GW starts to move the ball but a 50 yd Brodner TD is called back by phantom holding call away from the play by the North Side judge. GW can't over come the penalty and punts. Chants of "over-rated" can be heard in the North stands
  5. MC does a option pass over the top for a huge gain into GW territory, but GW mans up and stops the drive on downs at the 15. Lenti decides to go for the kill on 4th and 3 from the 15, but GW holds with 2 min left in the half
  6. GW takes over on downs and Brodner takes a bubble screen 85 yards. MC fans can't believe a flag wasn't thrown but neither the side judge or back judge could hear Lenti's request MC 10-7
  7. Time expires with MC at the GW 30 yard line. At the half, the score is MC 10-7 but MC fans decide to come get brats on the GW side to ensure their display confidence is acknowledged and remind anyone within earshot that if not for that one Brodner play ...
  8. GW receives the 2nd half kick and gets a return out to the 40 and proceeds to drive in for a score using non Brodner plays to get close, but Brodner bulls in from the 5 and the score is GW 14-10
  9. MC, convinced that they are the superior team based on yards and time of possession scratch their heads but remain steadfast in their belief of imminent domination. Folks look up to see Ross Andreseak (sp?) blow up a pitch in the backfield causing a fumble and recovery by GW.
  10. GW strikes on a Brodner drag route. GW 21-10
  11. MC coaches settles their boys down and remind them they are MC and carry a 148-2 playoff history to defend so they drive down the field and score on a three yard plunge. GW 21-17
Ah but here comes Nurse Ratchett and McMurphy is pulled from the room and the boys are scattered by the orderlies. It is time for medication now and all of this fooling around has disturbed the patients.

Martini asks McMurphy as he waits for his medicine: "Mac, How does it end?"
McMurphy, still disgusted that Nurse Ratchett wouldn't let him watch the game responds, "I'm not crazy enough to predict what that finish is going to be"
Billy warms up to McMurphy and shyly says " th, th, th thanks M,m,m,m Mac. I hope the g,g,g, good guys win"
McMurphy smiles that smile and comforts him "the good guys always win in the end Billy"
Thanks oh wise soothsayer, now I only have to come for the last two minutes.

“This world . . . belongs to the strong, my friend! The ritual of our existence is based on the strong getting stronger by devouring the weak. We must face up to this. No more than right that it should be this way. We must learn to accept it as a law of the natural world. The rabbits accept their role in the ritual and recognize the wolf is the strong. In defense, the rabbit becomes sly and frightened and elusive and he digs holes and hides when the wolf is about. And he endures, he goes on. He knows his place. He most certainly doesn't challenge the wolf to combat. Now, would that be wise? Would it?”

Reactions: capnbillhitters
A sheep in wolf's clothing changes the natural order of things. The rabbit no longer hides or is frightened, for it is the sheep that will be fleeced.

“This world . . . belongs to the strong, my friend! The ritual of our existence is based on the strong getting stronger by devouring the weak. We must face up to this. No more than right that it should be this way. We must learn to accept it as a law of the natural world. The rabbits accept their role in the ritual and recognize the wolf is the strong. In defense, the rabbit becomes sly and frightened and elusive and he digs holes and hides when the wolf is about. And he endures, he goes on. He knows his place. He most certainly doesn't challenge the wolf to combat. Now, would that be wise? Would it?”

I l-o-v-e Kesey. He was the master, until he wasn't, but remained a blast until the very end.

MC = melted caramel

caramel.jpg

Reactions: MWittman
Lenti calls out JCHill after the game in the Daily Southtown.

"I think our kids gave it their all. A lot of people thought they were going to blow us out here. Our kids wanted to prove they weren't mediocre. That was the term people were using. It is a shame somebody has to lose a game like this. This year was our turn."

JCHill's headline writing ability is garnering more and more attention. The pot-stirring pic is very apropos.

Reactions: JCHILLTOPPERS
OH HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I MADE IT I MADE IT I MADE It I MADE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me and feeto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea save it enjoy it while you can

actually it was the repartee that I enjoyed, had nothing to do with the results of this game.

btw - I don't talk crap about other teams because everything is cyclical. And like I have said too many times, it's 17 year olds dude

Reactions: Bowie50
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT