ADVERTISEMENT

LWE vs Edwardsville

I’m not ready to say running clock for LWE in quarters and semis but I’m Fcsting 30+ point spreads.

LWE 55 Ed’s 24
LWE 45 MS or LA 14

Wait. Bones said the Brook and H-F had down years and you pick Homewood Flossmoor in the Championship game in Champaign? How does that happen?

Wait. Bones said the Brook and H-F had down years and you pick Homewood Flossmoor in the Championship game in Champaign? How does that happen?
I said just about everyone is down. Someone has to make the championship game. Top bracket has a few options. I was leaning towards Rice personally, since they seem like the only other team that is better this year than last year.

East team this year is faster than the 2005 team. SAM linebacker, Sciana was a running back as a soph and he flies to the ball. #20, Christensen reminds me of Langenderfer. Really fast.

I think Maine South will beat Loyola and with their spread offense, against East will complete 30+ passes, most for 5-8 yards. That would be a great game. No disrespect to Loyola as I am a huge fan of that program.

Reactions: ChiTown Chuggers
East team this year is faster than the 2005 team. SAM linebacker, Sciana was a running back as a soph and he flies to the ball. #20, Christensen reminds me of Langenderfer. Really fast.

I think Maine South will beat Loyola and with their spread offense, against East will complete 30+ passes, most for 5-8 yards. That would be a great game. No disrespect to Loyola as I am a huge fan of that program.
Is MS passing like that this year?

Not sure that this East team is faster than the 2005 team. Lots of studs on that team. LBs were fast & beasts as was the D-line. DB’s were 6’2 & 6’3 safety was fastest on the team 4.3 40. This years team has edge at QB & RB. Videosurfer were you around in 2005? Anyway we’re splitting hairs here what’s important is this years team is very deep, much deeper that 2005.

Not sure that this East team is faster than the 2005 team. Lots of studs on that team. LBs were fast & beasts as was the D-line. DB’s were 6’2 & 6’3 safety was fastest on the team 4.3 40. This years team has edge at QB & RB. Videosurfer were you around in 2005? Anyway we’re splitting hairs here what’s important is this years team is very deep, much deeper that 2005.
I have been watching East since 2002...

Corey90 I think Videosurfer may be correct. I know you loved the 2005 team. I did too.

But this team may be better. We’ll see what happens the rest of the way

Reactions: WIU78
Corey90 I think Videosurfer may be correct. I know you loved the 2005 team. I did too.

But this team may be better. We’ll see what happens the rest of the way

Never said they weren’t better but we’re splitting hairs about certain things about each of the teams. This team needs to finish what they have started before we talk about which team is better. I will be the first fan to gladly discuss after the finish the season.
Go East!

Reactions: Iamjaytee

Coaches have said the 2018 Beast team is the biggest, strongest, fastest team he has ever had. This came out before the season even started.

Last edited:
Reactions: Iamjaytee

Videosurfer
Agree Loyola will be a rivalry game full of hate for MS, and MS likely only team capable of beating the Beast from what I've seen. Maybe we will be fortunate to see if that's the case (vs fantasy matchups).

Reactions: Videosurfer
Videosurfer
Agree Loyola will be a rivalry game full of hate for MS, and MS likely only team capable of beating the Beast from what I've seen. Maybe we will be fortunate to see if that's the case (vs fantasy matchups).
How dare you chugger....
I won’t sit this out and let you get roasted by yourself, but you have called out the Beast.

Reactions: ChiTown Chuggers
We are just gameday practice for this Beast team.

We just got past the green “Team of Thrones”, and have Hollywood Weiners this week before we get the pleasure of this years Beat down.

Why you dissin the toilet? It’s not supposed to be public and is not in anyway disrespectful to opponents. I didn’t even know about the Magically appearing toilet until I had a senior and it was sitting on my frikkin front lawn.

The damn kids must have been tweeting it out this year. No other kids tweeted it in years past. Damn social media! Geez I feel like MC63. Time for me to go to bed?

Why you dissin the toilet? It’s not supposed to be public and is not in anyway disrespectful to opponents. I didn’t even know about the Magically appearing toilet until I had a senior and it was sitting on my frikkin front lawn.
I was not dissing the toilet as much as I was the way the game was played. Personally I think it’s hysterical and applauded!

Here is my comparison of 2005 East vs 2018 East:

Secondary- Edge to 2005
D-line- Edge to 2005 (slight)
Linebackers- Draw (due to 2018 speed)
O-line- 2018 (despite Gettis in 2005)
Running backs - 2018 (more loaded )
QB- 2005 (Kropp was the most intelligent QB in HS I ever saw)
Receivers- Slight edge 2005 (Johnston never dropped a frickin' pass)

Depth- 2018 by far

Of course, 2005 won state, 2018 TBD. Unless East wins state, comparison will go out the window (for me)

Here is my comparison of 2005 East vs 2018 East:

Secondary- Edge to 2005
D-line- Edge to 2005 (slight)
Linebackers- Draw (due to 2018 speed)
O-line- 2018 (despite Gettis in 2005)
Running backs - 2018 (more loaded )
QB- 2005 (Kropp was the most intelligent QB in HS I ever saw)
Receivers- Slight edge 2005 (Johnston never dropped a frickin' pass)

Depth- 2018 by far

Of course, 2005 won state, 2018 TBD. Unless East wins state, comparison will go out the window (for me)

Spot on. I know 2018 is playing lights out but damn 2005 was soooo good.

I think if anyone is going to beat this LWE team it's Edwardsville. E-ville is the only team that has the ultimate X-factor game breaker... QB #4. For those of you that haven't seen this kid play... you're in for a treat.

Also, Edwardsville seems to be clicking at the right time and their schedule just keeps looking stronger and stronger with ESL and CBC dominance. The WV loss looks bad at first glance but don't forget their QB got hurt early in the game.

How will East respond to a team that can consistently score on them?

Just think this game will be much closer than most expect.

I think if anyone is going to beat this LWE team it's Edwardsville. E-ville is the only team that has the ultimate X-factor game breaker... QB #4. For those of you that haven't seen this kid play... you're in for a treat.

Also, Edwardsville seems to be clicking at the right time and their schedule just keeps looking stronger and stronger with ESL and CBC dominance. The WV loss looks bad at first glance but don't forget their QB got hurt early in the game.

How will East respond to a team that can consistently score on them?

Just think this game will be much closer than most expect.
You bring up a very good point. Bones that are not stressed become brittle. East has not been stressed this year (except in practice) and kids react differently to stress (adversity). Who knows how a close game could impact them. Looking forward to seeing this kid play.

Reactions: SWsuburbs4
They faced Pringle.

Against WV Pringle had 13 carries for 180 yds and 3 TDs

KAR against WV 9 carries 10 yards. I don't know who scored the Eddie TD.

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
They faced Pringle.

That's a strange comparison considering Pringle is a RB. Also, KAR got hurt early in the first half.

They faced Pringle.

The 5'8 140lb kid with no FBS offers? Don't know if he is in the same league as KAR. Obviously, you are kidding yourself if you think KAR's stats in one qtr against WV 8 weeks ago matters more than the rest of his body of work.

Reactions: flyerforlife
They faced Pringle.

KAR go hurt on I believe the second or third series in the first quarter. On the first drive E'ville marched down the field and kind of self destructed in the Red Zone. E'ville is not the same team without him. Similar to what TF was to East a few years back.

The 5'8 140lb kid with no FBS offers? Don't know if he is in the same league as KAR. Obviously, you are kidding yourself if you think KAR's stats in one qtr against WV 8 weeks ago matters more than the rest of his body of work.
The kid that's going D1 already that outperformed the Michigan State recruit. Yeah, that guy.

9 carries vs 13 carries.

KAR will do nothing.

The kid that's going D1 already that outperformed the Michigan State recruit. Yeah, that guy.

9 carries vs 13 carries.

KAR will do nothing.

So according to Bones, this Pringle kid is better than KAR. Very interesting. How could Bolingbrook not get out of the first round with this elite talent going to South Dakota State?!

9 carries vs 13 carries.

KAR will do nothing.

I am not a their stat guy but I believe 2 of those 9 carries were QB sacks on pass plays. We will see what happens on Saturday.

So according to Bones, this Pringle kid is better than KAR. Very interesting. How could Bolingbrook not get out of the first round with this elite talent going to South Dakota State?!
13 carries when averaging 14 ypc is a start to why they didn't get out of the 1st Rd. You're sounding extremely stupid right now. The kid isn't committed to South Dakota State.

KAR will do nothing. I'll come back to this thread once the game is over to rub your face in it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT