ADVERTISEMENT

Feeto's Friday Upset Special.....

feeto

Aug 23, 2007
Welcome to the second season. Just a reminder, a higher seeded team is not always a favorite, and upsets should not be based that way. Now for playoff week #1's upset. This week's upset is...... The unranked and #28 seed Vikings of Homewood Flossmoor over the # 8 ranked 8-1 and #5 seeded Dukes of York. In my opinion, upsets in the playoffs come from speed. HF can fly. The Vikes have played a seriously rough schedule this year, and they are battle tested. York is a great team, and will give HF everything they have tomorrow afternoon, but I see this ones going to Flossmoor. Final score..... HF 35 - York 28. That's this week's upset. What are your thoughts and who is your upset?

The one that first stands out is Rice over Batavia, but I think the Bulldogs will be ready and pull away from the Crusaders. My upset will take place in the land of six flags. I think Oswego heads up to the northern suburbs and beats Warren in a low scoring slug fest. Sorry Micah.

I wouldn't call them upsets really but any number of high(er) seeded CPS teams will get pounded by lower seeded teams who played tough schedules

Reactions: cigaros
I'm on a 4 week roll with predicting these, @3OrangeWhips has seduced me with Gibsons Steak offer, even though $100 dollars at Gibsons will get me a appetizer and side salad, I take BR Crusaders, the proud alma mater of my 2 brothers, 4 nephews, and several cousins, over the Batavia Bulldogs......And I do they they have that punchers chance to pull this off.

If I can use another one, one that I wasn't seduced by properly cooked meat, I'll take Morton (+17) over Providence.

I'm on a 4 week roll with predicting these, @3OrangeWhips has seduced me with Gibsons Steak offer, even though $100 dollars at Gibsons will get me a appetizer and side salad, I take BR Crusaders, the proud alma mater of my 2 brothers, 4 nephews, and several cousins, over the Batavia Bulldogs......And I do they they have that punchers chance to pull this off.

If I can use another one, one that I wasn't seduced by properly cooked meat, I'll take Morton (+17) over Providence.
Batavia -4- I'm giving this the lock of the week. Sorry Crusaders, this is a tough first round draw. I like Batavia at home 28-17.

For a $100 gift certificate!!

Reactions: 3OrangeWhips
Just you. The beat around the 217 is SHG is the underdog based on their injuries and rocky play against MacArthur. Just because you arbitrarily decide a game is not an upset based on a school's post season successes doesn't mean it's accurate.
It's not an upset....and I'm a TFN alum and picked SHG FYI

Here is how Cal Preps projects everyone's upsets

York over HF 35-21
Richmond Burton over St Viator 31-24
Brother Rice over Batavia 28-27
Macarthur over Metamora 35-31
St Iggy over Joliet West 35-14
Kewanee over PND 21-20
SHG over TFN 31-14
Rochester over Cahokia 35-6
Warren over Oswego 28-7

Is Brother Rice over Batavia considered an upset? Winner loses to Mt. Carmel in the semifinals. I have Brother Rice putting it all together after a battle tested season. Seems more like a toss up. I do love how bad we are as a group at picking what constitutes an upset. We are silly geese.

Reactions: Jenny27
I’ll give this a try

Hoffman Estates over LWW
Simeon over Normal West
Fulton over Morrison

Peoria over JCA. Not a huge upset, but an upset based on the computer projections. I think the Hilltoppers will struggle to stop Peoria and Peoria will get enough stops to win a high scoring game. I am not rooting for this, i just dont have a good feeling. Peoria is a bad place for Hilltopper football. The most painful JCA loss I have witnessed occurred down there 12 years ago in the playoffs. Also lost in the playoffs my freshman year down there.

Last edited:
Is Brother Rice over Batavia considered an upset? Winner loses to Mt. Carmel in the semifinals. I have Brother Rice putting it all together after a battle tested season. Seems more like a toss up. I do love how bad we are as a group at picking what constitutes an upset. We are silly geese.
Definitely an upset.

Reactions: dweise
Just you. The beat around the 217 is SHG is the underdog based on their injuries and rocky play against MacArthur. Just because you arbitrarily decide a game is not an upset based on a school's post season successes doesn't mean it's accurate.
Sat 10-28
atCalumet City-TFN
(7-2)
97 %

We don't have time for shenanigans, it's the playoffs. Tell your story somewhere else.

Reactions: doctor_d and USD24
St. Rita over MC (last minute field goal)
Why? Because when you have nothing to lose, you have everything to gain. Sometimes an injured and cornered animal is the most dangerous version of themself.
Ahmad Merritt is not walking on that field tonight.

Peoria over JCA. Not a huge upset, but an upset based on the computer projections. I think the Hilltoppers will struggle to stop Peoria and Peoria will get enough stops to win a high scoring game. I am not rooting for this, i just dont have a good feeling. Peoria is a bad place for Hilltopper football. The most painful JCA loss I have witnessed occurred down there 12 years ago in the playoffs. Also lost in the playoffs my freshman year down there.
The cursed land of Peoria aye?! lol

Reactions: USD24
8A: None
7A; Brother Rice over Batavia
6A: Libertyville over Cary-Grove
5A: Naz over PR
4A: None
3A: None
2A: None
1A: None

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT