ADVERTISEMENT

Barrington at LW East

Warren doesn't know how to throw the ball. Broncos QB has 35 TD passes to 3 picks and 2800 yards. You can't compare Warren to Barrington. Easier to stop the run when Warrens passing game is inept. That being said I think LWE will shut down the run. I don't see how I can credibly predict anything else based on what we have seen. But Barrington's offense is far more well rounded than Warren's.
Pretty harsh on Warren aren’t we?

Warren doesn't know how to throw the ball. Broncos QB has 35 TD passes to 3 picks and 2800 yards. You can't compare Warren to Barrington. Easier to stop the run when Warrens passing game is inept. That being said I think LWE will shut down the run. I don't see how I can credibly predict anything else based on what we have seen. But Barrington's offense is far more well rounded than Warren's.
Well that Warren team who only runs scored 33 on Barrington. LWE is more well rounded and balanced than Warren.

Reactions: WIU78
Well that Warren team who only runs scored 33 on Barrington. LWE is more well rounded and balanced than Warren.
Wait…Warren who is inept at throwing the ball scored 33 on Barrington and lost by 7 points? They ran the ball for 33 points? The same Warren who scored against LWE? I’m getting confused now.

Wait…Warren who is inept at throwing the ball scored 33 on Barrington and lost by 7 points? They ran the ball for 33 points? The same Warren who scored against LWE? I’m getting confused now.
Umm yea they actually did run the ball for 33 points. They ran for 445 yards and 5 touchdowns. They passed for 28 yards with no touchdowns and 2 interceptions. That is exactly what happened. There is nothing to be confused about.

Warren passed for 4 touchdowns all season for an average of 52 passing yards per game. Are you credibly arguing Warren's passing attack is legitimate or are you just trolling?

Last edited:
Warren was shut out by LWE.

Well that is interesting. For a first game of the season it doesn’t say a bunch however.

Well that is interesting. For a first game of the season it doesn’t say a bunch however.
The first game does not I agree. 12 games with a total of 4 touchdown passes and 628 passing yards seems to though. Barrington passed for 500 and 5 touchdowns last week against Maine South alone. I am not saying Barrington is going to win. I am just responding to your attempted call out of me when I said Warrens passing attack is inept. It is completely inept and that is not an arguable point. Their leading receiver had 155 yards. Their rushing attack was phenomenal though so obviously that is their offensive style of play. Which LWE did completely shut down.

I appreciate the fact that Warren who has become a regular in the final four and a state competitor is being belittled by a team supporter that has battled for a championship one time in 99 years. In 1998. The QB for Warren was in his first varsity game as a Junior and you are throwing dirt on him? Not cool.

I appreciate the fact that Warren who has become a regular in the final four and a state competitor is being belittled by a team supporter that has battled for a championship one time in 99 years. In 1998. The QB for Warren was in his first varsity game as a Junior and you are throwing dirt on him? Not cool.
He said their passing game is not good and it's true. What's the big deal here.

Reactions: alpha08
I appreciate the fact that Warren who has become a regular in the final four and state competitor is being belittled by team that has battled for a championship one time in 99 years. In 1998. The QB for Warren was in his first varsity game as a Junior and you are throwing dirt on him? Not cool.
I'm not throwing dirt on him at all or Warren. They are a great program. You are shifting the argument to make me look like the bad guy. I said Barrington is a much more well rounded offense than Warren because Warren cannot throw the ball. You seemed to disagree and responded in a rather arrogant manner. I responded with reality and statistics which prove that the Warren passing attack was essentially non-existent. That is all this was. Nothing more. It was certainly not a personal attack and I am unsure how it can be construed that way. It was a response to your comment.

Reactions: Bwm57
Other than their one runner up finish Warren has never made it past the quarterfinals.

Reactions: USD24
Inept is a strong word to throw around with young men involved. That’s all. Have at it.

Inept is a strong word to throw around with young men involved. That’s all. Have at it.
If the argument is now one of semantics and my use of the word inept, you're probably right. I thought the argument was about Warrens passing attack though. To your other post above I think Barrington has only been in the semis three times, 74, 98 and tomorrow. Only one state title appearance. 7 quarterfinal appearances since 2003 I believe.

No problem. Just didn’t see the knock on Warren from a Barrington fan regarding style of play and critique. Recent history would indicate the Devils are a more “competent” team? See you all in Frankfort.

Reactions: corey90
You said yourself past success means nothing. That we agree on. As I said earlier my heart thinks Barrington by 3, my head thinks LWE by 10. Let's just hope nobody gets hurt and whoever wins can win the title.

My takeaway is that Barrington allowed 445 yards rushing to Warren knowing they are not a passing team. Wow
Don’t think for a minute East coaches didn’t take note.

I think Barrington's offense will score their points on LWE defense. That is not to say it will look anything like last week against Maine South. I mean Barrington QB is not going to throw for 500 yards and 5 touchdowns on that defense. But I think they can score 21, possibly 28 if a few turnovers are involved. The story here is not Barringtons offensive performance, it is whether or not Barrington D can keep LWE offense under 21 points. I think Barrington's best chance is to get up early and take LWE ball control offense out of their comfort zone. Then hopefully force some turnovers as their secondary has a lot of ballhawks. Plus they have the state leader in sacks with 16.

I am not going to pretend like Barrington will light up the scoreboard. I mean how can I say that based on what we have seen from Easts defense. But if the offense can score 3 touchdowns and get LWE out of rhythm on offense they will have a chance. If LWE offense puts up a lot of points Barrington can forget about winning. I just hope Barrington can play them tight and earn some respect state wide, then maybe have some bounces go their way and have a chance at the end. LWE will have to defend the whole field as Barrington has a 1500 yard back, 700 yard back and 3 legit deep threat wideouts. If LWE shuts them down entirely, I will be the first to tip my cap. I really have no idea what will happen and the only thing that would surprise me is a Barrington blowout. Predictions:

My heart: 27-24 Broncos
My head: 31-21 LWE.
Alpha08
I think you can tip your cap! Lol
No passing TD’s and it was a blowout. I didn’t expect a blowout either for what’s worth! East is well balanced and I think they have the best defense in the state. East has allowed 6 points in the playoffs.

Reactions: alpha08
Alpha08
I think you can tip your cap! Lol
No passing TD’s and it was a blowout. I didn’t expect a blowout either for what’s worth! East is well balanced and I think they have the best defense in the state. East has allowed 6 points in the playoffs.
Nothing but a big cap tip from me! Experience matters in those games. LWE was ready, Barrington not. Nothing went their way at all. But the better team deserved to win. Great win and season for them.

Reactions: corey90
Nothing but a big cap tip from me! Experience matters in those games. LWE was ready, Barrington not. Nothing went their way at all. But the better team deserved to win. Great win and season for them.
Well we can both tip our hat to Loyola since they beat East again this year. Maybe next year? Take care my friend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT