ADVERTISEMENT

Hilltoppers 31 Provi 21 FINAL nm

First half offense must have stayed in the locker room! That was way too close in the end. Like they played not to lose. Or players hurt?? Defense was awesome with the turnovers.

Reactions: rjjtwest
The good news is, they can throw. Don’t know why #29 JCA was not more involved. Has been a difference maker the prior few weeks. Most will be picking NAZ.

The thing that's really cool is how both Jca and Providence will both be vastly improved next year.

Reactions: Hofman
JCA absolutely destroyed us today. It was honestly embarrassing to watch lol we just can't compete. Good luck at state, wish we won but what are ya gonna do lol
I said the same exact thing after the September game as I am going to say now. I have no idea what PC has or what kind of potential they have. I haven't seen them get out of their own way until midway through the 7th quarter of football I have seen them play all year.

They had 5 turnovers in week 2 and 6 turnovers today. 11 turnovers in 2 games. That's more than some good teams turn the ball over in a season. I get that JC's havoc defense created some of that and they found a way to capitalize and dive on loose balls and earn the fumble recoveries. But of those 11 turnovers, 4-5 of them were yackety sax playing Washington Generals style bad snaps and just not what we have come to expect of the PC program.

It looks like they have talent. It seemed to come through a bit from a few minutes into today's third quarter until about halfway through the fourth quarter.

So I have seen them play about one quarter of really pretty good football. And then the other 7 quarters.....they didn't show themselves as bad by any stretch. They just didn't really show anything because they were always turning the ball over. It was really a testament to their talent level that they could turn the ball over as frequently as they did and still only be down by a few scores in the second half.

I imagine those things are largely youth inspired and coaching and dogged determination will fix them. Knowing PC, I assume that will happen.

Reactions: The Disciple
I said the same exact thing after the September game as I am going to say now. I have no idea what PC has or what kind of potential they have. I haven't seen them get out of their own way until midway through the 7th quarter of football I have seen them play all year.

They had 5 turnovers in week 2 and 6 turnovers today. 11 turnovers in 2 games. That's more than some good teams turn the ball over in a season. I get that JC's havoc defense created some of that and they found a way to capitalize and dive on loose balls and earn the fumble recoveries. But of those 11 turnovers, 4-5 of them were yackety sax playing Washington Generals style bad snaps and just not what we have come to expect of the PC program.

It looks like they have talent. It seemed to come through a bit from a few minutes into today's third quarter until about halfway through the fourth quarter.

So I have seen them play about one quarter of really pretty good football. And then the other 7 quarters.....they didn't show themselves as bad by any stretch. They just didn't really show anything because they were always turning the ball over. It was really a testament to their talent level that they could turn the ball over as frequently as they did and still only be down by a few scores in the second half.

I imagine those things are largely youth inspired and coaching and dogged determination will fix them. Knowing PC, I assume that will happen

It was a big surprise. From what I hear they had a large amount of starters returning from last year and did not have the kind of season they were expecting which was at least a return trip to state.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT