ADVERTISEMENT

IHSA to defer to IDPH ISBE Governors office on all Return to Play guidelines

Ummmm, I'd counter that deaths is the key statistic. Nobody checks how many people get the flu each year, even though that is counted yearly. Illinois has twice as many deaths as Florida, a state that is much more populated. New York has nearly 10 times as many deaths, but the focus has been changed to cases in order to fit the ultimate narrative that Cuomo & Pritzker are great and DeSantis is an idiot.

You're aware that Florida is peaking now, and projections indicate they may experience 1,000 deaths this week alone, right?

Two things! The teacher's unions are definitely in JB's camp but I imagine many, many teachers want to go back to regular in-school learning. The unions, IMO will dictate who teaches in school or not. Don't see many teachers going against what their unions say. Secondly, has anyone noticed how the media is not reporting the number of deaths due to covid on the nightly news but are now talking about the number of confirmed cases and the curves going back up. Didn't Dr. Fauci, the covid guru and media darling, at one point say their would be 2 million deaths due to this, and that masks were not necessary? Being confirmed as having tested positive for covid is one thing, (many of those with no symptoms) dying from covid is a different animal.
Pretty simple, Gene. The death numbers from Covid are inflated. No question. You have doctors being threatened with repercussions if non-Covid deaths aren't listed as Covid deaths. There is a lot of evidence of that in many different places. I stopped believing the numbers many weeks ago. The CDC can't be trusted and they are changing their stories all the time. It's all political and anyone who can't, or refuses, to see it as it is, is a fool. A political fool.

I'm entertained by all the non-educators weighing in on what teachers should be doing, or saying they don't want to work. Distance learning has provided the highest workload of any educational model implemented. Authentic instruction requires human connection. That's very difficult to achieve in a zoom meeting. If you believe teachers are just sitting on their asses enjoying time off, you're delusional. How many in corporate America were required to go into the office to participate in a zoom meeting? Exactly zero of my neighbors and friends.
We'd need an entire seperate thread to discuss meeting the needs of special education students and english language learners through a digital medium.

Your opinions reveal your ignorance.
I agree that teachers want to be teaching. They don't want to be at home. The poison is in the unions, NOT the teachers. I still want to know why the union in L.A. thinks it's important and demands the defunding of the police before the teachers go back into the classrooms. This has nothing to do with Covid.

However, to compare what teachers do and what corporate America does misses the mark. It's a different world altogether with different requirements.

Reactions: Gene K.
The best grouping was Larry, Moe, and Curly. Shemp was okay. I could barely stand Joe.
I would agree with that although Shemp did have his good moments. The earlier episodes with Curly (or Curley as it was spelled during the first season) were the best in my opinion. I hated episodes with Joe.

I had a recent conversation with my doctor two days ago. He related a story about a woman dying of complications due to multiple sclerosis and it was time to take her off the ventilator and let her pass. The hospital got the husband to come in and sign the papers to take her off the ventilator but refused to let the husband be by his wife's side in the final moments of her life and made him wait in the parking lot. The doctor was still livid about what they did. He said they had to call security on him (the doctor) as he became angry, yelling and swearing. I told him I was proud for him to be my doctor. What ever happened to compassion and common sense. Disgraceful things are going on in hospitals and nursing homes thanks to the China virus.

I had a recent conversation with my doctor two days ago. He related a story about a woman dying of complications due to multiple sclerosis and it was time to take her off the ventilator and let her pass. The hospital got the husband to come in and sign the papers to take her off the ventilator but refused to let the husband be by his wife's side in the final moments of her life and made him wait in the parking lot. The doctor was still livid about what they did. He said they had to call security on him (the doctor) as he became angry, yelling and swearing. I told him I was proud for him to be my doctor. What ever happened to compassion and common sense. Disgraceful things are going on in hospitals and nursing homes thanks to the China virus.
I am surprised they didn't list it as a Covid death.

Pretty simple, Gene. The death numbers from Covid are inflated. No question. You have doctors being threatened with repercussions if non-Covid deaths aren't listed as Covid deaths. There is a lot of evidence of that in many different places. I stopped believing the numbers many weeks ago. The CDC can't be trusted and they are changing their stories all the time. It's all political and anyone who can't, or refuses, to see it as it is, is a fool. A political fool.

Do you have a source(s) on numbers being inflated? Please know I'm not opposing you, but, I'm trying to educate myself. I'm really late to the party on all these things. Thanks!

Do you have a source(s) on numbers being inflated? Please know I'm not opposing you, but, I'm trying to educate myself. I'm really late to the party on all these things. Thanks!

Did you see the video I posted a while back of the JB press conference. It’s is common knowledge that in Illinois and everywhere else they have been directed that no matter the immediate cause of death if they died while having Covid they are to list covid as the cause of death. If 3 days ago a 24 year old tested positive for covid and then fell off a ladder and hit his head and dies they are adding it to the covid death count.

Last edited:
Did you see the video I posted a while back of the JB press conference. It’s is common knowledge that in Illinois and everywhere else they have been directed that no matter the immediate cause if death of they died while having Covid they are to list covid as the cause of death. If 3 days ago 24 year old tested positive for covid and then fell off a ladder and hit his head and dies they are adding it to the covid death count.

I'm sorry I did not. If you can link, great, if not I'll run back through and find it. But frankly that's insane.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT