ADVERTISEMENT

I'm hearing that the SF job

Im hearing St Francis will announce bob McMillen next week.
Obviously revisited and worked it out.

Im hearing St Francis will announce bob McMillen next week.
Obviously revisited and worked it out.
Hope you guys stretch before all the backpedaling.

6853074.jpg

Last edited:
Mcmillen new head coach at Francis. Worked through all the roadblocks. Great for the men of st francis. Onto the metro.

Bling Diesel,

Not sure who your "inside" source is but I've been told by "reliable" sources its not McMillan and they will restart the search again. The committee was not happy with the other candidates....
Well "Ghost" & Spartanlum need to go fire your "CNN" sources as I and others saw McMillen and AD in the building. McMillen was ALWAYS the guy!!!

Clown,

I can admit when I'm wrong and apologized last night. Do you have the same self awareness?

It's funny if you were gonna call BS I figured you would direct at your fellow Naz friends since they seem to be the clueless ones.

And please point out one thing of insider information I wrote in this thread?

Spartacus,

I saved you for last...Of all people you I hold most responsible for continuing to throw garbage at a Good Man that will do nothing but work his ass off to make things better at St. Francis. You try to twist this hire as though its St. Francis' only option when it was their first option all along. Neither Party ever stepped away from the table, rather you decided to spew vitriol in the Schools and New Coaches direction. For someone who "claims" to have St. Francis' best interest at heart, the public behavior you displayed on this board was confounding at best. It seemed rather that you were waging your own personal holy war directed at St. Francis and the AD! It really made me think hard...should I feed into your rant to help a school I love recruit more from the area, since there is overlap and certainly quality Kids both academically and athletically. Then I thought about how Sr. Terry, The Administration, and the Coaches at Naz would feel about getting fruit from a tree of ill contempt, and decided to look deeper into who you were...Imagine my surprise when I found out...Take a seat COACH and think about what you did, why you did it, and how and what you're going to say in the confessional tomorrow.

With this post I hope this thread will be done!

Reactions: Bling_Diesel
Spartacus,

I saved you for last...Of all people you I hold most responsible for continuing to throw garbage at a Good Man that will do nothing but work his ass off to make things better at St. Francis. You try to twist this hire as though its St. Francis' only option when it was their first option all along. Neither Party ever stepped away from the table, rather you decided to spew vitriol in the Schools and New Coaches direction. For someone who "claims" to have St. Francis' best interest at heart, the public behavior you displayed on this board was confounding at best. It seemed rather that you were waging your own personal holy war directed at St. Francis and the AD! It really made me think hard...should I feed into your rant to help a school I love recruit more from the area, since there is overlap and certainly quality Kids both academically and athletically. Then I thought about how Sr. Terry, The Administration, and the Coaches at Naz would feel about getting fruit from a tree of ill contempt, and decided to look deeper into who you were...Imagine my surprise when I found out...Take a seat COACH and think about what you did, why you did it, and how and what you're going to say in the confessional tomorrow.

You lost me

PJJP,

Looks like as usual you were on the short end of the stick...better luck next time.
The sad thing is I honestly think you believe the above. Let's recap for those scoring at home. You falsely accused Clown of peddling inside information. He called you on it, and you backpedaled. Now, you somehow feel as if you've been vindicated. This is another fine example of your twisted view of reality. In actuality, you remain the same moronic presence that you've always been with your half-baked accusations. The difference? You're just a long distance moron now. However, your keen ability to be a moron is not diminished, no matter the distance from your former IL locale.

Reactions: ClownBaby
Good to see that StF has a coach. :) Sorry to see them leave the CL. I hope Coach McMillen will stay with the Spartans for a long tenure and put the program where it needs to be. Will miss the trips back and forth down Roosevelt.

JL

Reactions: Gene K.
Good to see that StF has a coach. :) Sorry to see them leave the CL. I hope Coach McMillen will stay with the Spartans for a long tenure and put the program where it needs to be. Will miss the trips back and forth down Roosevelt.

JL
Glad they put the effort and creativity into Coach McMillen. We can only move forward. Bob will get the boys to work.

Spartacus,

jwar:

I read this entire thread with great interest until I read this post. I took it upon myself to go back and re-read Spartanalum's posts and did not get the impression he ever "threw garbage" at McMillen. In fact, if you care to re-read one of his earliest posts, he actually compliments McMillen and says he is a "great guy." In a later post, he again emphasizes he isn't questioning McMillen's knowledge of the game, but does raise a legitimate point about connections McMillen has to a youth league in Naperville.

The connection to the youth league is the source of discomfort over widespread allegations leveled against Catholic schools and the dirty word often attached to the bonds of affection between coaches and youth football, recruitment. Still, I see no attempt on Spartanalum's part to tarnish Bob McMillen's name.

Moving along, it appears from my view, and I admit I am not too familiar with the western suburbs, Spartanalum is offering his perspective SF may not be eager to hire someone who has these kinds of connections because it could invite the very problems over, again the dirty word, "recruitment," which causes public school supporters and some Catholic schools to bristle. I'm still not seeing how you can characterize Spartanalum's words as besmirching McMillen.

In following posts, Spartanalum, reveals SF may not have a teaching position in the school and posted he had been informed McMillen was no longer under consideration for the position. I still don't see Spartanalum "throwing garbage" at McMillen or, well, anyone.

Continuing along these lines, I see how Spartanalum describes events during the tenure of the another former SF coach, bemoans the school's declining to hire a favored prospect, questions whether the school is willing to give a football coach beyond the minimum resources and indicates the current leadership at the school has not demonstrated a full commitment to the football program, but, still, I see no remarks which could be accurately defined as blemishing one's personal integrity, or as you put it: "throwing garbage."

Can you please point out where Spartanalum or, for this matter, Simon, who you also direct your rage at, ever attempted to blacken McMillan or questioned his integrity? Perhaps I'm missing something here, but neither man edited their posts and I don't see an ill word lobbed at McMillen.

I think your post is best summed up by SiuCubfan when he said he finds you are engaging in an overblown fit of self-congratulation for accurately predicting this new hire. Moreover, it also appears as if part of your missive is to shower yourself with self-adulation by revealing to the site you were "in the know" all along.

I'd be grateful for evidence to back up where either Spartanalum or Simon personally trashed anyone here as you assert.

Last edited:
Simon,

Looks like pretty much everything you said was wrong or worse, contrived.

jwar,

Okay. You were right. Bully for you, but its not like I just made stuff up and posted. I heard info from several people and told the forum what I heard.

While you are getting all superior over me and Spartanalum I'm going to remind you this McMillan hasn't coached a day at SF yet and if he doesn't work out maybe I will return here and single you out.

should I feed into your rant to help a school I love recruit more from the area, since there is overlap and certainly quality Kids both academically and athletically. Then I thought about how Sr. Terry, The Administration, and the Coaches at Naz would feel about getting fruit from a tree of ill contempt

For me this is the money quote. I don't think the phrase "fruit from a tree of ill contempt" has ever been used on this board prior to yesterday.

We've seen this before. A school moves to a weaker conference, get's fat on the weaker competition, then is prepared to move back up with the big boys.

Look at Aurora Central. They were terrible for years and got beat up regularly in the SCC. Same with Wheaton Academy. A couple years in the Metro Suburban and now they are playoff contenders.

Look at West Aurora. They were bottom-feeders in the DVC. Now they are in a better conference for them and they are back to football competitiveness.

I predict St. Francis will get "healed up" in the Metro Suburban, then make a move back into the CCL where they belong.

We've seen this before. A school moves to a weaker conference, get's fat on the weaker competition, then is prepared to move back up with the big boys.

Look at Aurora Central. They were terrible for years and got beat up regularly in the SCC. Same with Wheaton Academy. A couple years in the Metro Suburban and now they are playoff contenders.

Look at West Aurora. They were bottom-feeders in the DVC. Now they are in a better conference for them and they are back to football competitiveness.

I predict St. Francis will get "healed up" in the Metro Suburban, then make a move back into the CCL where they belong.
Someone from every conference has to make the playoffs, ACC and WA making playoffs means nothing.

Someone from every conference has to make the playoffs, ACC and WA making playoffs means nothing.

Compare ACC and Wheaton Academy quality of program vs. 5 years ago. Significantly better.

Compare ACC and Wheaton Academy quality of program vs. 5 years ago. Significantly better.
Really it's hard to say, because they've beaten scrub teams? Maybe more kids are out and morale is higher but to insinuate they're gaining anything out of that conference is silly. First team in playoffs they run into with a pulse it's game over.

Really it's hard to say, because they've beaten scrub teams? Maybe more kids are out and morale is higher but to insinuate they're gaining anything out of that conference is silly. First team in playoffs they run into with a pulse it's game over.

What is the schools mission educate kids or win championships? I think kids getting involved with extracurricular activities is great and if you need to go to a lesser conference to serve your student population better so be it. At the end of the year 8 teams out of more then 500 win championships but a lot of kids who win nothing have learned a lot by playing football.

Reactions: StateOH8
I would say Wheaton academy was better 5 years ago, they handed it to IC in 2012 I think. Acc is only better because they're playing crappy teams. I wasn't ever sold on Brian Casey being a good coach, I'm sure curry(their old coach) would've won just as much if they changed conferences.

What is the schools mission educate kids or win championships? I think kids getting involved with extracurricular activities is great and if you need to go to a lesser conference to serve your student population better so be it. At the end of the year 8 teams out of more then 500 win championships but a lot of kids who win nothing have learned a lot by playing football.
Take your holier than thou crap elsewhere. The goal of every kid that plays the game is to win. All the wonderful life lessons etc will come along inspire of results, but that goal is to win.

Take your holier than thou crap elsewhere. The goal of every kid that plays the game is to win. All the wonderful life lessons etc will come along inspire of results, but that goal is to win.

And by going to a lesser conference don't they win more?

Reactions: USD24
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT