ADVERTISEMENT

Hilltoppers 40 Peoria 16 FINAL

Great game management by JCA in the 1st half. Doing enough to move the chains and playing good on defense. Peoria had some chances on deep balls, but the receivers couldn't quite haul them in. Second half will be interesting.

Impressive 2nd half for the Hilltoppers. Turnovers and bad snaps killed Peoria.
That and it doesn't help when Peoria doesn't score it gave JCA a short field. I know nothing of Triad but JCA at home should win that one.

Clearly the best JCA has looked since game 1. Great adjustments to the running game and some new passing schemes. Defense took full advantage of Peoria miscues.
And the Hill “hands team” corralled all the inside kicks. Plus only 1 penalty that I recall. Great job!!

Clearly the best JCA has looked since game 1. Great adjustments to the running game and some new passing schemes. Defense took full advantage of Peoria miscues.
And the Hill “hands team” corralled all the inside kicks. Plus only 1 penalty that I recall. Great job!!
Actually, can't argue with any facet of JCA's play tonight. I even liked how they varied their kickoff distances. Is there enough room on the Thank You card to Peoria for all the "Hill" players to sign? Short fields deserve some recognition. Morris awaits in two weeks!

For those of you who predicted Peoria who plays a weak schedule would win I believe your local house of worship has AA meetings Saturday Morning from what i've seen on the various marquees in front of said houses of worship

Actually, can't argue with any facet of JCA's play tonight. I even liked how they varied their kickoff distances. Is there enough room on the Thank You card to Peoria for all the "Hill" players to sign? Short fields deserve some recognition. Morris awaits in two weeks!

One game at a time. Morris likely has a tough game next week at SHG. Cannot look past the next opponent on the schedule. Many overlooked Morton when they came to Morris to play a few years ago and Seth Glatz ran for nearly 250 yards in the upset win IIRC.

Reactions: rjjtwest
For those of you who predicted Peoria who plays a weak schedule would win I believe your local house of worship has AA meetings Saturday Morning from what i've seen on the various marquees in front of said houses of worship
The real question is, how crazy are your legs…

I wish we had a stat on the percentage of Peoria onside kicks that they successfully recover and the pct. of onside kick recoveries by the receiving team that lead to 50-yard scoring drives.
I mean after a Peoria third at. TD it was 18/16 and then Joliet Catholic drove I believe only 48 yards for a 25-16 lead and Peoria recovered.
It would be great to have recovery pct. on non-surprise onside kicks, especially vs let’s say above-.500 teams that are capable of capitalizing on short fields.
On Friday the Peoria kickoff strategy looked like an awful plan against a quality team.
Do the analytics say that the strategy makes sense?

I wish we had a stat on the percentage of Peoria onside kicks that they successfully recover and the pct. of onside kick recoveries by the receiving team that lead to 50-yard scoring drives.
I mean after a Peoria third at. TD it was 18/16 and then Joliet Catholic drove I believe only 48 yards for a 25-16 lead and Peoria recovered.
It would be great to have recovery pct. on non-surprise onside kicks, especially vs let’s say above-.500 teams that are capable of capitalizing on short fields.
On Friday the Peoria kickoff strategy looked like an awful plan against a quality team.
Do the analytics say that the strategy makes sense?
They've done it for years. They made it to the championship last year and only lost by 1.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT