ADVERTISEMENT

Feeto's Friday Upset Special.....

Rochelle over St Francis. Control the ball, create a few turnovers, and steal the game late.
Was waiting for this pick. Rochelle is a very good football team, SF will need to bring their A game to win. Game will be decided on how SF front 7 play against a big and physical Rochelle O-line.

Last edited:
2 upsets from me

GBS over Barrington
Sandburg over Minooka

and 2 near upsets

Auburn and Hononegh play a single digit game
Hersey/Wheaton south comes down to last possession

• Wow
Reactions: RockSoup
Welcome to the second season. Just a reminder, a higher seeded team is not always a favorite, and upsets should not be based that way. Now for playoff week #1's upset. This week's upset is...... The unranked and #28 seed Vikings of Homewood Flossmoor over the # 8 ranked 8-1 and #5 seeded Dukes of York. In my opinion, upsets in the playoffs come from speed. HF can fly. The Vikes have played a seriously rough schedule this year, and they are battle tested. York is a great team, and will give HF everything they have tomorrow afternoon, but I see this ones going to Flossmoor. Final score..... HF 35 - York 28. That's this week's upset. What are your thoughts and who is your upset?
Highly, highly, highly unlikely. Dukes are back at full strength with a huge chip on their shoulder and a target on their back. Dukes 35 - HF 14. You mention HF's schedule but the Dukes had no easy road. 6 of their 9 opponents made the playoffs and they went 5-1 against them. HF played 4 playoff teams and went 1-3 against them.

Only you, because you can't fathom why PND would play in a larger conference and not petition up for the playoffs so they can play with their level of competition. I mean who wants to compete for a Mickey Mouse title, right?
No, it's the people who disagree with me (and there's no shortage, there) who get upset.

No, it's the people who disagree with me (and there's no shortage, there) who get upset.
Play who is on the schedule. I'm all for football enrollment, and MC is just as soft as any for not playing up. Like it or not, that's the case.

Go outside for a walk and scare some kids.

Reactions: rjjtwest
Play who is on the schedule. I'm all for football enrollment, and MC is just as soft as any for not playing up. Like it or not, that's the case.

Go outside for a walk and scare some kids.

I like your shtick. You have some biting responses coupled with your ambiguous threads with their silly rules that only you understand and threaten people to say on the topic while veering off topic to get some good jabs in. Maybe you can come down to the 217 and we can make GrossNoises together. Or it could wait until after Thanksgiving if your squad is still playing- mine will be.

You are slipping though, someone mentioned Cahokia over Breese as an upset. It is most certainly not an upset. You should have made your GrossNoises at him.

My crazy upset pick of the weekend has gotta be St. Rita over Mt. Carmel. Either way the Lord wins.

Not an upset, stay on topic
I think GrossNoises is correct with his upset pick. SHG at 6-3 is going for a long road trip to play a 7-2 team which plays several schools with enrollments much larger than their's. Do you think this is a toss-up game? If not, why do you have the Cyclones winning this game?

Peoria over JCA. Not a huge upset, but an upset based on the computer projections. I think the Hilltoppers will struggle to stop Peoria and Peoria will get enough stops to win a high scoring game. I am not rooting for this, i just dont have a good feeling. Peoria is a bad place for Hilltopper football. The most painful JCA loss I have witnessed occurred down there 12 years ago in the playoffs. Also lost in the playoffs my freshman year down there.
I remember that game; should have punted !

Reactions: mchsalumni
Very entertaining thread gents. Like Jason Isbell alluded to in his solo effort ‘Speed Trap Town’, the state playoffs represent “a boys last dream, and a man’s first loss”

Good Luck to your boys tonight and tomorrow

I think GrossNoises is correct with his upset pick. SHG at 6-3 is going for a long road trip to play a 7-2 team which plays several schools with enrollments much larger than their's. Do you think this is a toss-up game? If not, why do you have the Cyclones winning this game?
SHG wins this by 14, 21 if the track is dry. Speed and strength of schedule are determining factors, not prior performance.

Reactions: rocketnation
Peoria Notre Dame (Peoria, IL) at Kewanee (IL), 7:00pm [projection and percent chances to win: Kewanee (IL) 35 (81%) Peoria Notre Dame (Peoria, IL) 21 (19%)]

I'm going oppo Calpreps and picking PND.

Very entertaining thread gents. Like Jason Isbell alluded to in his solo effort ‘Speed Trap Town’, the state playoffs represent “a boys last dream, and a man’s first loss”

Good Luck to your boys tonight and tomorrow
Jason Isbell must be protected at all costs.

• Love
Reactions: RockSoup
Welcome to the second season. Just a reminder, a higher seeded team is not always a favorite, and upsets should not be based that way. Now for playoff week #1's upset. This week's upset is...... The unranked and #28 seed Vikings of Homewood Flossmoor over the # 8 ranked 8-1 and #5 seeded Dukes of York. In my opinion, upsets in the playoffs come from speed. HF can fly. The Vikes have played a seriously rough schedule this year, and they are battle tested. York is a great team, and will give HF everything they have tomorrow afternoon, but I see this ones going to Flossmoor. Final score..... HF 35 - York 28. That's this week's upset. What are your thoughts and who is your upset?
That’s a great pick feeto. I was thinking the same thing. If HF plays like they did last week the Dukes could be in trouble. It will depend on which HF shows up.

Peoria over JCA. Not a huge upset, but an upset based on the computer projections. I think the Hilltoppers will struggle to stop Peoria and Peoria will get enough stops to win a high scoring game. I am not rooting for this, i just dont have a good feeling. Peoria is a bad place for Hilltopper football. The most painful JCA loss I have witnessed occurred down there 12 years ago in the playoffs. Also lost in the playoffs my freshman year down there.
The year before your Freshman year as well. Peoria suburb Bartonville Limestone 31 Joliet Catholic 28

I like your shtick. You have some biting responses coupled with your ambiguous threads with their silly rules that only you understand and threaten people to say on the topic while veering off topic to get some good jabs in. Maybe you can come down to the 217 and we can make GrossNoises together. Or it could wait until after Thanksgiving if your squad is still playing- mine will be.

You are slipping though, someone mentioned Cahokia over Breese as an upset. It is most certainly not an upset. You should have made your GrossNoises at him.

My crazy upset pick of the weekend has gotta be St. Rita over Mt. Carmel. Either way the Lord wins.

From your typed words to God's ears. Now, let's do this!

While I am FAR from an expert on most of these southern teams, why are you so set on Cahokia NOT being an upset? They are seeded far below (altho we know seedings are basically meaningless), have a worse record and played against fewer playoff teams. Neither team has a very good playoff record. Breeze has a lot more playoff points and their opponents have 11 more wins than Cahokia. Even calpreps has breese winning. I’m not saying it’d be the shocker of the century but I’m guessing a definite majority would be expecting central to win 🤷🏻‍♂️

SHG has played better competition and despite finishing with two losses, a 10 point loss to Rochester is a pretty good loss.
I don’t think SHG will clock them, but I’d be very surprised if they didn’t advance to a next weekend home game vs Morris.

Reactions: 89morrisgrad
Because Cahokia forfeited 2 wins. That's not your grandma's 5-4 squad.

Like I said, not an expert on every team in playoffs. Did not realize they forfeited twice. No guarantee they would have beaten Carbondale as it looks like they were evenly matched. But I do get your point as it may not be an upset but more of a pickem.

SHG has played better competition and despite finishing with two losses, a 10 point loss to Rochester is a pretty good loss.
I don’t think SHG will clock them, but I’d be very surprised if they didn’t advance to a next weekend home game vs Morris.

Agreed.

SHG wins this by 14, 21 if the track is dry. Speed and strength of schedule are determining factors, not prior performance.
Doesn't TFN have speed? Maybe you know. I only watched some replays of last year's game, so I'm not sure what they offer this year. Their O-line looked quite large.

Is Brother Rice over Batavia considered an upset? Winner loses to Mt. Carmel in the semifinals. I have Brother Rice putting it all together after a battle tested season. Seems more like a toss up. I do love how bad we are as a group at picking what constitutes an upset. We are silly geese.
Rice getting crushed…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT