ADVERTISEMENT

Barrington 42 Maine South 40 Final

I had a North Dallas Forty type of night with a college MLB who, mere hours later, called out every play the opposing QB audibled to and watched that QB call time out like it was pointed at my buddy.

If you know, you know.
I hope Barrington pulls a win at LWE, where I’ve seen some tough, but great games over the years. MS had a great team and came up short based on (lack of) DEF coverage or matching athleticism of #1 in the slot and failure to block for a FG IMO. Relative to signal gate, they held MS to 560yds of offense and 465 yds passing. Not very good at it if indeed true

Reporting fact, not opinion, from firsthand accounts. It happened, I'm not trying to prove any case here. You can choose to believe it or not. Congrats again to Barrington on the win.
Lol. The only fact I can see is that you're a clown dude. Not going to entertain this anymore. Hard fought game by a bunch of kids.

Didnt MS score 33 points vs Belleville East? Not sure I would call that holding them in check. I do agree that LWE wins this game handily. 35-14
I have no idea what will happen but what I do know is Barrington's offense is far superior to anything LWE has seen thus far in the playoffs.

I have no idea what will happen but what I do know is Barrington's offense is far superior to anything LWE has seen thus far in the playoffs.
That's really not saying much. Minooka, Taft and Warren aren't exactly offensive juggernauts.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
That's really not saying much. Minooka, Taft and Warren aren't exactly offensive juggernauts.
Okay, better than they have seen all year. Their QB has 35 touchdowns to 3 interceptions. They have a 1300 yard back and a 700 yard back. Their QB threw for 500 yards and 5 touchdowns on Maine South alone. Their number 2 wideout had 285 receiving yards and 2 touchdowns last week. LWE defense would slow anyone down, but Barrington will score 21 at least. Let's see how LWE ball control offense plays when they are behind. Barrington would have to go up early and then get a few turnovers while getting LWE offense out of their comfort zone. Barrington also has the state leader in sacks, Van Ness has 16 sacks. His brother was just drafted 13 overall by Green Bay. 8 of Barrington's 12 games have been against playoff opponents. 5 in the regular season and now 3 in the postseason, obviously. They have not put up these numbers against poor competition.

This will be a very tough game for Barrington and given LWE's experience in these types of games, I would give Barrington a 20% chance to win. But 1 out of 5 ain't bad and it's only one game.

Okay, better than they have seen all year. Their QB has 35 touchdowns to 3 interceptions. They have a 1300 yard back and a 700 yard back. Their QB threw for 500 yards and 5 touchdowns on Maine South alone. Their number 2 wideout had 285 receiving yards and 2 touchdowns last week. LWE defense would slow anyone down, but Barrington will score 21 at least. Let's see how LWE ball control offense plays when they are behind. Barrington would have to go up early and then get a few turnovers while getting LWE offense out of their comfort zone. Barrington also has the state leader in sacks, Van Ness has 16 sacks. His brother was just drafted 13 overall by Green Bay. 8 of Barrington's 12 games have been against playoff opponents. 5 in the regular season and now 3 in the postseason, obviously. They have not put up these numbers against poor competition.

This will be a very tough game for Barrington and given LWE's experience in these types of games, I would give Barrington a 20% chance to win. But 1 out of 5 ain't bad and it's only one game.
Fair enough. If there is a comparable offense on the LWE schedule, I would say it is Batavia. The Bulldogs have scored a few more points than Barrington this season and are pretty lethal both on the ground and in the air. FWIW, they put up 13 points on LWE.

Fair enough. If there is a comparable offense on the LWE schedule, I would say it is Batavia. The Bulldogs have scored a few more points than Barrington this season and are pretty lethal both on the ground and in the air. FWIW, they put up 13 points on LWE.
Yes that stat scares me. Fair point about Batavia. Not sure how Batavia's strength of schedule is though. In any event, they are Batavia, not that strength of schedule would be cause for alarm in any event. Their schedule does look fairly strong. Just hope Barrington can earn some respect in this game and play it close, maybe catch some breaks and somehow pull it out.

I am really interested to see what happens. Because with Barrington they have 3 wideouts who can go the distance as well as a tailback that is very tough to bring down. You really have to defend the whole field. Looking forward to it. I will be at Buffalo Wild Wings down the street pregame having a few beers and hoping for a hard fought game.

Last edited:
Yes that stat scares me. Fair point about Batavia. Not sure how Batavia's strength of schedule is though. In any event, they are Batavia, not that strength of schedule would be cause for alarm in any event. Their schedule does look fairly strong. Just hope Barrington can earn some respect in this game and play it close, maybe catch some breaks and somehow pull it out.

I am really interested to see what happens. Because with Barrington they have 3 wideouts who can go the distance as well as a tailback that is very tough to bring down. You really have to defend the whole field. Looking forward to it. I will be at Buffalo Wild Wings down the street pregame having a few beers and hoping for a hard fought game.
I haven't seen Beast this year but I'll guess their defensive line up. DL big, strong and relentless. LBs undersized, aggressive and they make every tackle. DBs good size, speed and always in position. They probably haven't seen an offense like Barrington. But I can guarantee you that Beast will be the best defense you've seen. It's what they pride themselves on. Four to five dudes on every tackle. Good luck to you guys!

Reactions: Quags57 and alpha08
I haven't seen Beast this year but I'll guess their defensive line up. DL big, strong and relentless. LBs undersized, aggressive and they make every tackle. DBs good size, speed and always in position. They probably haven't seen an offense like Barrington. But I can guarantee you that Beast will be the best defense you've seen. It's what they pride themselves on. Four to five dudes on every tackle. Good luck to you guys!
Best defense we have seen no question. Can't argue that. Maine South gap fit very well and shut down run game. But they focused so much on stopping 18 they let Barrington over the top time and time again. Will be interesting to see if LWE can defend the whole field. If my team can play a hard fought game, it would do wonders for our reputation state wide. I think MS fans respect us because we have played so many hard fought games against each other, but the other blue bloods in 8A probably do not see us that way. Hoping we can change that this weekend. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: corey90
Maybe but Barrington will see the best defense they have seen this year. After watching the Barrington defense in MS game, i don’t believe they can stop East’s offense. That’s said I believe this is going to be a good game.

Reactions: alpha08
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT