ADVERTISEMENT

Hilltoppers 49 Morris 7 3:41 Q4 nm

The penalty on that punt return was stupid. Lucky they are up by four scores. This is a dumb JCA team. They may be winning handily, but I can't believe how undisciplined they are.
There was no penalty on the punt return. It was ruled step out of bounds , then back in bounds and contunued running and was hit.

Listening to WJOL they said that Beoshar from Morris did a great job in drawing the JCA line into movement. They also said JCA was taking too much time to start their plays causing the line to tense up and move.
Both are fixable problems.
Should be a great game at Memorial next week.

Reactions: rjjtwest
The Kish River I8 was down this year and Morris got exposed today.

When was the last time Providence and JCA faced each other in a game this significant?

Not so fast my friend, you had Morris winning, stay focused my friend!
No I did not. Go back and read what I said, "Morris would have to be perfect in all three phases of the game if they are going to win". Translation JCA was and should have been the favorite.

No I did not. Go back and read what I said, "Morris would have to be perfect in all three phases of the game if they are going to win". Translation JCA was and should have been the favorite.
All jokes aside, jca has their hands full with thee ol Celtics next week!!

Reactions: McEvergreen
Congrats to JCA!

Good luck to the legacy ESCC teams.
New York Yankees Thumbs Down GIF by MLB

Nah, Morris is flat and looks disinterested.
My son was at the game watching and just talking to him now he said that after the tribute to the Morris student who tragically passed this week, my boy said that he felt it kinda took the air out of the morris side before the game. Any thoughts on this?

Reactions: McEvergreen
My son was at the game watching and just talking to him now he said that after the tribute to the Morris student who tragically passed this week, my boy said that he felt it kinda took the air out of the morris side before the game. Any thoughts on this?
It definitely dialed the vibe down a notch. It never really felt like a Morris home game today. JCA on the other hand was flying around and came out swinging.

Entering the week, I assumed Morris was a decent favorite because I assumed their schedule was not what JC's was, but still fairly potent. Then I looked at what their opponents had done the first few weeks in the playoffs and it was......not good. My Sunday assumption of Morris having been battle tested became skepticism by Monday and then outright confidence that they had played nobody all season long by Tuesday. That kind of played out today.

I think Morris' injuries didn't help, but it wouldn't have mattered as their lines both got tossed around. For their part, JC looks great physically but has simply got to play smarter for all four quarters. The procedure and personal foul penalties will have to be reduced to close to zero for next week to not put us behind the 8 ball.

As for Morris, I assume they are on the phone next week looking to upgrade their weeks 1 and 2 games next season. With a conference as soft as the Kish/I-8, they simply have to play teams better than Coal City and Joliet West to be real players in 5A. I am confident they will. Maybe JC has an opening week 1 or 2 and these two can hook up again?

Entering the week, I assumed Morris was a decent favorite because I assumed their schedule was not what JC's was, but still fairly potent. Then I looked at what their opponents had done the first few weeks in the playoffs and it was......not good. My Sunday assumption of Morris having been battle tested became skepticism by Monday and then outright confidence that they had played nobody all season long by Tuesday. That kind of played out today.

I think Morris' injuries didn't help, but it wouldn't have mattered as their lines both got tossed around. For their part, JC looks great physically but has simply got to play smarter for all four quarters. The procedure and personal foul penalties will have to be reduced to close to zero for next week to not put us behind the 8 ball.

As for Morris, I assume they are on the phone next week looking to upgrade their weeks 1 and 2 games next season. With a conference as soft as the Kish/I-8, they simply have to play teams better than Coal City and Joliet West to be real players in 5A. I am confident they will. Maybe JC has an opening week 1 or 2 and these two can hook up again?
If Morris couldn't handle Jca this year I doubt they have a prayer next year.

Excuses aye?

Excuses aye?
rjjtwest,

What is up with you today? All year long you seem to have been a knowledgeable poster without a hint of condescension or conceit. You seem to have been hard on our own team and classy toward others. You fit in with most other ESCC/CCL posters by Lou Holtzing your own team and really playing up all others.

Then JC beats a clearly overmatched opponent today and you are coming after the slights of Morris broadcasters and fans? Most are very classy.

So I don't know why you seem so salty right now. Most of these Morris fans are not ones to make excuses and they know what happened today. Take a page from your own book that you wrote over the last 11 weeks. Wish them well and hope for a great offseason and then, for us, we move on to the next opponent. And against PC we are not looking for a scalp or for their fans and broadcasters to meet some level of required decorum. We are just looking for a win and chance to move on.

If Morris couldn't handle Jca this year I doubt they have a prayer next year.

Trolling about a kid that was killed, classy.L

rjjtwest,

What is up with you today? All year long you seem to have been a knowledgeable poster without a hint of condescension or conceit. You seem to have been hard on our own team and classy toward others. You fit in with most other ESCC/CCL posters by Lou Holtzing your own team and really playing up all others.

Then JC beats a clearly overmatched opponent today and you are coming after the slights of Morris broadcasters and fans? Most are very classy.

So I don't know why you seem so salty right now. Most of these Morris fans are not ones to make excuses and they know what happened today. Take a page from your own book that you wrote over the last 11 weeks. Wish them well and hope for a great offseason and then, for us, we move on to the next opponent. And against PC we are not looking for a scalp or for their fans and broadcasters to meet some level of required decorum. We are just looking for a win and chance to move on.
👍

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT