ADVERTISEMENT

LWE vs Edwardsville

Joliet radio WJOL covers High School football better than ANY station in Illinois...not even close. EDGY can vouch. LWE is in the Reception area.

Reactions: USD24
Went for it on 4th down up by 37. Wouldn't define this as "classy."
Actually it was really... a chip-shot FG would have put LWE up by 40 pts and started that clock running and running and running - instead we ran a pass play and gave the Tigers a chance to defend and keep the game < 40. Instead a backup TE made a Beckham one-hander for the score!
On the ensuing kick-off, a Tiger ripped the helmet off a Griffin.....and again no call

Reactions: Iamjaytee
KAR is a great player, how can you rate a player off of stats for one game? Kid is the best athlete in the state, no doubt. LWE, is a great team with a great defense, not many people are going to run on them. Congrats. LWE definitely were the start of many personal fouls. Thought they played slightly dirty and EVILLE retaliated. But the north outweighs this thread and won’t give southern teams the credit.
Didn't rate a player at all. But I watched the Edwardsville/CBC game and I think one more Eddie game in addition to CBC/St. Johns. KAR was okay I guess against a CBC that I saw give up 44 & 59 points. But the post isn't even really about KAR, it's about two clowns who think football is played on offer sheets and not football fields. It's about two clowns who determine who is a "game breaker" not by watching the game, but by looking at measurables and who offers who.

So I will be waiting with bated breath for @SWsuburbs4 and @vfl05 to come and explain this.

Didn't rate a player at all. But I watched the Edwardsville/CBC game and I think one more Eddie game in addition to CBC/St. Johns. KAR was okay I guess against a CBC that I saw give up 44 & 59 points. But the post isn't even really about KAR, it's about two clowns who think football is played on offer sheets and not football fields. It's about two clowns who determine who is a "game breaker" not by watching the game, but by looking at measurables and who offers who.

So I will be waiting with bated breath for @SWsuburbs4 and @vfl05 to come and explain this.

Bones I think the other thing to point out here is no matter weather he was or wasn’t the all world player/athlete they think he is, one player isn’t going to beat East.

Bones I think the other thing to point out here is no matter weather he was or wasn’t the all world player/athlete they think he is, one player isn’t going to beat East.

Todd Gurley or Sauquan Barkley? You saying East could contain either one?

This Lincoln way east wouldn’t have been able to beat the esl state championship team with Jeff Thomas on it

And the 1985 Bears were the best one hit wonder of all time. So Crossbones knows something about football, LWE started the brawl ball in Frankfort WWF game, KAR and the gang would have played a different game had they not turned the ball over, LWE was unsportsmanlike to have a second sting QB throw the ball to a second string TE instead of kicking a FG with the starting kicker to get the running clock ending to this cage match, and the EVille coach wanted an interference call made on the KAR pass to the starting WR who caught the TD in the last minute of the game, just prior to their onside kick. The trash talking was already in full song when AJ tweaked an ankle diving for an attempted catch, walking to the sidelines with three members of the Tigers offering advice on treatment as he walked off early in the first. A chippy game from the start and a long bus ride is not fun...LWE dealt with the same in 2013 at Edwardsville and the O’Fallon tornado year. This is sounding like the start of a rivalry!

Last edited:
I do not post on the boards very often at all and this thread is one of the main reasons why. I have never read so many whiny posts in one place. These are high school kids. KAR is a GREAT athlete but not the best in the State. I wish him the best of luck with the Irish. As for the penalties last night it was pretty even. Pointing fingers on who started it is sad. Take a look at the film again and fingers can be pointed to both teams on different plays. Again these are high school kids so a bunch of grown men pointing fingers is really sad. The way I see it and this is just my perspective is that a VERY good East team just had another statement win against a good Edwardsville team.

I do not post on the boards very often at all and this thread is one of the main reasons why. I have never read so many whiny posts in one place. These are high school kids. KAR is a GREAT athlete but not the best in the State. I wish him the best of luck with the Irish. As for the penalties last night it was pretty even. Pointing fingers on who started it is sad. Take a look at the film again and fingers can be pointed to both teams on different plays. Again these are high school kids so a bunch of grown men pointing fingers is really sad. The way I see it and this is just my perspective is that a VERY good East team just had another statement win against a good Edwardsville team.

Thank you KJD
Very well said.

I know that better than most. Dale Martin had a fantastic offer sheet but found tough sledding. Bailey had a helluva offer sheet and one helluva game in 2011, but not the W. It was only when we spread the ball around were we able to move it and/or win (2005, 2007, 2008, 2009) and 2013 the D was phenomenal while both of our offenses were pretty bad.

I know that better than most. Dale Martin had a fantastic offer sheet but found tough sledding. Bailey had a helluva offer sheet and one helluva game in 2011, but not the W. It was only when we spread the ball around were we able to move it and/or win (2005, 2007, 2008, 2009) and 2013 the D was phenomenal while both of our offenses were pretty bad.
On the other side of all this Crossbones. 2012 LWE had a phenomenal quarterback in Tommy Fuessel with the attributes, or similar to Kendall Abdul-Rahman anyway in 2012. A certain Glenbard West team shut him down in the Championship game. I have to believe the KAR that is out there most weeks is WAY different than what we saw last night, the same as Tommy was against the teams that were not Glenbard West. LWE shutdown an Edwardsville team who had a horrible start last night.

I was thinking he meant for the playoffs... season, no

It seemed to be a unreal stat, I figured he may have been talking about the starting D, could be for the playoffs.. Just thought I would throw it in the thread to get some feed back.. Either way LWE is LEGIT

You should post more often.

I have posted a lot of nonsense about LWE, but definitely think it is going to take a miracle to beat them. Very, Very, good 8A team but with Loyola being a Catholic school stranger miracles have happened. LOL. I also agree that most of the posters and threads started about LWE were all said in good fun and not meant as disrespectful. Liked the LWE vs Alabama thread!

give me the 'Brook '12 offense healthy and either the '11 or '13 defense and I think we give this LWE team a good game.

I have posted a lot of nonsense about LWE, but definitely think it is going to take a miracle to beat them. Very, Very, good 8A team but with Loyola being a Catholic school stranger miracles have happened. LOL. I also agree that most of the posters and threads started about LWE were all said in good fun and not meant as disrespectful. Liked the LWE vs Alabama thread!
This lwe thread is so stupid ,I can hardly believe it,OK lwe is the best tam in the history of high school football,now we have many other game scenarios to discuss,this thread has bald tires!!

This lwe thread is so stupid ,I can hardly believe it,OK lwe is the best tam in the history of high school football,now we have many other game scenarios to discuss,this thread has bald tires!!
You don’t have to look.

So KAR scored only 1 more rushing TD than Pringle did against LWE, therefore Pringle is better? I was going to let you go ahead and continue embarrassing yourself over your love for LWE and Bolingbrook's little scat back but this is just too funny. What is it that you think you proved to me exactly? Your notion that Pringle>KAR continues to be laughable.

Tom Brady vs. Titans.... 21-41 241yds 0 TD's
Phillip Rivers vs. Titans 19-26 306yds 2 TD's

Bones logic... Phillip Rivers is CLEARLY a better player than Tom Brady and HOW DARE YOU SAY HE'S NOT!

This has been a long thread, but not sure Bones was saying anything bad about KAR..who obviously is talented. Rather I believe he was saying before the game that East would have an answer for a superb athlete. He has seen that movie many times. But I do not think he was disrespecting KAR...but I have already admitted, I do not know crap...I just love HS football.

Reactions: Gene K.
So KAR scored only 1 more rushing TD than Pringle did against LWE, therefore Pringle is better? I was going to let you go ahead and continue embarrassing yourself over your love for LWE and Bolingbrook's little scat back but this is just too funny. What is it that you think you proved to me exactly? Your notion that Pringle>KAR continues to be laughable.
How did your offer sheet theory go? Did you feel like East was impressed by the offer sheet?

Tom Brady vs. Titans.... 21-41 241yds 0 TD's
Phillip Rivers vs. Titans 19-26 306yds 2 TD's

Bones logic... Phillip Rivers is CLEARLY a better player than Tom Brady and HOW DARE YOU SAY HE'S NOT!
Same questions. How did the offer sheet help in the 14 carries for 25 yard night?

How did your offer sheet theory go? Did you feel like East was impressed by the offer sheet?

Lol Bones! Why are you so mad?

So your argument is that Pringle is better than KAR because he has a worse offer sheet? Bold move.

Personally, I would take the 2x all state 2x quarterfinalist, 1x semifinalist with all the offers over the 150lb guy with no power 5 offers from a perennial underachiever. Which is all I have said in this thread over and over again for you. Time to focus your anger on something else bones.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
Lol Bones! Why are you so mad?

So your argument is that Pringle is better than KAR because he has a worse offer sheet? Bold move.

Personally, I would take the 2x all state 2x quarterfinalist, 1x semifinalist with all the offers over the 150lb guy with no power 5 offers from a perennial underachiever. Which is all I have said in this thread over and over again for you. Time to focus your anger on something else bones.
under achieve? ND offer 14 carries 25 yards 2 TO's putting his team in a 0-14 ditch before they could blink. You need to reassess.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT