ADVERTISEMENT

Home stretch

Nazareth got all 5 of their runs in the 5th inning and beat Chatham 5-1 for the 3A title. After they won the regionals, Chatham struggled to score runs and relied on Detmers and Danielson to shut down the opposition. The local radio announcers said that Nazareth started 4 sophomores and one freshman, so they could be back the next couple of years. Chatham returns Detmers but they will be rebuilding most of their lineup next year.

I think the 3rd place game is meaningless. They have one in basketball and wrestling too....thankfully not football. These teams came down here to win a State Championship. Now right after getting their hearts broke, you make them play again. I know the text book correct answer is “Just happy we get a chance to play again” but anyone who has competed knows they don’t want a 3rd place reminder trophy that they didn’t win State. Just my opinion.

Reactions: eireog
I think the 3rd place game is meaningless. They have one in basketball and wrestling too....thankfully not football. These teams came down here to win a State Championship. Now right after getting their hearts broke, you make them play again. I know the text book correct answer is “Just happy we get a chance to play again” but anyone who has competed knows they don’t want a 3rd place reminder trophy that they didn’t win State. Just my opinion.
There's almost always a blowout in the 3rd place game due to one team caring and one not.

Reactions: McCaravan
Go_rice said: And JCA wins a 2A title. What an f’ing joke!

Well Brother Rice needs something to put in their Trophy case besides MT. : )

Go_rice said: And JCA wins a 2A title. What an f’ing joke!

Well Brother Rice needs something to put in their Trophy case besides MT. : )
You said it all right there. Fill that trophy case with bogus trophies. I’ll take the 4A 3rd place over 2A anything.

• Haha
Reactions: USD24
Edwardsville wins 4A in a down to the wire thriller 4-3. Who had Mundelein as the State Runner up? I’m guessing just their parents and coaches. Crazy game this is. See ya on the Football board!

Edwardsville wins 4A in a down to the wire thriller 4-3. Who had Mundelein as the State Runner up? I’m guessing just their parents and coaches. Crazy game this is. See ya on the Football board!
I saw a Facebook post about the 4A championship and the comments lead me to believe there may have been some controversy? Seems like a commenter was talking about the Mundelein parents/fans. Was there a controversy or just sour grapes after losing a close game?

They’ve been ranked fairly high all year. So I would say those that follow HS baseball knew they were good. Pretty good every year

Reactions: Gene K.
They’ve been ranked fairly high all year. So I would say those that follow HS baseball knew they were good. Pretty good every year
My apologies, I don’t pay to close attention to PBR and the main newspapers don’t do jack didly squat with Baseball rankings. Daily Southtown I follow does a decent job but it’s primarily only South Chicago and South Suburban teams. I miss the days of Prep Plus in the Trib and when the Times gave baseball its due.

Reactions: eireog and Gene K.
My apologies, I don’t pay to close attention to PBR and the main newspapers don’t do jack didly squat with Baseball rankings. Daily Southtown I follow does a decent job but it’s primarily only South Chicago and South Suburban teams. I miss the days of Prep Plus in the Trib and when the Times gave baseball its due.
No worries. Yah baseball coverage and preps coverage in general is nothing like it used to be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT