ADVERTISEMENT

LWE Talk

@Zvonar

There is no need to do more than 35-0 in week 9. Winning 72 to nothing will not help anyone.

What was the score in your game last night bones?
60-0 Thursday night. If you played T-Ridge this season you'd understand.
This type of score can be avoided in the LWE/BB game easily by using measures that did not work against T-Ridge.

60-0 Thursday night. If you played T-Ridge this season you'd understand.
This type of score can be avoided in the LWE/BB game easily by using measures that did not work against T-Ridge.

Bones
Are you saying BB is so good that if they don’t use the measures you talk about, they could run up 60 on LWE? Lol
LWE used all their players in the Lockport game. You can’t tell kids to just lay down. 2&3rd stringers also like playing time.

Reactions: USD24
I missed my first East game last night as I figured it would not be much of a game. Everyone, I have a sincere question. Has the conference quality gone down like I *think* it has or is East really as good as it appears? I mean Andrews looked terrible and they are now 6-1. HF looked terrible and they are 6-1. LW Central looked terrible and they are 5-2.

OK, I get it that one could say LWE made everyone look terrible, but it does seem the conference talent may be a bit down. East has given up only 38 points in 7 games with 4 shut outs. Naperville Central played East tough, they are not in conference.

Just askin'...

Yes, the conference quality has gone down and is trending down overall. LWE is making it look worse than it actually is though.

This particular 'Brook team is somewhere in the spectrum of my post 2015 expectations, not as good as last year, but clearly better than '15 & '16. The non-playoff qualifying 2016 team was not clocked. This year is just a bad combination of this not being a particularly strong BHS D and LWE offense being lights out.

Reactions: Videosurfer
Could you elaborate?
LWE can come in with a bland offensive game plan. You'll still score, but it'll take more plays and time off the clock. You can get the 2nd string in early and 3rd string most of the 2nd half. You can let the play clock wind down before snapping. You can ease up on the blitzing.

Those minor adjustments will make for a much more enjoyable experience for everyone. Think of how proud the 3rd string parents will be after getting to see their kids play extended minutes. Liable to be a highlight of their lives. Don't take that away from them.

LWE can come in with a bland offensive game plan. You'll still score, but it'll take more plays and time off the clock. You can get the 2nd string in early and 3rd string most of the 2nd half. You can let the play clock wind down before snapping. You can ease up on the blitzing.

Those minor adjustments will make for a much more enjoyable experience for everyone. Think of how proud the 3rd string parents will be after getting to see their kids play extended minutes. Liable to be a highlight of their lives. Don't take that away from them.

Bones while I agree with you and like seeing the 2&3rd string getting playing time. I have an issue with leaving the starters sitting out most of the game. The starters need playing time to get better and ready for the playoffs. I don’t think the starters have played more than 2 quarters in almost every games this year. Not good! No clear good answer of what’s fair but a good problem to have if your East.

By the way Pick Central lost last night. I myself think East would be this Ohio #1 team.

I missed my first East game last night as I figured it would not be much of a game. Everyone, I have a sincere question. Has the conference quality gone down like I *think* it has or is East really as good as it appears? I mean Andrews looked terrible and they are now 6-1. HF looked terrible and they are 6-1. LW Central looked terrible and they are 5-2.

OK, I get it that one could say LWE made everyone look terrible, but it does seem the conference talent may be a bit down. East has given up only 38 points in 7 games with 4 shut outs. Naperville Central played East tough, they are not in conference.

Just askin'...
Among the 10 teams to remain in the SWSC for next season, after the last 3 years, a natural break in competitiveness exists between the top 5 (LWE, H-F, 'Brook, LWC, LWW) and the next 5 (Andrew, Bradley, Sandburg, Lockport, Stagg).

Among the 10 teams to remain in the SWSC for next season, after the last 3 years, a natural break in competitiveness exists between the top 5 (LWE, H-F, 'Brook, LWC, LWW) and the next 5 (Andrew, Bradley, Sandburg, Lockport, Stagg).

I would bet you could say that about most all other conferences. You see this all the time. I wish all the teams were more competitive but that’s not reality. What makes it stand out is when you have a really good team like East that is clearly playing at another level.

I think since the brook is the last game before the playoffs, the starter should play the whole game to get ready

Last edited by a moderator:

Last night the Starters came out halfway thru the 2nd quarter, third string came in for the 4th. 2nd and 3rd scored 3 of those TD’s. It could have been much worse...

Completely agree here.

I have seen a lot of terrible play calling against East. LW Central was determined to run...same with Andrew. Crete and Naperville Central at least tried to throw. Of course Thorne from NC may be the best QB I have seen this year.

I have seen a lot of terrible play calling against East. LW Central was determined to run...same with Andrew. Crete and Naperville Central at least tried to throw. Of course Thorne from NC may be the best QB I have seen this year.

Videosurfer
What do you agree with? Have East sit starters to play down to the level of the teams? Rediculious.
They are already getting everyone in the game. The 2nd and 3rd string are already getting more playing time than the starters. This thinking is silly. You play to win nobody goes into the game with a plan to be bland.
Unbelievable.

Videosurfer
What do you agree with? Have East sit starters to play down to the level of the teams? Rediculious.
They are already getting everyone in the game. The 2nd and 3rd string are already getting more playing time than the starters. This thinking is silly. You play to win nobody goes into the game with a plan to be bland.
Unbelievable.
I am a competitive guy, but just do not want to humiliate young kids on the other side of the ball. Remember, these are kids. It is OK to disagree, but I think Bones overall point was to try to reduce the humiliation factor, unless I mistook his point.

Videosurfer
Unbelievable.

What I don’t like to see is teams still throwing deep outs and long seam routes when the game is clearly a blowout. Even the 2nd and 3rd stringers running those types of plays I don’t like it. I don’t like it at all. I’m assuming LWE is not doing that?

I am ok with the starters and 2nd stringers still playing in a huge blow out if they think they need more reps and run most of the playbook (throwing some slants, timing plays, complex blocking plays etc).

What I would be concerned with if they still running the full playbook with starters and 2’s in during a 42 to 0 beatdown at halftime would be cheap shots from the other team that could hurt my QB, RB, WR, etc etc. that wouldn’t be good for the playoffs either. Balance playtime with getting key players out of harms way for the playoff run.

Whatever was done vs LWC. Pretend Raiders are your district brethren

There has been a few years where LWE was rated highly but had a game where the starters sat out or played little in the last game before the playoffs, then struggled once in the playoffs. I'd rather see the starters on the team work on some things that is there weakness if they find themselves in that situation again. Although LWE and the Brook is usually a grudge match and a very hard hitting game. These teams don't like each other from way back...

Reactions: Gene K.

I find this funny that you Bones are saying this after a BB blow out 60-0.

Z generally does not try to run up scores. He try’s to get everyone in the game when he can. If you watch LWE games you will see subs are always coming into the games when he can get them playing time. I get it you don’t want to embarrass the other team but it can be hard to tell kids don’t score or completely change the game plan for subs, how do the learn that way?

Z generally does not try to run up scores. He try’s to get everyone in the game when he can. If you watch LWE games you will see subs are always coming into the games when he can get them playing time. I get it you don’t want to embarrass the other team but it can be hard to tell kids don’t score or completely change the game plan for subs, how do the learn that way?
East would have difficulty keeping it under 100 against Thornridge this year. I think the blowout has to be relative to the teams playing. T-Ridge lost 60-16 to Bloom. Bloom is 2-4 (dont know about this week's game). They lost 56-14 to Andrew. While 60-0 looks bad, in context it could have been a lot worse. And we only have a 2nd string. After seeing it you have to wonder if it wouldn't have been better to have the 2nd string and few other backups get the whole game.

Back to LWE. I see up there in @WIU78's post that the starters were out at 35-0 and the 3rd string got the last 5 minutes. I'm thinking 28-0 the 2nd string comes in. That's probably in the 1st Qtr maybe early in the 2nd. Then the 3rd string and others in the entire 4th. I don't think you change the game plan, or don't play hard, just leave the more explosive plays on the shelf after a certain point. It's not going to be hard to not score 60 on us, but it will certainly be possible if one wants to.

I am a competitive guy, but just do not want to humiliate young kids on the other side of the ball. Remember, these are kids. It is OK to disagree, but I think Bones overall point was to try to reduce the humiliation factor, unless I mistook his point.

I don’t disagree but don’t see people condemning Maine South too much when they were “Maine Southing” opponents

Z normally gets to 40 then brings the reserves in.

Reactions: mommee68

East would have difficulty keeping it under 100 against Thornridge this year. I think the blowout has to be relative to the teams playing. T-Ridge lost 60-16 to Bloom. Bloom is 2-4 (dont know about this week's game). They lost 56-14 to Andrew. While 60-0 looks bad, in context it could have been a lot worse. And we only have a 2nd string. After seeing it you have to wonder if it wouldn't have been better to have the 2nd string and few other backups get the whole game.

Back to LWE. I see up there in @WIU78's post that the starters were out at 35-0 and the 3rd string got the last 5 minutes. I'm thinking 28-0 the 2nd string comes in. That's probably in the 1st Qtr maybe early in the 2nd. Then the 3rd string and others in the entire 4th. I don't think you change the game plan, or don't play hard, just leave the more explosive plays on the shelf after a certain point. It's not going to be hard to not score 60 on us, but it will certainly be possible if one wants to.
FOTG

I don’t disagree but don’t see people condemning Maine South too much when they were “Maine Southing” opponents

Z normally gets to 40 then brings the reserves in.

Agree with both you guys. I know Z and he isn’t thinking running up the score, he is just trying to get his starters playing time while also getting everyone in the game. This is nothing new for East.
It’s not a plan to run up the scores. LWE Dad called it out why nobody complaining about the so called Maine Southing opponents?

Agree with both you guys. I know Z and he isn’t thinking running up the score, he is just trying to get his starters playing time while also getting everyone in the game. This is nothing new for East.
It’s not a plan to run up the scores. LWE Dad called it out why nobody complaining about the so called Maine Southing opponents?
No one is giving LWE grief from what I can tell. I'm just asking that extra care be taken in week 9 so it's more like the LWC game and less like Lockport.

No one is giving LWE grief from what I can tell. I'm just asking that extra care be taken in week 9 so it's more like the LWC game and less like Lockport.
How about we play it like it’s a BB game and see where it takes us.

How about we play it like it’s a BB game and see where it takes us.

Lol
Bones is always trying to make it look like they only have a punchers chance. He might be right this year. We know BB will bring their best for this game they always do.
I wonder, does anyone think BB would hit the breaks if they went up on us?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT