ADVERTISEMENT

Bears

It was many others. I just sent the first one I saw. I don’t follow these guys but it wasn’t just them. Poles showed his hand and everyone that was watching knew what he wanted including his comment he needed to be wowed to trade him. I don’t think he was wowed for what he got for him and I also think if he had it to do over he would’ve handled it differently. I called it a blunder and it was and nobody in their right mind wouldn’t dispute it.
I still see nothing from Poles saying he needed to be wowed. The media may have implied that but where did Poles actually say it?

I dont even know why any team would want Russell Wilson. This guy is done.
Russ had 26 TDs to 8 INTs last year on a bad Broncos team. If that's done, sign me up. Especially since PIT is only paying him $1.2 mil.

Russ had 26 TDs to 8 INTs last year on a bad Broncos team. If that's done, sign me up. Especially since PIT is only paying him $1.2 mil.
I can see why they took him. I don’t believe he is a long term solution, but for the price maybe he can get them to the playoffs if he plays well.

He didn’t need to say it. Everyone knew what he was doing. I don’t think you’re that naive.
Lol. So what magic beans did you read that implied Poles was demanding a haul for Fields? So you agree he never said anything that goes with what you're saying, it was all just your assumptions? I haven't even heard any rumors of demands that Poles wanted in any return for Fields. Him saying he wanted to do right by fields and that he was open to all scenarios doesn't exactly scream high demand return when reading between the lines.

So far Poles has been very patient and calculating in his time with the Bears so I don't see why now he would decide to be impulsive and demand above and beyond what he knows a player is worth.

Lol. So what magic beans did you read that implied Poles was demanding a haul for Fields? So you agree he never said anything that goes with what you're saying, it was all just your assumptions? I haven't even heard any rumors of demands that Poles wanted in any return for Fields. Him saying he wanted to do right by fields and that he was open to all scenarios doesn't exactly scream high demand return when reading between the lines.

So far Poles has been very patient and calculating in his time with the Bears so I don't see why now he would decide to be impulsive and demand above and beyond what he knows a player is worth.
Really
He said he had to be blown away.
Same as being wowed.

While I didn't like what Poles did with Roquan, Claypool, Sweat, or this Fields situation...the guy has hit on 90% plus of his decisions so far. Let's just see where this goes. He clearly is better at this than a lot give him credit. I know, it's hard to trust after so many terrible steps over the years.

Reactions: corey90 and 4Afan
While I didn't like what Poles did with Roquan, Claypool, Sweat, or this Fields situation...the guy has hit on 90% plus of his decisions so far. Let's just see where this goes. He clearly is better at this than a lot give him credit. I know, it's hard to trust after so many terrible steps over the years.
Agree on everything except for Sweat. How has he not been worth a 2nd round pick?

Agree on everything except for Sweat. How has he not been worth a 2nd round pick?
The mechanics of it. He traded the second round pick (very high second round) then also gifted a crazy extension (the 6th highest in the NFL)! If he wanted to overpay, he could have waited until free agency and kept the 2nd round pick.

The mechanics of it. He traded the second round pick (very high second round) then also gifted a crazy extension (the 6th highest in the NFL)! If he wanted to overpay, he could have waited until free agency and kept the 2nd round pick.
Who says he would have been there in free agency? Poles is more in tune to what's going on than we are.

He's a top 5 Edge rusher, that costs money. Fellow Bears fans confuse me, they want the best but are mad when they have to pay for it. Good players aren't cheap.

They've had big bucks in free agency lately because their roster was trash and not worth resigning, but Poles is working on that by spending smartly.

Who says he would have been there in free agency? Poles is more in tune to what's going on than we are.

He's a top 5 Edge rusher, that costs money. Fellow Bears fans confuse me, they want the best but are mad when they have to pay for it. Good players aren't cheap.

They've had big bucks in free agency lately because their roster was trash and not worth resigning, but Poles is working on that by spending smartly.
He's a top 5 edge rusher on the league?

Think Tim Robinson GIF by NETFLIX

If he gets drafted by someone else and ends up being an HOFer everyone will complain and say the Bears blew it again but there's no guarantee he would have been the same guy on the Bears. Same goes for Mahomes. I don't care what anyone says, if the Bears had drafted him there's a 0% chance the Bears would have 3 Super Bowl wins in the last 5 years. Mahomes has said Reid made him who he is. You can't just put any QB on any team and say they'd be the same QB with the same numbers.
The perfect example of your comment is Steve Young on the Buccaneers & Steve Young on the 49ers.

Reactions: 4Afan
Bears got shit for Fields. I will miss him. Caleb Williams is a head case & a joke

That's how I feel but we must give Caleb a chance to prove us wrong.

I rather be wrong and have the Bears win. I'm hoping Corey and the rest are right on this.

Reactions: corey90
Steelers draft picks. Can they get more offensive weapons?

2024 Steelers NFL Draft Slots:

First Round – 20th pick in round (20th pick overall)

Second Round –19th pick in round (51st pick overall)

Third Round – 20th pick in round (84th pick overall)

Third Round - 35th pick in round (98th pick overall) (acquired from Philadelphia Eagles via Kenny Pickett trade)

Fourth Round – 19th pick in round (119th pick overall)

Fifth Round – No pick (traded to Los Angeles Rams via Kevin Dotson trade)

Sixth Round – 2nd pick in round (178th pick overall) (acquired from Carolina in Diontae Johnson/Donte Jackson trade)

Sixth Round - 19th pick in round (195th pick overall)

Seventh Round – No pick (traded to Carolina Panthers via Diontae Johnson/Donte Jackson trade)

By trading Fields you also lost access to Marvin Harrison Jr, Nabors and Odunze. Bad move Bears.

I am okay with the Sweat deal. I doubt he would have been available for FA. Sometimes you have to make a deal when they are available. Sweat improved the defense immensely.

By trading Fields you also lost access to Marvin Harrison Jr, Nabors and Odunze. Bad move Bears.
They don’t lose access to those guys. Nabers or Odunze will be there at 9. Also this is an incredibly deep draft for wide outs. I expect them to move out of 9. Stock pile picks and address wide receiver later.

Worthy
Leggette
Thomas

All very talented and NFL ready guys. Now that they got Allen I’d expect them to focus on edge - if the Alabama and Florida St kids are there at 9 it could end up as a very nice draft

I just feel like passing on a top 3 WR and trading down is trading a top flight gamebreaker for 2 mid level players.

EDGE is the toughest position to draft and while there’s WR depth this year, I don’t value any of them as a true gamebreaker. Of course anything can happen, the Rams got a WR1 late last year, but give me Odunze.

This may be the last top 10 pick we get. We won’t get a chance to take this level of WR1 prospect to get on a rookie contract with Williams.

Trading down to pick a defensive player would be a massive shortsighted mistake in looking at a current need (2nd EDGE) vs the overall big picture (building around Caleb).

Reactions: corey90
Wish Justin nothing but the best. Dude came into a pretty tough situation with the old Nagy/Pace regime on the way out, that got worse with the tear down, and then eventually better towards the end (2nd half of this past season)
Most of that time he was either given schemes that didn’t play to his strengths (and sometimes his weaknesses) or he had an offense that was bad up front and severely lacking weapons. Sometimes it was all of the above.
All he did was go out and compete. Respect him a lot and I hope he gets another chance to reach his potential.

Reactions: Gene K. and pjjp
I have said before, as a person, I like Fields. But, I just don't think he is a real good QB. He isn't awful. But, he hasn't been that good either and he needed to go. I was one of the first ones here to say so. Some people here talked about potential and athletic ability in him. And those things are important to bring to the table. But, eventually, it comes down to results and Fields' results weren't good. You can blame everything else around him. But his results didn't measure up to a QB who can take a team to the NFC championship game and possibly a SB.

We saw the final value of Fields when we saw what the Bears got for him. It's the old saying of, "we don't see ourselves as others see us." The league simply isn't very impressed with Fields. If Fields was that good and if Poles, Et Al. thought, the Bears would have kept him or they would have gotten a hell of a lot more for him.

I understand that there is talk that an offer or two were made and were a little better. But Poles wanted to "do right" by Fields, so he didn't take those offers. I am not sure I believe that. But if it was true, shame on Poles for taking anything less than what was offered. His first loyalty is to the Bears.

I have said before, as a person, I like Fields. But, I just don't think he is a real good QB. He isn't awful. But, he hasn't been that good either and he needed to go. I was one of the first ones here to say so. Some people here talked about potential and athletic ability in him. And those things are important to bring to the table. But, eventually, it comes down to results and Fields' results weren't good. You can blame everything else around him. But his results didn't measure up to a QB who can take a team to the NFC championship game and possibly a SB.

We saw the final value of Fields when we saw what the Bears got for him. It's the old saying of, "we don't see ourselves as others see us." The league simply isn't very impressed with Fields. If Fields was that good and if Poles, Et Al. thought, the Bears would have kept him or they would have gotten a hell of a lot more for him.

I understand that there is talk that an offer or two were made and were a little better. But Poles wanted to "do right" by Fields, so he didn't take those offers. I am not sure I believe that. But if it was true, shame on Poles for taking anything less than what was offered. His first loyalty is to the Bears.
Any the fans.

You all know my main concern, if the Bears Draft Williams I’m afraid they are getting a head case…. Remember the last time the Bears had two great receivers? We had Cutler a major head case. I’m concerned that history willl repeat.

Marvin Harrison Jr. not participating in OSUs Pro Day also did not work out at Combine...what a diva and headcase, right?
Definitely not a fan of him skipping both, but at least Harrison asked teams if they needed to see him workout.

"Harrison asked the nine teams he met with at the Combine if they needed to see anything from him at the Ohio State pro day. The group responded in the negative."

Definitely not a fan of him skipping both, but at least Harrison asked teams if they needed to see him workout.

"Harrison asked the nine teams he met with at the Combine if they needed to see anything from him at the Ohio State pro day. The group responded in the negative."
Obviously, I'm being a little tongue in cheek.... but just saying.

Seems like not everyone on the Bears is excited about Williams being the top pick...

"You can't bring that Hollywood stuff into the building," Jaylen Johnson said on the "Up & Adams" show Wednesday. "Especially not with guys who have played this game at a high level for consecutive years in the league."

He added: "We gonna see through it ... What you did in college, the Hollywood, it's like, nah, you gotta prove yourself. That stuff doesn't matter."

Seems like not everyone on the Bears is excited about Williams being the top pick...

"You can't bring that Hollywood stuff into the building," Jaylen Johnson said on the "Up & Adams" show Wednesday. "Especially not with guys who have played this game at a high level for consecutive years in the league."

He added: "We gonna see through it ... What you did in college, the Hollywood, it's like, nah, you gotta prove yourself. That stuff doesn't matter."
Caleb certainly looked and talked the part. Chicago fans don’t know how to appreciate a talented QB. If you don’t like his personality that’s fine but make no mistake this kid is talented and I hope he is our next QB.

Caleb certainly looked and talked the part. Chicago fans don’t know how to appreciate a talented QB. If you don’t like his personality that’s fine but make no mistake this kid is talented and I hope he is our next QB.
We shall see, but this is a player, not a fan. Something to keep an eye on if players are speaking out before he gets drafted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT